Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Impeach Obama 2012! Join the National Campaign

Posted 11 years ago on April 15, 2012, 2:25 p.m. EST by riethc (1149)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I'm not a huge Infowars fan, but I approve this message!

Impeach Obama 2012! Join the National Campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76mBlnm86w

220 Comments

220 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 10 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Wars of aggression and bombing countries that didn't attack the USA is not an impeachable offense. Only blow jobs are.

[-] 4 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

My only regret is that I have but one 'like' to give to TrevorMnemonic.

Good comment!

[-] 2 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

Best....comment.....ever. Haha.

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

and wire tapping

the congress intentional made a mockery of the impeachment process

American Dad - Ollie North

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

In-Her-I-Tance!

The bogus wars, the F-ed economy, the 1% plutocracy, the rampant national neglect, the institutional implantation of permanent (GSA-like) Cons, on and on, were inherited from the Bush-Cheney crime family. Statute of limitations expires in 2014!!!! THERE'S STILL TIME!!!!

[-] 3 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

But he INCREASED Afghanistan. He signed off on bombing countries Bush hadn't even fucked with. How can you blame those acts of war on Bush?

BOTH BUSH AND OBAMA ARE WARMONGERS. When you bomb a country that didn't attack us, when you put sanctions on countries that didn't attack us and are not a threat, you are a warmonger.

I'm surprised Obama hasn't appointed someone from Monsanto or Goldman Sachs to head the military. They're already his economic advisers and in the FDA.

[-] -3 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

Read history.

No POTUS can come in and reverse decades of entrenched RW~1% corruption and cronyism in one or even two terms. Open UR eyes. The last one to kinda try it was JFK. Imagine what would happen if that happened to the first black POTUS!!!

Open UR mind. Look at the bigger pic.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/this-earth-day-celebrate-the-occupy-movement-natio/

[-] 4 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Go to an Obama blog if you want to peddle your Obama 2012 support.

This is OWS and we know both parties work for the 1% and war. How many countries has Obama bombed since he took office? The number is higher than Bush. Think about the past 3 years when you're telling people to think about history.

Say not to warmonger presidents that work for corporatism. Say no to Obama and the GOP

Do you like that Michael Taylor from Monsanto was appointed to the FDA by Obama himself? His administration is filled with Goldman Sachs as well.

CORPORATISM

Wall Street's takeover of the Obama administration is now complete. "The mega-banks and their corporate allies control every economic policy position of consequence. Mr. Obama has moved rapidly since the November debacle to install business people where it counts most. Mr.William Daley from JP Morgan Chase as White House Chief of Staff. Mr. Gene Sperling from the Goldman Sachs payroll to be director of the National Economic Council. Eileen Rominger from Goldman Sachs named director of the SEC's Investment Management division. Even the National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon, was executive vice president for law and policy at the disgraced Fannie Mae after serving as a corporate lobbyist with O'Melveny & Roberts. General Electric Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt served as chair of the president's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

But hey, you hate republicans so much you're willing to let everything this democrat does wrong slide and you actually continually praise him like he can't do anything wrong. Good for you. You're falling for the 1%'s trap. DIVIDE AND CONQUER

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

That really shut his ass up :)

[-] 0 points by enough (587) 11 years ago

There are a host of Obama worshipers on this site. They all drank the koolaid and parrot the same talking points. Obama is still swinging the same watch that put these gullible people under his spell. It is a contradiction in terms to be a supporter of #OWS and a supporter of Obama. Always vote out an incumbent when he fails to deliver on his promises and betrays your trust.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

But hey, you hate republicans so much you're willing to let everything this democrat does wrong slide and you actually continually praise him like he can't do anything wrong.

that's because republicans are so convincing

[-] 2 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

No. I don't think the republicans are convincing at all. Romney can't even get his party convinced because he is a robot. The trees were an okay height... at best.

Bombing countries that didn't attack us is wrong. Even when a democrat does it. Also opposing the wars is not something republicans do.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

the congress vote to go to war with Iraq was near unanimous

both parties voted for it

based on a lie about Iraq hiding weapons of mass destruction

that we allowed ourselves to believe

Both parties are pro-war and almost always have been. The whole "if we knew then what we know now" thing... just an excuse to try to not look bad. I was never convinced about Iraq and I was 14 when it all started. I was actually more concerned about North Korea... I was 14 and at the time I think they were making empty threats which is why I thought that way..

Didn't they have a mobile weapons of mass destruction theory? Where it was in some advanced truck that constantly moved the WMD's around which is why they couldn't find them. Or some ridiculous theory like that?

inter continental ballistic missiles carrying nuclear bombs were continuously move around in the US

to avoid letting Russia(the USSR) take them out with their own bombs

In retrospect, that probably wasn't necessary and more dangerous to move about in the first place

but everyone loves a risk taker

really?

hahaha that's an awesome piece of random history

can't say the whole moving rockets wasn't hype

but ya

[-] 2 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

Just goes to prove that the D's & R's are on the same side ........ and it's not on ours.

If you think supporting MIT is going to help OWS, YOU ARE A TROLL!!

[-] 3 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

I have never once said Mitt is a good idea. In fact I have said many times the GOP is bad for America and is part of the problem that caters to the 1%, and that includes "tree height" talking Mittens. The only person to get more money from Goldman Sachs than Obama is going to be Mitt Romney. Romney is literally a tool.

Once again your argument is invalid. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

[-] 2 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 11 years ago

I think the key is to have an aggressive impeachment mechanism in place so that whoever is president will know that the minute he makes the slightest move towards an undeclared war, his posterior will immediately be out of there.

This should also go for presidents who do not do what is necessary to revive the economy, such as passing Glass Steagall along with some kind of New Deal revival.

Don't do the job we hired you for, and you're immediately impeached.

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

I fully agree. And the constitution needs to be amended so the people of each state can recall their congressmen.

[-] 1 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 11 years ago

These days, that makes sense.

[-] -2 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

You're showing up late to the game and bitching about the score. Extremely tiresome.

Okay.

It's funny how people like you will say things like "stop buying Koch products to take down the Kochs." But you keep voting for the same type of people Goldman Sachs and the warmongers support.

Not a perfect world my clueless newbie.

[-] 3 points by hoot (313) 11 years ago

enough of the stupid 1 liners, you are a tool for the 1%.

[-] 0 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

R U a clueless newbie, too?

Or a Troll?

[-] 1 points by enough (587) 11 years ago

I don't care for him either, but he's not the incumbent who over-promised and under-delivered.

If "him" is Obama, I think the guy is great! But if I had his petulant supporters, doing what he's trying to do, against these outlaw Cons, I'd tell you all to fuck off and figure it out for your- dumbass -selves!

[-] 1 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 11 years ago

If we impeach Obama, we get Biden, who would probably be better than either.

In a state of war, we luv the one we're with. Marriage equality ain't too shabby. Cons voting to oppress it.

[Removed]

[-] 2 points by StephenRCasciola (5) 11 years ago

we should be so lucky that he should suffer the same fate as kennedy. the difference was that kennedy really wanted the world to be a better place, and supported decades of tradition and the american way of life. Obama just wants to sell us off piece by piece to the highest bidders until there is nothing left.

We should all NOT be soooo trollie as U!

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by mvjobless (370) 11 years ago

Okay then, so what is there to do? While Obama might be being threatened by the generals if he doesn't do what they want, then what? If he had been more on the side of the "people", enough energy could have been mustered to overthrow the generals by getting rid of their mouthpieces in Congress. Now, the more time that passes, the more power these generals are accruing and before you know it they'll be taking out dissenters on american soil with their drones, you know, like all the innocents they are killing in Afghanistan with drones.

The truth is Obama came into office green behind the ears and he still is; which is why he naively surrounded himself with experienced (criminals) people.

Try to name a Republicon who is "more on the side of the 'people'" than Obama.

Try to name a President less competent than W and Raygun.

Try to name a democratic electorate which votes less than Americans.

We have the government we vote for.

[-] 3 points by mvjobless (370) 11 years ago

You're not gonna like this and it's hard for me to say, because Dick was a son of a bitch, but Nixon actually was a republican who was "more on the side of the people" when he tried to get universal health care through his administration, the EPA was created under his administration and some other things that don't come to mind at the moment. I would have to say that Obama leans more right than Nixon ever did. And Watergate would certainly cast Nixon as finally incompetent, though he did get some shit done.

You're right. Every politician in DC was put there by us whether the vote was stolen or not. They are a reflection of just how ignorant US society has become.

they are reflection of a two party entrenched oligarchical system

[-] 1 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

Nixon had a big New World Order agenda. So being part of a Con political mindset that still accepted compromise (domestic niceties), didn't bother him. It's long gone today. Dems still do it and, acting unilaterally, they suffer for it.

[-] 2 points by brightonsage (4494) 11 years ago

If you insist on asking these tough questions, I'm never going to win.

Let's change from"Not so Trivial Pursuit" to something easy, like "Slap Jack", or "Go Fish"

Will Rogers said, "It's a good thing we don't get all of the government we pay for." His mistake was going for quantity when he should have been going for quality. Baloney was $0.19 a pound when steak was $1.25.

[-] 2 points by hoot (313) 11 years ago
  1. Ron paul Rand Paul, (if you still want to consider him a rep then Gary Johnson)

2. I would say pbama is just as bad as w and reagan

3. i dont really understand this last one someone who votes less than americans, what does that mean? do you mean someone who physically votes less times then americans?

you were brainwashed to love the left and hate the right, you are a lost cause until you get out of the left right paradigm

And... U R a lost Troll!!

our lives are more controlled by the corporate structures

than the governments

where we work, what we buy, money for the property owners

i would agree with you but those corporate structures are 110% supported by our government

National Election should be holidays

[-] 3 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

The trolls are at it again ... too funny!

[-] 1 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

Did you follow the link?

[-] 3 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

I would impeach them all. STart fresh.

But the will from the public isnt there, so Im simply still dreaming of an engaged, informed public.

[-] -1 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

Are you not part of the public?

[-] 2 points by bensdad (8977) 11 years ago

Obama's #26 - #50
I know you hate them all

26 Improved Food Safety System: In 2011, signed FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which boosts the Food and Drug Administration’s budget by $1.4 billion and expands its regulatory responsibilities to include increasing number of food inspections, issuing direct food recalls, and reviewing the current food safety practices of countries importing products into America.

27 Achieved New START Treaty: Signed with Russia (2010) and won ratification in Congress (2011) of treaty that limits each country to 1,550 strategic warheads (down from 2,200) and 700 launchers (down from more than 1,400), and reestablished and strengthened a monitoring and transparency program that had lapsed in 2009, through which each country can monitor the other.

28 Expanded National Service: Signed Serve America Act in 2009, which authorized a tripling of the size of AmeriCorps. Program grew 13 percent to 85,000 members across the country by 2012, when new House GOP majority refused to appropriate more funds for further expansion.

29 Expanded Wilderness and Watershed Protection: Signed Omnibus Public Lands Management Act (2009), which designated more than 2 million acres as wilderness, created thousands of miles of recreational and historic trails, and protected more than 1,000 miles of rivers.

30 Gave the FDA Power to Regulate Tobacco: Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (2009). Nine years in the making and long resisted by the tobacco industry, the law mandates that tobacco manufacturers disclose all ingredients, obtain FDA approval for new tobacco products, and expand the size and prominence of cigarette warning labels, and bans the sale of misleadingly labeled “light” cigarette brands and tobacco sponsorship of entertainment events.

31 Pushed Federal Agencies to Be Green Leaders: Issued executive order in 2009 requiring all federal agencies to make plans to soften their environmental impacts by 2020. Goals include 30 percent reduction in fleet gasoline use, 26 percent boost in water efficiency, and sustainability requirements for 95 percent of all federal contracts. Because federal government is the country’s single biggest purchaser of goods and services, likely to have ripple effects throughout the economy for years to come.

32 Passed Fair Sentencing Act: Signed 2010 legislation that reduces sentencing disparity between crack versus powder cocaine possessionfrom100 to1 to 18 to1.

33 Trimmed and Reoriented Missile Defense: Cut the Reagan-era “Star Wars” missile defense budget, saving $1.4 billion in 2010, and canceled plans to station antiballistic missile systems in Poland and the Czech Republic in favor of sea-based defense plan focused on Iran and North Korea.

34 Began Post-Post-9/11 Military Builddown: After winning agreement from congressional Republicans and Democrats in summer 2011 budget deal to reduce projected defense spending by $450 billion, proposed new DoD budget this year with cuts of that size and a new national defense strategy that would shrink ground forces from 570,000 to 490,000 over the next ten years while increasing programs in intelligence gathering and cyberwarfare.

1. Let Space Shuttle Die and Killed Planned Moon Mission: Allowed the expensive ($1 billion per launch), badly designed, dangerous shuttle program to make its final launch on July 8, 2011. Cut off funding for even more bloated and problem-plagued Bush-era Constellation program to build moon base in favor of support for private-sector low-earth orbit ventures, research on new rocket technologies for long-distance manned flight missions, and unmanned space exploration, including the largest interplanetary rover ever launched, which will investigate Mars’s potential to support life.

36 Invested Heavily in Renewable Technology: As part of the 2009 stimulus, invested $90 billion, more than any previous administration, in research on smart grids, energy efficiency, electric cars, renewable electricity generation, cleaner coal, and biofuels.

37 Crafting Next-Generation School Tests: Devoted $330 million in stimulus money to pay two consortia of states and universities to create competing versions of new K-12 student performance tests based on latest psychometric research. New tests could transform the learning environment in vast majority of public school classrooms beginning in 2014.

38 Cracked Down on Bad For-Profit Colleges: In effort to fight predatory practices of some for-profit colleges, Department of Education issued “gainful employment” regulations in 2011 cutting off commercially focused schools from federal student aid funding if more than 35 percent of former students aren’t paying off their loans and/or if the average former student spends more than 12 percent of his or her total earnings servicing student loans.

39 Improved School Nutrition: In coordination with Michelle Obama, signed Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act in 2010 mandating $4.5 billion spending boost and higher nutritional and health standards for school lunches. New rules based on the law, released in January, double the amount of fruits and vegetables and require only whole grains in food served to students.

40 Expanded Hate Crimes Protections: Signed Hate Crimes Prevention Act (2009), which expands existing hate crime protections to include crimes based on a victim’s sexual orientation, gender, or disability, in addition to race, color, religion, or national origin.

41 Avoided Scandal: As of November 2011, served longer than any president in decades without a scandal, as measured by the appearance of the word “scandal” (or lack thereof) on the front page of the Washington Post.

42 Brokered Agreement for Speedy Compensation to Victims of Gulf Oil Spill: Though lacking statutory power to compel British Petroleum to act, used moral authority of his office to convince oil company to agree in 2010 to a $20 billion fund to compensate victims of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico; $6.5 billion already paid out without lawsuits. By comparison, it took nearly two decades for plaintiffs in the Exxon Valdez Alaska oil spill case to receive $1.3 billion.

43 Created Recovery.gov: Web site run by independent board of inspectors general looking for fraud and abuse in stimulus spending, provides public with detailed information on every contract funded by $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Thanks partly to this transparency, board has uncovered very little fraud, and Web site has become national model: “The stimulus has done more to promote transparency at almost all levels of government than any piece of legislation in recent memory,” reports Governing magazine.

44 Pushed Broadband Coverage: Proposed and obtained in 2011 Federal Communications Commission approval for a shift of $8 billion in subsidies away from landlines and toward broadband Internet for lower-income rural families.

45 Expanded Health Coverage for Children: Signed 2009 Children’s Health Insurance Authorization Act, which allows the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to cover health care for 4 million more children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.

46 Recognized the Dangers of Carbon Dioxide: In 2009, EPA declared carbon dioxide a pollutant, allowing the agency to regulate its production.

47 Expanded Stem Cell Research: In 2009, eliminated the Bush-era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research, which shows promise in treating spinal injuries, among many other areas.

48 Provided Payment to Wronged Minority Farmers: In 2009, signed Claims Resolution Act, which provided $4.6 billion in funding for a legal settlement with black and Native American farmers who the government cheated out of loans and natural resource royalties in years past.

49 Helped South Sudan Declare Independence: Helped South Sudan Declare Independence: Appointed two envoys to Sudan and personally attended a special UN meeting on the area. Through U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, helped negotiate a peaceful split in 2011.

50 Killed the F-22: In 2009, ended further purchases of Lockheed Martin single-seat, twin-engine, fighter aircraft, which cost $358 million apiece. Though the military had 187 built, the plane has never flown a single combat mission. Eliminating it saved $4 billion.

"Let Space Shuttle Die and Killed Planned Moon Mission: Allowed the expensive ($1 billion per launch), badly designed, dangerous shuttle program to make its final launch on July 8, 2011. Cut off funding for even more bloated and problem-plagued Bush-era Constellation program to build moon base in favor of support for private-sector low-earth orbit ventures, research on new rocket technologies for long-distance manned flight missions, and unmanned space exploration, including the largest interplanetary rover ever launched, which will investigate Mars’s potential to support life."

Are you kidding me? The end of manned space missions is a horrible thing!

"27 Achieved New START Treaty: Signed with Russia (2010) and won ratification in Congress (2011) of treaty that limits each country to 1,550 strategic warheads (down from 2,200) and 700 launchers (down from more than 1,400), and reestablished and strengthened a monitoring and transparency program that had lapsed in 2009, through which each country can monitor the other."

That was more Hillary Clinton and now it is going by the wayside anyway, since the Russians actually see the game the NATO powers are playing to topple regimes.

"34 Began Post-Post-9/11 Military Builddown: After winning agreement from congressional Republicans and Democrats in summer 2011 budget deal to reduce projected defense spending by $450 billion, proposed new DoD budget this year with cuts of that size and a new national defense strategy that would shrink ground forces from 570,000 to 490,000 over the next ten years while increasing programs in intelligence gathering and cyberwarfare."

That was cut because of (a) the raping of the treasury and destruction of the economy by the banks and the bailouts and (b) the new type of warfare which uses drones, mercenaries and cyberwarfare.

Many of these things are just what he did, not good things that he did.

First I have to find out what you are going to replace Obamacare with? And where do we get the $7,000 to pay for the premium that the voucher doesn't cover?

The designer of Ryan's proposal now says it won't work. Of course we all knew that, didn't we?

Then of course we need to know who you are going to replace Obama with? And could you sort of etch a sketch the details of his policies?

[-] 0 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

Next step in the Glass-Steagall Act and then a return to National Banking. This would take demands from the people and patriotic government officials.

Having GSA is a step in the right direction however, it was under assault in that the derivatives were being created (which the original GSA did not anticipate nor deal with) so the Ponzi scheme was happening. If you want to contribute to the perfect storm you should overload the boat before the storm comes.

There is no indication that a frenzy of responsible or patriotic behavior is likely to break out any time soon in the financial community.

There would have been no "Too Big Too Fail" banks if it weren't for the removal of the firewall between commercial and speculative banking, aka. the take-down of the Glass-Steagall Act. Under a reinstatement, the speculative areas would have to take their loses in derivatives while the commercial area would be secured from contagion.

There was no "perfect storm". This was all foreseeable.

Well, I was opposed to Glass-Steagal being replaced by Graham-Leach-Bliley but please remember that the biggest purveyor of credit default swaps was AIG. Last time I checked they aren't/weren't a bank. There were other factors involved, e.g. the Fed refusing to do the regulation they were specifically authorized to do, the CFTC, with the Enron Rule etc. and the Office of the Currency preempting the state regulators of mortgage initiators, appraisers, etc.

So, I would submit that limiting reform to just G-S is over simplification.

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Great little story on CDS's http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/09/26/the-monster-that-ate-wall-street.html

Unreal, another financial disaster made under teh Clinton era.

[-] 3 points by brightonsage (4494) 11 years ago

He had a lot of help, Graham, for instance.

I wasn't talking about limiting reform to just Glass-Steagall. That is preposterous! G-S is the weapon to end banker takeover. After that a number of reforms will have to go in place, including the Fed being fully nationalized and brought under control of Congress and the treasury.

OK, then why wouldn't comprehensive reform include all of it at once? Step wise approaches are apt to leave empty spaces unaddressed. Putting the Fed under the Congress and the Treasury will be acceptable when people can have confidence that the Central Bank won't be a political football..

[-] 2 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

Glass-Steagall has to come first as a flank to the finance lobbyists. Essentially we need a G-S and a banking holiday to sort out all of the toxic paper from the good. More reforms, whether they come at the same time or a little bit after, will become obvious to those dealing with the reality of a post-reinstated-G-S world.

IMHO if you have the juice to do G-S you have it to deal with the whole problem/solution. You can't afford to leave a wheel off of the bus.

Frankly, you can't do any of it until we get the money out.

Whatever your point is about "get the money out"; I'm guessing overturning corporate personhood or the SuperPACs, or whatever; but there is simply no time for incremental reform like this. At a time like this you have to flip the chessboard over.

[-] 1 points by brightonsage (4494) 11 years ago

Sometimes those chessboards can get pretty heavy.

As the current "way of doing things" loses more and more credibility by the day, the chessboard will only get lighter

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Very much so. This needs to be repeated and top posted.

[-] -1 points by afarmer (65) 11 years ago

"The GSA, however, was considered harsh by most in the financial community, and it was reported that even Glass himself moved to repeal the GSA shortly after it was passed, claiming it was an overreaction to the crisis."

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/071603.asp#ixzz1tsNNA06h

[-] 5 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

And yet, it gave us 7 decades of relative stability in our financial sector. We repealed it, and just as a few lonely voices in congress at the time predicted, our financial system came crashing down. You know what they say, if you get fooled once, shame on them ... etc. etc.

[-] 1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

Spot On !! This interview give further insight:

John Reed on Big Banks’ Power and Influence

Bill Moyers talks with former Citigroup Chairman John Reed about his role in bringing down the Glass-Steagall Act.

http://billmoyers.com/segment/john-reed-on-big-banks-power-and-influence/

[-] 2 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

I see this report, one of the greatest reports (perhaps the greatest report on this particular issue) ever. Moyers is a gift to journalism, very few like him unfortunately.

Exactly. Don't forget tehy made credit default swaps legal in 1994 also.

CDS- 1994 GS Repeal- 1999 Commodities Act- 2000 Bush Ownership Society- Flood the markets with cheap money Crash-2007

[-] 3 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

In 99 they finished off all the remaining barriers between investment/commercial banks, pushed Brooksley Born out of the CFTC, while the President was basically swimming with the sharks (Greenspan, Rubin, I think Geitner worked under Rubin ... more like a Citicorp boardroom).

This webpage is a perfect example of modern financial speculation: Rape the population, serve the speculators: Why The Greek Stock Market is Up: http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0512/Why-The-Greek-Stock-Market-Is-Up.aspx#axzz1tsmwrpll

You do realize you are using a financial speculation webpage to tell you about a law that would essentially eliminate all the major institutions that are currently speculating, correct?

[-] 1 points by afarmer (65) 11 years ago

riethc, I'm not going to pretend to know a lot banking laws, I just find that when corruption runs a muck, people demand for change in laws....Sometimes, it leads to unintended consequences. How did Rahm Emanuel put it, "Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."

Here's the unintended consequences of the Civil Rights Act - (LBJ and the Dixiecrats hated black schools, because they were mostly republican in nature (republicanism). As Senator, LBJ (and Al Gore's dad) led the assault against Civil Rights legislation during the Eisenhower Admin, but when LBJ became Pres, he changed his tune and got all the credit.

"While black parents welcomed integration, they had hoped for a merger of black and white schools. Instead, they witnessed the destruction of black schools and the erasure of the culture, community and closeness that the schools had created. Their children marched off to white schools where they experienced hostility and were tracked into lower-level classes. In his research, Buck found many examples of where even new facilities that had housed black schools were abandoned because white parents weren’t willing to send their kids to black schools."

"Acting White", by AJC (liberal paper): http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-blog/2010/02/27/in-school-integration-black-schools-and-communties-fell-to-the-wayside/

Glass-Steagall is a law that should have never been removed in the first place.

Yes. IF any of these Demcrats had any real balls they would put this entire thing back on the table...

[-] 2 points by StephenRCasciola (5) 11 years ago

yes, and lets do it now, otherwise, if we wait to just "vote him out", he still gets paid retirement, forever. let him have what he left for all of us. NOTHING AT ALL.

Don't want a traitor collecting gov't checks, now do we? :)

congress should not be declaring war

I was extreme disappointed we they vote near unanimity to go to war with Iraq

I hear you, but neither should the president.

[-] 2 points by bensdad (8977) 11 years ago

I would try to impeach him after Bush & Cheney & Rummy are convicted of war crimes in a US court.

Obama and friends has acted even more unlawfully than the Bush crowd. People need to know the Constitution.

[-] 2 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

He won't be impeached, of course, although he does deserve it. Remember Clinton?

Clinton didn't violate the Constitution like Obama, he lied about getting a BJ. Not even remotely similar.

how soon do we forget clinton's war in yugoslavia (without congressional approval)

http://www.usasurvival.org/kosovowar.html

I was pretty young at the time and don't know much about it. Thanks for the link!

[-] 1 points by hoot (313) 11 years ago

no problem, i was very young at the time too, just found out about it this past summer.

Ah! There is a difference there. Clinton went to Congress after the 60-day period provided by the War Powers Act. Obama did not.

didn't know that thanks for the correction

San Diego just had the BBC(Bristish Broadcast) on the Midway getting hyper over fighter planes

what does this have to do with clintons war?

same planes

Very good point. I hadn't made that connection, although basically I meant, if they didn't throw Clinton out, they (probably) won't be throwing Obama out, either.

A democratic majority congress didn't even impeach Bush. When it comes to the wars... the republicans and democrats are in cahoots. This is why you will never see either side impeached or punished for war crimes. Any time you hear a disagreement... it's all for show to continue that game of divide and conquer.

I agree. It won't happen. But if a petition comes around, I'd probably sign it anyway.

That's the kind pessimism that turns advance into retreat, my friend.

More realism than pessimism. However, I just read that infowars piece. Comparing his situation to Clinton's was apples and oranges. I bookmarked it so I can watch the clip tomorrow. I'm on board, regardless of how it turns out. Thanks for responding, otherwise it would've got lost in the shuffle and I wouldn't have paid it a second thought.

I'm glad to have brought it to your attention. :)

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

You know how it is. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself to get someone's attention. Hated Clinton. Would be glad to see Obama (and as many of his cronies as possible) drawn and quartered. Is that one of our options? It should be. Thanks again.

[-] 1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

Wouldn't Bush be a better comparison?

clinton waged war without congressional approval and therefore is a better example than bush. although bushes wars were waged on false information he still managed to get congressional approval. When clinton used nato to bomb yugoslavia there was no congressional approval, http://www.usasurvival.org/kosovowar.html

Just like Bush with Pakistan. Or Obama with Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Somolia.

[-] 1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

so your point is that Clinton was a bigger warmonger than Bush? just want to make sure that is what you are saying, congress does quite a bit a don't agree with, for now what about the wars

im just pointing out that clinton was a fine comparison, i'm not saying either was a bigger warmonger, this isn't a contest, they were both warmongers as is Obama

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

Comparing Clinton to Bush is a fine thing to do, even thinking about what Gore would have done that Bush didn't and vice versa can be very useful, I don't think Gore would have gone golfing the day after "The Memo" but maybe, drilling in Alaska diffidently not, more pro active stance on climate change for sure, as a matter of fact that war is pretty much lost now, I see no chance since Nader/Bush beat Gore.

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

Yeah. Trevor pointed that out, too. See what happens when you opt of the political process (as per my comment to you on yesterday's thread)? I've got a lot of catching up to do, eh?

[-] 2 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

Maybe reading a few papers before taking the streets would be a good ideal, you wouldn't want to end up on the wrong one and end up in a TEA party rally.

Heh heh. That's worth a 'like.' I'm trying to expunge Georgie from my brain. I'm really trying. Just looking at a photo of that vapid expression makes me want to puke.

[-] 1 points by hotdoghenry (268) 11 years ago

Clinton was impeached for perjury. He lied under oath as a sitting President, violating the civil rights of another US citizen that happened to be a woman.

But the far left is ok with saying that he lied about a BJ. The arrogance of the left know no bounds.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Sounds like he lied about having sexual relations with Lewinsky, which, yes, happened to be a woman. Granted, all presidents should be held to higher standards than we currently have for them, yet the idea that Obama can get away with violating the Constitution while Clinton can be impeached for lying about a personal issue just shows the absurdity of the standards of these times.

[-] 1 points by takim (23) 11 years ago

clinton was impeached for lying,......it's called perjury.

True, but what is that in relation to the wars in Syria and Libya?

And Iraq, and Afghanistan? Then there was torture? More fun to lie about really bad things.

[-] 1 points by sato (148) 11 years ago

Remember these? THE OBAMA CHRONICLES: “I promise 100% transparency in my administration.”. “I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”. “I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”. “I will remove earmarks from PORK projects before I sign any bill.”. “I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”. "I will bring ALL of our troops home within ONE year." “I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”. “I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration." "I'll close Guantanamo." "I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years." "I'll unite the people of this great country."

Impeach them all. Remove party tags. Start over.

Attorney General, Eric Holder, might get impeach if he's held in content of Congress, Obama might be next(?)*

DOJ Gun Running, "Fast and Furious" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5m6lhwOT60

"The chairman of the House's chief investigative committee today threatened Attorney General Eric Holder with contempt of Congress if he failed to provide additional documents in the panel's ongoing inquiry into allegations that federal agents allowed hundreds of weapons to flow to Mexico and into the hands of drug cartel enforcers." http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/01/issa-threatens-holder-with-contempt-over-mexico-gun-probe/1#.T6NhNJjkaSo

That's good news!

[-] 1 points by Neuwurldodr (744) 11 years ago

So, you impeach Obama....please tell us who will replace him and what guarantees will there be that peace will reign? When has there ever been peace inside or outside of this country?
Don't you think this is a bit too little too late? Bush invaded, now you expect Obama to be a totally different type of Commander in Chief....yes, read my lips (if you can) Commander in Chief, that means, all military, police states rights and anything else that has to do with the sentinels of this nation and globally for this country, including anyone who thinks anarchy will reign free!!. You think all this will go away because you all impeach Obama? Get real, if Obama isn't re-elected, I would bet all my properties on the fact that WORLD WAR III will definitely be at everyone's doorstep. Oh Naiive, amnesiac children that you all are!!! You all make me chuckle!!!

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

we could stop dropping bombs today

Sure, and now everyone can say the world is "hunky dory" and will be a better place to live!! So while you're at it, don't forget to go to North Korea, South Korea, China, India, Iran, Irag, Syria, All of Africa, Oh and don't forget Israel....get those guys on board with this 'STOP THE BOMBING CAMPAIGN!!! Now, if the good ole US of A stops, so should everyone else....RIGHT???? Guffaw!!!!

I'm still laughing people!!!

Now tell me honestly....what is the real reason you all want Obama impeached.....hm.m.m.m.m.m.m????

we could stop selling weapons abroad

I'm behind that 100%, but we must realize....everyone has a bomb and nuclear weapons capabilities. Can't continue to police the whole globe anymore... Everything is out of control.

Obama is the kind of hypocrite the NWO needs to take the USA down a path to hell. He's an obstacle to reform.

Yet, no one seems to understand....at what price will these reforms come. All empires rise and fall.
Why in the hell does anyone think this one is any different? Reforms are dictated by time cycles. This cycle age is over and a new one is on the horizon. Yet, most of the posters on here still have the same old mentality and believe this same system, the very one that enslaves can be rewritten. It cannot! Out of the ashes rise the phoenix bird.

The whole cyclical myth will doom you.

[-] 0 points by Neuwurldodr (744) 11 years ago

No worse than the European invasion on these shores I bet ya!!

Your beliefs are based quasi-fascist in myths.

So is your government idiot!! You are clueless in cyberspace!!!

Now, do you want to deal with myths or reality? The founding fathers knew this country was already inhabited and it was not by "Indians". I feel sorry for you schleps who think you are actually defending some great heroic way of life that began this alleged "great" nation. In reality this greatness was already here, and just like all other global conquests, your founding fathers butchered nations to achieve what it is they make their sniveling offspring believe they had a right to have! Now, prove otherwise, and I will get off this forum and eat my hat!!!

Sorry, but the reality is this nation was baptized in blood, and that is the foundation for its demise.

Where's the Love and Peace?

Plenty of evils were committed in the Americas, but there was integration as well.

The colonists and Native American tribes were put in a tough spot, especially with the Jesuits running around and the general competition between Europeans. It's not as black and white as people would assume it to be.

You are absolutely right since those are the myths created by the conquistadors of all European nations that came here. The people of the USA fail to understand, there is no such thing as black or white people...never was, and still never is except in the recesses of racism! Integration? Integration is as phony as the labels put upon the Nations of people of the earth! You act as if that is something people should be grateful for, like they or you all are doing them a favor? Oh heavenly father....thou art such a blessing on their poor souls!! Puh..leeze....spare me the bull shyt!!!

Now we see why global collapse is a result of this crap. Ill gotten, illegal gains!!

In the USA there are plenty of people with Native American blood in them. Also, there are plenty of tribes that still exist to this day. But granted, it's not been a fair integration and there was much bloodshed on both sides, but acting as if it was some borg-like force came over area of North America where the USA is and decimated the Native Americans without concerns being made for them time and time again, is untrue. It is more complex than the situation where colonists/Americans were always bad and Native Americans were always good.

[-] 0 points by Neuwurldodr (744) 11 years ago

I would rather look at this world for what it truly is.....The reality of the failure of human nature and mankind to come to grips with its own greed and hypocrisy! So Puh-leeze....have fun living in your atmosphere of amnesia gas and go sell you BS elsewhere, like Mars!!!

[-] 1 points by Dgoerz (20) 11 years ago

I'm in

[-] 1 points by Spring12 (25) 11 years ago

Ya I see it, but if we had boots on the ground in Libya they were not conventional forces like army or Marines. The president does not need premission to deploy unconventional forces like SEALS, Green Berrets, Airforce PJ's, Marine Force Recon, CIA para military or the 75th Rangers.

Exactly what will he be impeached for, Libya does not count.

Follow the link.

And Libya does count, but that's just one reason.

Ya I see it, but if we had boots on the ground in Libya they were not conventional forces like army or Marines. The president does not need premission to deploy unconventional forces like SEALS, Green Berrets, Airforce PJ's, Marine Force Recon, CIA para military or the 75th Rangers.

The War Powers Act allows sixty days for the President to deploy US forces, to go in and then pull-out. Obama went past the sixty days and did not go to Congress to get their declaration of war. He basically set-up a prescient where the President doesn't have to go to Congress to declare war.

That's why Walter Jones declaration is so important. It reasserts Congress' power to declare, or not declare, war.

Again I am talking about unconventional forces, he does not need permission to deploy them. While I hate Obama to, unless concentional forces were dployed he cant be tovhed on this.

You're running with the Obama administration's line of argument. Dropping bombs and firing missiles into a nation constitutes war.

We didn't fly any sorties or one tomahawk cruise missile into Libya, it was Framce that too kshe lead on that. We just provided some recon coordinates for their strikes.

Even if I believed that, how does reconnaissance, for military means, not constitute an act of war?

[-] 2 points by Spring12 (25) 11 years ago

Plus exactly what do you think happened

[-] -1 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

It's obvious that the forces involved were trained and then supported by the West to take-down Gaddafi. It's the same operation that is currently running in Syria.

[-] 2 points by Spring12 (25) 11 years ago

where exactly are you gettng this info from

[-] 1 points by craigdangit (326) 11 years ago

So, if Chinese spies came here, and told Russia where key targets were, and Russia fired missiles and dropped bombs on Manhattan, this is not an act of war? Okay, cool.

This is a start.

Syria: 'bomb attacks' in Damascus - Friday 23 December 2011: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/dec/23/syria-egypt-yemen-protests-live-updates

Leaked Email: Pentagon Admits Plan To Direct Terror Attacks Inside Syria: http://theintelhub.com/2012/03/07/leaked-email-pentagon-admits-plan-to-direct-terror-attacks-inside-syria/

If you pay enough attention and use your head, it's obvious. Look, it's admitted that even Al Qaeda is involved in Syria: How about that for a conspiracy?

If you want me to find some articles on it, you are going to have to give me a few minutes, because to me, honestly, this is old news.

As in satelite photos not like drone or airforce ground reconnaissance. So it is considered intelligence.

[-] -1 points by craigdangit (326) 11 years ago

Not if a Democrat does it!

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of Obamabots think.

I'm downvoting that post! That hit a nerve!

lol Are you being a poe?

[-] 1 points by JIFFYSQUID92 (-994) from Portland, OR 11 years ago

Not going to do your WWW surfing anymore.

The Incomplete Greatness of Barack Obama

He’s gotten more done in three years than any president in decades. Too bad the American public still thinks he hasn’t accomplished anything. 

What has a Republicon done recently for the 99%? No, redistributing their wealth to the top 1% Plutocrats does not count!

(Also check out the main article, The Incomplete Greatness of Barack Obama, and the issue’s Editor’s Note.)

1. Passed Health Care Reform: After five presidents over a century failed to create universal health insurance, signed the Affordable Care Act (2010). It will cover 32 million uninsured Americans beginning in 2014 and mandates a suite of experimental measures to cut health care cost growth, the number one cause of America’s long-term fiscal problems.

2. Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession since the Great Depression. Weeks after stimulus went into effect, unemployment claims began to subside. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.

3. Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.

4. Ended the War in Iraq: Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.

5. Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan: From a peak of 101,000 troops in June 2011, U.S. forces are now down to 91,000, with 23,000 slated to leave by the end of summer 2012. According to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, the combat mission there will be over by next year.

6. Eliminated Osama bin laden: In 2011, ordered special forces raid of secret compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in which the terrorist leader was killed and a trove of al-Qaeda documents was discovered.

7. Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring. Since bottoming out in 2009, the auto industry has added more than 100,000 jobs. In 2011, the Big Three automakers all gained market share for the first time in two decades. The government expects to lose $16 billion of its investment, less if the price of the GM stock it still owns increases.

8. Recapitalized Banks: In the midst of financial crisis, approved controversial Treasury Department plan to lure private capital into the country’s largest banks via “stress tests” of their balance sheets and a public-private fund to buy their “toxic” assets. Got banks back on their feet at essentially zero cost to the government.

9. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”: Ended 1990s-era restriction and formalized new policy allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military for the first time.

10. Toppled Moammar Gaddafi: In March 2011, joined a coalition of European and Arab governments in military action, including air power and naval blockade, against Gaddafi regime to defend Libyan civilians and support rebel troops. Gaddafi’s forty-two-year rule ended when the dictator was overthrown and killed by rebels on October 20, 2011. No American lives were lost.

11. Told Mubarak to Go: On February 1, 2011, publicly called on Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to accept reform or step down, thus weakening the dictator’s position and putting America on the right side of the Arab Spring. Mubarak ended thirty-year rule when overthrown on February 11.

12. Reversed Bush Torture Policies: Two days after taking office, nullified Bush-era rulings that had allowed detainees in U.S. custody to undergo certain “enhanced” interrogation techniques considered inhumane under the Geneva Conventions. Also released the secret Bush legal rulings supporting the use of these techniques.

13. Improved America’s Image Abroad: With new policies, diplomacy, and rhetoric, reversed a sharp decline in world opinion toward the U.S. (and the corresponding loss of “soft power”) during the Bush years. From 2008 to 2011, favorable opinion toward the United States rose in ten of fifteen countries surveyed by the Pew Global Attitudes Project, with an average increase of 26 percent.

14. Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending: As part of the 2010 health care reform bill, signed measure ending the wasteful decades-old practice of subsidizing banks to provide college loans. Starting July 2010 all students began getting their federal student loans directly from the federal government. Treasury will save $67 billion over ten years, $36 billion of which will go to expanding Pell Grants to lower-income students.

15. Created Race to the Top: With funds from stimulus, started $4.35 billion program of competitive grants to encourage and reward states for education reform.

16. Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards: Released new fuel efficiency standards in 2011 that will nearly double the fuel economy for cars and trucks by 2025.

17. Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis: To keep world economy out of recession in 2009 and 2010, helped secure from G-20 nations more than $500 billion for the IMF to provide lines of credit and other support to emerging market countries, which kept them liquid and avoided crises with their currencies.

18. Passed Mini Stimuli: To help families hurt by the recession and spur the economy as stimulus spending declined, signed series of measures (July 22, 2010; December 17, 2010; December 23, 2011) to extend unemployment insurance and cut payroll taxes.

19. Began Asia “Pivot”: In 2011, reoriented American military and diplomatic priorities and focus from the Middle East and Europe to the Asian-Pacific region. Executed multipronged strategy of positively engaging China while reasserting U.S. leadership in the region by increasing American military presence and crafting new commercial, diplomatic, and military alliances with neighboring countries made uncomfortable by recent Chinese behavior.

20. Increased Support for Veterans: With so many soldiers coming home from Iraq and Iran with serious physical and mental health problems, yet facing long waits for services, increased 2010 Department of Veterans Affairs budget by 16 percent and 2011 budget by 10 percent. Also signed new GI bill offering $78 billion in tuition assistance over a decade, and provided multiple tax credits to encourage businesses to hire veterans.

21. Tightened Sanctions on Iran: In effort to deter Iran’s nuclear program, signed Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act (2010) to punish firms and individuals who aid Iran’s petroleum sector. In late 2011 and early 2012, coordinated with other major Western powers to impose sanctions aimed at Iran’s banks and with Japan, South Korea, and China to shift their oil purchases away from Iran. CONTINUED: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035755.php

[-] 2 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Thanks Jiffy. Since when did OWS become a hate Obama fest? That is really whacko, I mean Whacko! That's after the Ron Paul guys spent months trying to make converts here. Hey, I got an idea, why don't the neo-cons just get their fucking asses off this forum?

While I don't support Ron Paul for president, he is not a neo-con. He's of the Austrian School, which is entirely different kind of crazy.

Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld... now those are neo-cons

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Yes, you are right there, but they are all crazy.

[-] 0 points by craigdangit (326) 11 years ago

We are a "hate the racist 1% establishment" fest, and always have been. Anyone who does not see Obama as part of that is a pathetic sheep.

We Must Be Doing Something RIGHT!

Have you ever gone on their sites? has anyone? CREEPY!

stop with the 1% propaganda, your worse than bush supporters back in 04

The short version of what your saying hes done is got rid of our right to choose given money to certain corporations and stuck Ameicas foot farther in the arse of the rest of the world HE'S A FASCIST HE'S PART OF THE 1% WAKE UP

You talking to me?

R U from opposite world?

Obama passed the recent NDAA which allows for indefinite detainment of American Citizens, violated the War Powers Act and therefore Congress' Constitutional power to declare war, extra-judiciously killed American Citizens, added the IPAB to his healthcare bill, attempted to add euthanasia-promotion to his healthcare bill, continues to block the Glass-Steagall Act from coming to the floor of Congress, etc.

Need I add more to the list?

If you R not already, U should get paid by the one or more of the various Con orgs. U R working for them and they have ALL the money. But I'll bet U know THAT!

[-] 3 points by riethc (1149) 11 years ago

That's a pathetic way of dealing with the truth, calling me a paid agent, or that I should be one!

All of the things I listed are true. I actually do research, rather than just reading articles from pro-Obama news sources.

are those sources pro-military ?

My sources are not. What you guys don't seem to realize about Obama is that he is all about continuing wars and starting new ones, but he plays both sides. Hypocrisy is his forte.

[-] 2 points by craigdangit (326) 11 years ago

They stopped being "wars" when the Democrats got back in the white house!

What turns people into this pathetic state of mind? They will attack anything that goes against what their three news sources says is the absolute truth. They are like crazy right wingers, just from a different stripe.

the media rarely speaks against violent actions

You have no sense of nuance, we don't live in a black and white world. Missing this you have no real ability to discern truth and probably shouldn't preach about it.

But that's the way Righties thing so you can definitely get paid, they have ALL the money!!

http://occupywallst.org/forum/what-if-the-greedy-rich-paid-their-share-8-things-/

"You have no sense of nuance, we don't live in a black and white world... But that's the way Righties thin[k].."

lol, No, you just live in a Left/Right world...

Great come back.

Learn stuff before you bitch stuff!

You make us all look stupid.

You're making yourself look stupid. How "black and white" is it to say "that's the way Righties think..."?

LOL! I'll take "irony" for 1,000 Alex!

Look gnat, go bother someone else.

I'm just helping you realize how little sense you make. You can always go back and delete your comments if you care not to show it to other people.

meh

most people still talk to me

I must be making sense

Here's some dollars and cents to help me realize: call one of the Con orgs and show them the work you do and get some goddamn money, and split it with me!!! I'm starving over here on the left!! The Right has all the money!!! Show Me the MONEY!!!

can you admit you were wrong, at least here? thats the way righties think is a very black and white statement and i feel like you realize this but are afraid to admit it

the hypocrisy of this is fuking hilarious

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (6502) 4 weeks ago

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (2204) 3 minutes ago

How many countries has Obama bombed? How many US citizens has Obama had killed via bombs strikes without charge or trial... in countries we're not at war with making it illegal to not only kill the US citizens but illegal acts of war as well in clear violation of international laws signed by the USA. Our country likes to commit acts of war without calling them wars.

Let me share a link from the ACLU in regards to torture

"The Obama administration’s adoption of the stonewalling tactics and opaque policies of the Bush administration flies in the face of the president’s stated desire to restore the rule of law. ... when these photos of torture do see the light of day, the outrage will focus not only on the commission of torture by the Bush administration but on the Obama administration's complicity in covering them up." - ACLU

http://www.aclu.org/2009/05/13/obama-administration-reverses-promise-to-release-torture-photos

ACLU files law suit against the Obama administration for war crimes... not the first time either.

http://www.aclu.org/national-security/al-aulaqi-v-obama

"I'm not disgusted at President Obama personally. It's President Obama's policies on civil liberties and national security issues I'm disgusted by." - ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0610/ACLU_chief_disgusted_with_Obama.html

Status of Forces Agreement is all I have to say about Iraq. I voted for the 16 month plan but that was just a lie to help get elected.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Skippy2 (485) 11 years ago

Obama may be a worse Pesident than Bush2, but he'll be voted out of office before he could be impeached. I voted for him and never will again. I have several close friends who feel the same as I do.

The idea is to get him in political hot water before the next election. Romney is not an acceptable candidate either, so the idea is to get a new Democrat to run.

[-] 0 points by bobjr508atyahoocom (22) from Nantucket, MA 11 years ago

So if we impeach Obama... who's gonna replace him? He isn't the greatest, but he is the least bad. My first choice for a president... JOE PESCI!!!! He looks like he can actually get results. If we sent him and Robert deniro into Pakistan with Louisville sluggers of their own.... they would a cracked bin ladens head like a crenshaw.

Send a shoot across the bow to Washington corruption: Impeach Obama!

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

arrest Bush and Cheney

Of course!

Do you believe impeaching Obama and arresting Dick and Bush are somehow in contradiction?

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by acanadianman (13) 11 years ago

WAKE UP PEOPLE!” - THE REAL REVOLUTION HAS STARTED! Protesting is not enough. There is a better way to fight back. Read “Common Sense 3.1” at http://www.revolution2.osixs.org – “entirely”

[-] -1 points by bensdad (8977) 11 years ago

These four men REQUIRE that you vote for Obama

John Roberts +
Antonin Scalia +
Clarence Thomas +
Samuel Alito

If you don’t believe them,
…….ask Newt Gingrich or John McCain about Citizens United
OR
…….ask the family of any soldier killed in Iraq about bush v Gore

OR

Are you afraid to
……tell me why supreme court appointments make no difference ?
……tell me why ( roberts + alito ) = ( sotomayor & kagan ) ?

If you cannot see the difference between the democrats and the Rs –
.……and believe that President Gore would invade Iraq,
…….or that President Gore would NOT read his PDBs –
…………..………………………………………………..you are blind

If you want to do what Davis & Lee failed to do
……………..……………………………………….…….you are crazy

Just because Scalia and Thomas take koch brothers money – you don’t have to

[-] 0 points by mvjobless (370) 11 years ago

This is a good point. With the questionable health of Ginsburg and maybe retirement of Kennedy, we definitely don't want a republican president to stack the court with nuts like the four you name above.

O-bomb-ya is the most obvious GOP plant in US history. If you think he's acting like a Republican now, just wait until he wins re-election. The 1%ers controlling him won't let him allow the court to become left leaning.

Honestly, I don't think he is going to be re-elected. He has pissed off too many of his supporters. There could be a coup at the demo national convention, just wait and see.

I hope we end up with someone who cares about the people... O-Bomb-ney sure doesn't.

I do to, but whoever it is, they are not going to come from the "political establishment". The occupy movement needs to come off their high horse and realize that the only way they can get everyone's ideas into action is to infiltrate the political structure that already exists with candidates of their own. That is the only expedient way; otherwise we are all doomed to a hundred years of general assemblies and no productive outcome.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

The people need to care about the people. We can not depend on a representative to do that. We need to get involved and stay involved.

Yeah. The people ultimately let down the constitution when they put up with this garbage.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

It is not too late for change. The need is there and the anger is building. We just need to find unity and drive forward with positive determination to make the needed changes.

so they threat peoples health

to get pay direct to the corps

Stop spamming.

[-] -2 points by jssk (170) from Naperville, IL 11 years ago

Lol, these people are doing everything but saying "because he's black."

You're clueless

[-] -1 points by jssk (170) from Naperville, IL 11 years ago

Do you even know what impeach means? What it's for?

Yes, it is to put a gov't official on trial for treason, bribery, high crimes and/or misdemeanors. Impeachment is started by the House of Representatives and the trial is conducted by the Senate.

Follow the link to know the accusations put forth here.

[-] 0 points by jssk (170) from Naperville, IL 11 years ago

And Obama committed treason, bribery, high crimes?

Treason and high crimes, yes

[-] 2 points by jssk (170) from Naperville, IL 11 years ago

Okay then. Looking forward to hear about the law suits.

[-] 1 points by grapes (5232) 11 years ago

Strictly speaking, our President is mulatto. Calling him black caters to the racial bias in us.

[-] -3 points by vvvpr2 (-2) 11 years ago

Impeach Obama? What would we gain? Democrat or Republican, he'd just be replaced by another corporate fascist puppet.

The system is BROKEN.

Why can't you people accept that THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN!

It cannot be fixed from within. It must be replaced.

[-] -3 points by SPAR23 (25) 11 years ago

Okay if we dont want Obama and the only other option we have right no is Romney. Do we want Romney? Because I do.

[-] 2 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

If you want Romeny please find another forum.

[-] -3 points by SPAR23 (25) 11 years ago

Hes the only option though.

Now we see what all these guys really want. They are too radical for Obama, so they want Romney?!!!

Let's get real here . . .#@%^!

I don't know this guy.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up.

No, not Romney. Impeaching Obama is not support for Romney.

A new Democratic candidate can come to the fore after Obama is gone.

[-] -1 points by SPAR23 (25) 11 years ago

But since Obama probably wont be impeached the will you vote for Romeny.

No.

[-] 1 points by SPAR23 (25) 11 years ago

What then, are you just not going to vote?

We're going to impeach Obama. Didn't you seen the video?