Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Mail Mob Congress in support of H.R. 1489

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 17, 2011, 8:02 p.m. EST by RDK1974 (0)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

In 1999 Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was passed, ending the separation of commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies. This created our beloved too-big-to-fail financial institutions that crashed our economy, sent millions to unemployment lines, countless people losing there homes and sent trillions of our taxpayer dollars to bail them out due to their recklessness. Well, a bill is in committee that can break up these institutions once again, H.R. 1489: Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011.

H.R. 1489: Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011 repeals certain provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and revive the separation between commercial banking and the securities business, in the manner provided in the Banking Act of 1933, the so-called "Glass-Steagall Act", and for other purposes.

Here's our chance to flex our political mussels as individuals. I would love all of you to support it and make it viral. I would like all to mail post cards and/or holiday cards to our members of congress in support of H.R. 1489: Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011 on Nov. 21, 2011 so when they get back from break they'll have a butt load of mail. If enough mail is sent our pressure will help get this bill out of committees and passed by congress.

Physical mail with a personal message is still stronger than an email or FB post. One can find holiday or greeting cards and postcards at dollar stores. Please join me and others in our quest to start righting the wrongs congress and their lobbyist buddies have bestowed on us.

For more info on H.R. 1489: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-1489

To find out who your congresspeople are: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

0 Comments

0 Comments

Read the Rules