Posted 4 years ago on Sept. 29, 2011, 11:37 p.m. EST by SteveWood
from Porum, OK
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
One simple demand is the way to go in my opinion. This is not original. I've seen it stated in many places in various ways.
"End control of the government by global banks, corporations and billionaires."
This demand implies related actions. A suggested start in terms of tactical action in support of the "one demand" is:
1) Overhaul campaign finance laws and lobbying rules.
2) Require FULL transparency in all dealings between corporations and any member of the government.
3) Support positive legislation proposed by the progressive caucus (Tobin tax, etc. etc.)
4) Re-enact a beefed up Glass-Stegal.
5) Prosecute Joseph Cassano, along with his AIG , Goldman, Fanny, Freddie, etc., etc., co-conspirators. This puts the fear into them.
These actions show a willingness to work within the existing democratic framework established before control was taken from the people by the corrupt and unscrupulous. They are more than enough to light a fire under the GENERAL POPULATION without which the movement has faint hope. Don't complicate the "one demand" with details that can be worked out AFTER government control is returned to the people and the U.S. is once again a democracy.