Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: iChing for President 2012

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 19, 2011, 11:26 p.m. EST by Apollonius (3)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

It is the oldest book in the world. The I Ching (also referred to as the Book of Changes or The Oracle of the Sun and Moon) is a system of divination rooted in a mathematical matrix of successive powers of two. 2^0 = 1 Wu Ji - The Supreme Ultimate 2^1 = 2 Yin - Earth, Receptive and Yang - Heaven, Creative 2^2 = 4 Old Yang & Old Yin - waning influence and Young Yang and Young Yin - waxing influence 2^3 = 8 Heaven (Creative), Earth (Receptive), Thunder (Arousing, Movement), Wind/ Wood (Gentleness, Dispersion), Water (Danger, Toil), Fire (Clarity, Brightness), Mountain (Stillness, Completion), and Swamp/ Lake (Joy, Attraction) 2^ 6 = 64 hexagrams in total. This mathematical matrix allows a suprahuman intelligence a recording surface to answer whatever question we ask of it. The hexagrams offer up a reflection of what is and what will come. We can ask the Oracle "What if....?" questions, so that we can come to an understanding of what the result of a line of action or inaction that we may take without actually having to take that line of action. The Ancient Greeks consulted an oracle to conduct the highest level of their political affairs and I am suggesting that America do the same. It has been shown through the course of history that men are incapable of ruling themselves. We must submit to something higher than ourselves. Not some intangible religious icon gazing down at us from a cloud, but something very real that will respond to whatever our concerns are (relationships, jobs, money, foreign affairs, anything) and help to lead us out of these dark times. So spread the word, there is a tool to give light to what we have been blind to for so long. Let it guide the way. Yes, it's even online - http://www.ichingonline.net/index.php Richard Wilhelm's intro - http://www.iging.com/intro/introduc.htm Carl Jung's intro - http://www.iging.com/intro/foreword.htm and also for the lulz - http://glossynews.com/science-and-technology/gadgets-and-gizmos/201007040942/chinese-government-says-yes-to-i-ching-no-to-iphone-4/

9 Comments

9 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by NewEnglandPatriot (916) from Dartmouth, MA 12 years ago

A geometric "eight ball" based on alchemy, energy, etc....Some potential here. Maybe they will set up scales in malls that do it by reading your vitals and sending electric signals in to read us. The screen will flash the images and record responses. The calculations will cross reference to multiple choice questions, and further analyze. It could be done

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Spankysmojo (849) 12 years ago

The I Ching only has validity for those that use it. If the president or future president don't use it then you might as well Tarot. Sorry. No validity.

[-] 1 points by Apollonius (3) 12 years ago

Our current political system flat out doesn't work. All that checks and balances do is to ensure that no effective decision or action is ever reached. Checks and balances were designed to ensure that no one would gain too much power, yes, but what are we willing to sacrifice in order to preserve the illusion that what we have in America is a "democracy"? Wouldn't it be better to just find one person, who we could actually trust to serve the greater good? Wouldn't we be much better off with a philosopher King/ Queen, who can make real decisions, who can sit us down and teach us like FDR did during the fireside chats? We can equip him/ her to the fullest. The I Ching is one tool, alongside teams of experts from different fields to advise him/ her and tons of people to research whatever he/ she is inclined to know in order to serve us better. I have to say that this movement initially excited me and I waited and watched as you guys drew up some nice little modifications we can make, but frankly you're lacking the balls to view this as an opportunity to create something better, newer - something that can handle the ever-quickening rate of change in our world. Having the collective body of our political system to continue as it is at a time in history where so much is up in the air is not only stupid, it is dangerous. We can't allow America to continue to crumble while we wait upon this ridiculous stalemate of Republican vs. Democrat.

[-] 0 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

Just when we need to encourage or force our leaders to use the power of science to make decisions instead of using their emotions and greed for money, you propose that we, ourselves, drop a time tested epistemology for some magical solution that doesn't require us to think. Great!

The I Ching is timeless. It can illuminate any occurrence, big or small because it's logic is rooted in the very structure of the cosmos. As far as Western epistemology goes, giggles it is crap. The underlying metaphysical presuppositions of western epistemology especially the belief in the distinction between subjects and objects completely misapprehends the psychophysical nature of reality. As the Buddha asked, "All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?" The I Ching creates balance between yin and yang energies within any system that it is allowed to territorialize. If we allow it's wisdom to move through us to territorialize the various systems of our government, our societal institutions, our families, our minds, etc. then it shall bring the world back into order. We have been suffering unnecessarily for thousands of years because we have fundamentally misapprehended the relationship between ourselves and the universe and we can ultimately eliminate suffering if we are to follow the I Ching's wisdom (Not that the I Ching is the only way, but it is the most concise system that I have come into contact with and that is why I share it with you here). The I Ching does not completely contradict the empirical project that has been underway in the west for the past 500 years, it simply gives it balance between the actual (the object that science seeks to understand and record, yang energy) and the potential (what we can create of the world through our actions and intentions, yin energy). We still need to think, but are thinking will take the form of questions that the oracle can give us greater insight into. Science has done a good deal in many respects, but if we want to bring out the latent potential within man we must seek balance.

"The I Ching is timeless. It can illuminate any occurrence, big or small because it's logic is rooted in the very structure of the cosmos"

Like I said, nothing but another failed epistemological method like astrology. Next.

You are not giving me an actual argument, you are just saying it failed. Could you please explain to me how it failed? Where did it go wrong?

Like astrology, it's based on a logical fallacy. It tries to connect elements together without providing correlation nor causation.