Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: #Occupy Midwest Protesters Deface 100 Year-Old St. Louis Memorial to Civil Rights Hero..

Posted 12 years ago on March 21, 2012, 9:23 p.m. EST by F350 (-259)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The far left #Occupy Midwest movement held their regional rally in St. Louis this past weekend. Before they arrived for the “conference” local organizers promised the group would not disrupt the St. Louis community. They lied. On Thursday night the #occupiers opened their conference by clashing with police resulting in 14 arrests. On Saturday they crashed the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtowm St. Louis.

Then on Monday night #Occupy Midwest protesters vandalized the historic Compton Hills Reservoir Park in the city of St. Louis.

The occupiers painted “class war” across the statue’s chest

Grand Old Partisan discovered that the statue “Naked Truth” is a memorial to three German-American Republicans and civil rights heroes: Emil Preetorius, Carl Daenzer and Carl Schurz.

Carl Schurz was a civil rights hero. Co-founder of the Missouri Republican Party, he served as a Union Army general during the Civil War and as ambassador to Spain. He was sent on a fact-finding mission in the postwar South soon after the Confederacy collapsed, and his report shook the nation. Schurz recounting the horrors inflicted by Democrats on the emancipated slaves.

Don’t expect this to make any headlines.

Grand Old Partisan has more.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/occupy-midwest-protesters-deface-st-louis-memorial-to-civil-rights-hero/

9 Comments

9 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Umair (24) 12 years ago

That is the coolest article I ever read! Seriously, this is the greatest reporting I've ever seen. By the way, what exactly was the reason for the economic crisis in 2008? Was it something about not enough regulation or something like that which Republicans want all over again?

Also while you're doing research on what caused the economic crisis, please also research exactly what everybody was saying about capitalism around then because I remember all the SMART people suggesting that maybe there needs to more regulation and not less. No wait. That doesn't make sense. Why would you want more regulation to prevent something that less regulation causes? Using Homer Simpson's logic to make marcoeconomic decisions are we?

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by F350 (-259) 12 years ago

Crickets........crickets.......... deafening silence.

[-] 0 points by TechnicolorYawn (4) from White, NJ 12 years ago

And that is all you'll hear from these DNC operatives.

[-] 0 points by F350 (-259) 12 years ago

Exactly correct.

[+] -4 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 12 years ago

F ound

O n

R oad

D ead

3/4 ton. What is your amazing tale of woe and discontent with those who would fight corruption and return government to the service of the people?

Never Mind.

Just Kidding.

You have nothing to say that means anything.

Sorry to bother your peaceful trolling.

[-] -1 points by TechnicolorYawn (4) from White, NJ 12 years ago

Absolutely amazing! Don't you Obama assholes have anything better to do?

[-] -3 points by F350 (-259) 12 years ago

Wow,did you come up with that all by yourself? I guess Daddies college dollars finally came in handy for once.

[+] -6 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 12 years ago

BTW

Are you what might be considered a Motor Head?

I only ask as that might explain the blue smoke coming out of your ears and the oil drip from your nose.

Blown Head Gasket.

[-] -1 points by F350 (-259) 12 years ago

ADD kick'in in again I see,that explains a lot.