Posted 5 years ago on Dec. 17, 2011, 5:42 p.m. EST by TIOUAISE
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Under the NDAA:
• You may be arrested and indefinitely detained merely for being "suspected" of any involvement whatsoever with "terrorism" -- a term that can be twisted to mean almost anything, including protesting against animal testing laboratories or chaining yourself to a tree as an environmental protester.
• You no longer have a right to legal representation.
• You can be held for life without ever being charged for any crime.
• You no longer have a right to a trial by a jury of your peers.
• You can be murdered by the government -- legally! -- without ever being charged with a crime.
• The government does not have to present ANY evidence against you to take all these actions. The government merely has to assert that you are "suspected" of being involved in "terrorism." Such suspicion, of course, could be dreamed up against anyone! Political opponents, Free Speech proponents, protesters, dissenters... anyone at all.