Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Occupy Philadelphia Philly: 06-Nov-2011: WARMING STATION courtesy of Truth Freedom Prosperity

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 7, 2011, 8:07 a.m. EST by darrenlobo (204)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This video shows the OCCUPY PHILADELPHIA WARMING STATION (courtesy of Truth, Freedom, Prosperity) on its first day of existence. A group of TFP members (myself included) erected this structure in Thomas Paine Plaza, in front of the Municipal Building, across the street from the current site of Occupy Philly. *As I am posting this video, the police are in the process of evicting all occupiers from Thomas Paine Plaza. For now, the Warming Station will be re-located to Dilworth Plaza...

http://youtu.be/Gq2MhpXRayQ

6 Comments

6 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 0 points by l31sh0p (279) from Sand Fork, WV 12 years ago

Truth, Freedom, Prosperity is a 9/11 Truther organization than believes in a 'private bartering system' (hugs & kisses maybe).

Bribe people with warmth so they will believe in your ideas.

[-] 1 points by Febs (824) from Plymouth Meeting, PA 12 years ago

I am sure there are some people there who are truthers but most I know are not. TFP encompasses a wide swatch of people from in and around the city interested in working together as a community to improve the world.

[-] 1 points by darrenlobo (204) 12 years ago

Now, now, if you're going to use their words do it completely:

Since its inception, our group has been rooted in truth and freedom. We strongly support the principles of truth, individual liberty, personal success, self defense, non-aggression, and true free trade.

We have recognized a moral imperative to imbue the true meaning of individual sovereignty in the hearts and minds of others, to exercise our natural and inherent rights to freedom of expression, and to address issues commonly ignored. Our interests vary as individuals, but as a group we work to address some of, but not limited to, the following:

• INDIVIDUAL SOVEREIGNTY
  • financial & economic freedom
  • private barter systems
  • personal growth / self-improvement
  • revelation of 9/11 truth
  • natural living practices / healthy food
  • alternative energy technologies
  • legalization of nature
  • consciousness / enlightenment

http://www.meetup.com/Truth-Freedom-Prosperity/

The private barter systems idea is just one of many good things they advocate. They're not perfect, but then who is?

[-] -1 points by l31sh0p (279) from Sand Fork, WV 12 years ago

Which is exactly what I said plus more demeaning information. Thanks!

[-] 1 points by darrenlobo (204) 12 years ago

Demeaning? Perhaps the 9/11 truth part is controversial (I'm more of a let-it-happen guy), but the rest? Do you have something against healthy food & freedom?

[-] 0 points by l31sh0p (279) from Sand Fork, WV 12 years ago

Their interests are a talking point bulletin to grab attention; how are you to address consciousness?

Can you hear me? Yes? Success!