Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: If Obamacare going from 980 billion to 1.7 trillion - Unions along with other big corporations are opting out

Posted 12 years ago on March 14, 2012, 8:12 p.m. EST by SteveKJR (-497)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The Obimitaion and his Obamacare is screwing the people again. Letting unions and big corporations opting out, and forcing everyone else to participate.

If this Obimination Obamacare is supposed to be so great why isn't it mandatory for everyone to participate?

Here's one link

http://www.redcounty.com/content/obamas-pals-are-opting-out-obamacare

And if that's not so bad, the cost for this Obimination is nowhere near the the original cost.

Here's the link

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo-obamacare-would-cost-over-2-trillion

You my friends had better bend over because you are going to get screwed again.

13 Comments

13 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by DouglasAdams (208) 11 years ago

What is the problem with US healthcare? The statistics for healthcare speak loudly. The United States spends more per capita on healthcare than any other country. Almost twice as much as the next country, Norway. Are we twice as healthy as the rest of the world? No.Wikipedia and CNN report our life-expectancy ranks 38th. The CIA Factbook ranks our life-expectancy at 50th. Our infant-mortality or survival rate is ranked at 34th. These numbers must be acceptable to those who want to repeal Obamacare. Being in 34th, or 38th or 50th place in health services places us far behind the European Union, Japan, Indonesia, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands, Bosnia-Herzegovina and dozens of other countries.

Healthcare for profit is the problem. There is the illusion that free enterprise made America great. The flagships of the American economy had been capitalism, credit and consumerism. The American automobile industry is ailing. The financial sector is hobbled by fraud, deregulation, incompetence and corruption. And so is the US healthcare system. The US spends over a $2 trillion annually for healthcare and yet millions of Americans have no healthcare coverage at all.

[-] 1 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

Obama's 'health plan' is a purely corporatist plan, pure fascism. Forcing people to buy into for-profit corporate insurance schemes is ridiculous, and no one should stand for it.

The system that is most cost effective and efficient, is a universal plan payed into through taxes that provides basic health care for all people. The rich can still get their plastic surgery if they want to pay for it, and everyone can get a base level of health care, with no one going in bankruptcy if the need medical attention.

This is one reason I can not figure out why the right is so against Obama he is pro-military corporatist. They should love him!

[-] 0 points by SteveKJR (-497) 12 years ago

Let me ask - should a person have to go bankrupt in order to pay for a medical procedure or an operation - no.

Now why is HC costs so high - go to an emergency room with the intent of paying out of your pocket for their services and see what they charge.

What would an out of pocket cost for an operation or for a battery of tests.

It is not all the insurance companies fault - the providers have been sitting by the sidelines and no one is noticing them nor how much they charge for their services.

[-] 1 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

This can be controlled under a universal single-payer system, look at Canada, or most of Europe, hell anywhere, but the US of A! Every advanced nation in the world does better,. .

Just the administrative waste that is eliminated, is mind boggling.

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

This is silly, it assumes the corporations are stupid.

They've know this day was coming, that's why they wrote much of the bill.

It keeps them on the public's teet for a little longer

http://wendellpotter.com/2012/03/the-end-of-health-insurance-as-we-know-it/

Didn't say corporations are stupid. What I am saying is that if the Obiminations Obamacare was so great why should anyone be allowed to "opt out"

Explain that - and if the corporations were the ones who wrote the bill then that all the more reason to get rid of it - if that's the case, it sure as hell wasn't written to help the general public - right?

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

The CBO report is likely accurate, but the rest of it is based on a report from a consulting firm.

They would farm much of that out to think tanks and marketers that will tell them what they want to hear.

Read the link I posted. Those corporations know the teet is dry.

The paradigm must change, they just don't what it will change to yet.

Also remember, all those stats include continued profits and profit margins, to all those corporations and all their investors on WallStreet.

Want to help make it stop?

OccupyWallStreet!

One thing they don't mention is their "profits". It is my understanding that their profits were in line with other corporations being around 8 to 13 percent.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. I don't fully blame the insurance companies as much as I blame the providers. If a person has to pay cash for testing or a major operation it can run into the thousands if not well over a hundred thousand dollars after all is said and done.

If the goevernment puts caps on how much money a hospital can charge its going to get worse not better. People will be leaving the HC industry looking elsewhere for better pay.

What we need is more competition with insurers being able to cross state lines being able to provide insurance - I believe that would drive the costs down and everyone could be covered.

Again, HC providers are the main part of the equasion - unless or until something is done with those charges it isn't going to change. Instead of paying private insurers higher premiums we will be paying the government.

As far as the OccupyWallStreet crowd goes I agree with a lot of what they believe in but they are too fragmented - someone needs to be a spokes person and take the lead.

Everyone has their own ideas how to do things and as a result nothing is being accomplished. It's just recently that petitions have been coming up for people to sign - that's a direction.

[-] -1 points by BlackSun (275) from Agua León, BC 12 years ago

Nothing new here. Those unions and corp. we're/are big donors to democrat campaign chests. But it's all the republicans fault anyway.

You are right - when the economy is bad - it's the republicans fault - when the economy is good - the democrats made that way.

Now we have a mass exodus from the Obimination Obamacare but yet nothing is reported on the liberal news network and if it is it gets minimal time.

People get what they deserve for being so stupid.

[-] 1 points by beenthereonce (-13) 12 years ago

Got that right and even some of Nancy Pelosi's "special business contributors" to her campaign were also "opted out of Obama care"