Posted 5 years ago on Nov. 16, 2011, 5:20 p.m. EST by edac
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
- ACCOUNTABILITY: from the leaders of the 2008 fiasco, including – but not limited to -- the CEOs of Mortgage companies, Insurance companies and Financial firms. This will be difficult as much of the malfeasance was technically legal, but these people should be prosecuted even if there is small chance of conviction.
- FINANCE REFORM: For example, a bank should not be able to easily re-sell a mortgage.
- STUDENT LOAN REFORM: get rid of the national scandal of private student loans
- HIGHER EDUCATION FUNDING: let’s join the rest of the first world (and some of the third as well) and provide truly affordable higher education to American citizens – this means much greater subsidies for public universities, subsidies which are targeted specifically to reduce the rates of tuition and fees.
- ELIMINATION OF HEALTH INSURANCE: ….... for Congress, that is! As taxpayers, we are the members of congress are our employees. And we the people did not consent to gold-plated healthcare for congress while we and our children suffer in silence, wondering if this terrible pain in our side will kill us – which would almost be preferable to paying $46,000 for three days in the hospital. Congress can join the rest of the country and find and purchase their own health insurance.
Thanks to the people who host and run this website and thanks to those who participate in this movement peacefully and with generous spirit.