Posted 5 years ago on Sept. 25, 2012, 6:57 p.m. EST by elf3
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
- I go to work 9-5 full time.
- I pay my mortgage on a modest house.
- I have no degree but pay attention to the world and never stop learning.
- I am in a holding pattern.
- I make enough to pay bills but barely and worry about the future and the economy and jobs and my car breaking down.
- I have not been on the protest ground but I'm with them in spirit, defiance, and revolution, and consider myself part of the fight.
- I do not want my government bought off by monopolies.
- I want monopolies disbanded.
- I think education costs too much.
- I think health care costs too much.
I disagree with subsidies and government gearing that keep paying corporations no matter what and drive up prices for the rest of us.
I think the elderly and disabled should be cared for. no one should starve.
no one should be homeless.
people should work hard and those who do should be rewarded more than those who inherited money and lots of rental property and gouge the citizenry and claim a capital gains deduction.
wages should be taxed less than property to give people a chance to save Land - LORDS should be taxed more to discourage hording.
I want to end the fed.
I want to end monopoly advantage and give Americans those who live here on this soil the chance to be entrepreneurs and inventors unlike corporations who are headquartered and probably live in other countries yet pay my government money to make decisions and red tape for the citizenry.
I want a free press.
If I worked more hours to try to pay for school I would not have the time to go so instead i run on a lower wage treadmill wondering if i could do more with my life but realize education for the current price isn't the answer.
I worry that corporations don't care about polluting our bodies, food, or earth and that their lack of conscience and about partnering with corrupt governments like we see in Africa for example is now happening here.
I wonder if we could all end up eating out of a garbage heap with no food and no clean water.
I feel a need to change all of this so intensely I don't see how I can live a normal life or how I can have children until I make sure the corporations do not win then turn America and the world into a third world caste system on a planet where there is abundance for everyone.
I wonder how many people like me are part of this I propose we sound off and show them what numbers look like..
So who are you?