Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: occupy 2012 missions - new years ocu-lution(resolution)

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 26, 2011, 5:05 p.m. EST by occupyparty (10) from Monroe, NJ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

i have recently got an idea, crazy but im pretty sure it sends a message of the strength of occupy. http://occupytheglobe.webs.com/ is my website, so far the goal is for occupy to launch a weather balloon with a live cam and gpstracker into the troposhpere ( the altitude of planes, or the stratosphere alittle higher where some weather balloons can go before busting and flying down. i dont think i can do it myself but maybe someone sometime will, it should be launched in a open area where it can crash land (because they do crash down) without hurting anyone.
i am looking into the cost of this but i think this would be great for a boost , it is a metaphorical thing as well. but yeah, i would also like to point out another dudes idea of occupy caravan which i have a link to on my site. what do you all think?

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by OccupyTheForestGuy (35) 12 years ago

If there was a way too limit the flight height and cross a few borders, with permission, at a height above regular aircraft flight.... you might be able to "occupythesky" or "occupytheair". I'd get in touch with LiveStream as they have had an enormous, and appreciated, impact supporting OWS already!

You have a great idea to keep the message happening in a new and educational way. I'd try to get as many countries involved as possible with the goal of flying a camera, streaming live video, across as much of the world as possible.

Just another bend to your original idea... A drone over a few Occupy locations would show what the news media won't... ie: the number of people actually attending these Occupations! Choose the locations well, but a bridge, town square or park full of Occupiers is a powerful image

Why not use the technology that some of the corporations have so willingly supplied?

[-] 1 points by occupyparty (10) from Monroe, NJ 12 years ago

good news found a balloon for less than 200 dollars unused ofcourse, and with a Go Pro camera and a gps tracker it shoudl work for less than 1000 dollars.

i also seen some weather balloons on ebay , but like i said im still researching.

im pretty sure the cam ( which i heard gopro HD cam ) can do this, might not make it , but the gps will probably survive. ( as i watched a video when someone did something like this)