Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr

Forum Post: Occupy Income Tax

Posted 6 years ago on Feb. 23, 2012, 3:51 p.m. EST by twelfthman (0)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The Occupy Movement can lawfully cease funding our oppressors and reform the federal government. The Resistance need only emulate the original Tea Party, patriots who refused to pay an unjust tax. We can do the same today, simply by obeying the law.

The next paragraph will prove, beyond doubt, that there is no law requiring a citizen to have income tax withheld from his/her paycheck. Income tax is a house of cards, built with deceit, lacking a foundation. Remove any card and all fall, along with a government that is dangerously out of control.

Only withholding agents are authorized to withhold tax from a paycheck. The Internal Revenue Code defines a withholding agent at IRC 7701(a)(16) which states, “The term ‘withholding agent' means any person required to deduct and withhold any tax under the provisions of Sections 1441, 1442, 1443 and 1461.” The first three sections concern nonresident aliens and foreign corporations, while 1461 simply makes the agent responsible for monies collected.

The IRS website adds the following; “You may be a withholding agent even if there is no requirement to withhold from a payment,” (i.e. if an employee volunteers to have money withheld.)

This is a law of our land, forthright, not subject to interpretation. An employer is required to withhold income tax from a paycheck only if the employee is a nonresident alien or foreign corporation. A relatively small number of Occupiers can spark a revolution by simply sending the following letter to the IRS and spreading the word.

Dear IRS, As I am neither a nonresident alien nor foreign corporation my employer is not required to withhold income tax from my paycheck (reference IRC 7701(a)(16).
Therefore, since I no longer choose to volunteer, I demand the appropriate form/ instructions, based on the above definition, i.e. the law, which I will convey to my employer to stop having income tax withheld from my paycheck. (Sign, date and witness)



Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by HarryPairatestes2 (380) from Barrow, AK 6 years ago

Ok you try it first. When you are released from prison tell us how it went.

You know you posted a snippet of the tax publication dealing with nonresident alien employees and foreign corporations.

Find the article about withholding requirements for U.S. citizens working in the U.S. and see if it is the same as what you originally posted.

[-] 1 points by SameOldSong (-5) 6 years ago

Your assuming he's not one of the 49.5% paying nothing. That's a big leap. Realistically, he's just cutting off his own transfer payment. LOL.