Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Nov. 17th - 30,000 marchers?

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 18, 2011, 3:10 p.m. EST by JR114 (4)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This is a question aimed at the OWS website which is the only website I've seen to publicly announce the turnout as 30,000 people. Every other news organization has either failed to list the amount of marchers, or stood by Bloomberg's quote of "there were far fewer protestors than we had imagined." My question is aimed to find out exactly how the figure of 30,000 was calculated - and if that figure is true, you must get the accurate figures out to the mainstream press in order to inspire the average citizen to your cause. Right now the mainstream media seems to blatanly distort OWS as a violent movement aimed at disruption that is supported by a small group of hooligans.

5 Comments

5 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by JR114 (4) 12 years ago

Instead of saying "do your research" give me a link to the NYPD where myself and others can see that figure

[-] 1 points by Meeky (186) from Los Angeles, CA 12 years ago

Well we can't honestly perform a census at this time now can we?

[-] 0 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

The estimate of 32,650 marchers comes from the NYPD. Do your research :

@jstetser : NYPD police scanner: Police have an estimate of 32,650 protesters on the ground #OWS #n17

[-] 0 points by jay1975 (428) 12 years ago

Who the hell estimates crowds down to 32,650. They would have either said 32,000 or 33,000. This 32,650 number is obviously bogus.

[-] 1 points by Royksopp (89) 12 years ago

Some people are too stupid to even come up with a good lie.