Posted 10 years ago on Oct. 22, 2011, 4:29 p.m. EST by nocasualobserver
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
These goals are for our own application within the organization/movement/cause. Until we embrace these or similar goals and work hard to achieve them, and I know we can, the media and the public at large will marginalize and ignore us. We have to move beyond a state of near anarchy and chaos and into a state of well defined purpose. The ability to organize like this is not the exclusive domain of the elite and powerful. Let’s give proof to that assertion.
1) Develop a clear, concise message – (this is so important!) develop a clear but short message that is easily remembered and quoted that represents the vision of our group. Use it continuously, in public, with the media, anywhere you can be heard. Remain focused and stay on message.
2) Grow the membership – proselytize and invite friends, family, and other like-minded individuals to join us. If they sympathize with us but don't want to join, that's fine. Don't harass or browbeat anyone to join.
3) Continue to protest – make our presence felt and seen as often and widely as possible. Continue to proselytize other groups across the country and globe.
4) Always remain non-violent and non-threatening – continue to apply the non-violent rules of engagement of Ghandi and Martin Luther King, Jr. Do not threaten law enforcement officials; do not even look at them menacingly. Do not taunt law enforcement officials. Engage them in dialog but do not get defensive or angry. Do not resist arrest. If police attack a member of the group, render aid to the member but do not attack the police in retaliation.
5) Ignore distractions/stay on message – Completely ignore the trolls or anyone who even appears to be a troll on the boards. They waste our energy and time and distract us from our mission, which is what they want. Don’t give them any reason to continue to harass us. They will go away when they realize they are not getting any responses. Make zero replies to obvious troll posts our immediate objective. Do not post and ignore any posts that contain personal insults, racial or ethnic slurs, anti-gay, lesbian or trans-gender slurs, anti-semetic, anti-Islam or any other national, religious or cultural slurs. Think what you want but don't put it in words to be made public. There is more that joins us than separates us in this cause.
6) Research and oppose legislation that will further damage the 99% – discover and research legislation that would further harm the balance of power and wealth between the 1% and 99%. This is so important because within congress lies the seat of power for the elites. Although the 1% holds the reigns, it is through our elected officials that they legalize and institutionalize their power and corrupt policies.
7) Research and support legislation that will improve the 99% – Conversely, look for and support legislation that supports our cause and helps bring prosperity, fairness and justice to the multitude.