Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Who is Occupy? we are people that care about things like this and who don't want it to happen to you or your children

Posted 12 years ago on Feb. 26, 2012, 10:55 a.m. EST by elf3 (4203)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/08/hong-kongs-poor-living-in-cages/

question of human nature - you have a history written of those willing to do violence surviving ahead, how do the compassionate fight back and win? What steps should we take ? I believe the best way to go forward is to show people what we're fighting for - I really wish there was a way to upload photos to go with stories. I think we need to begin to show the portrait of who we are, what we are fighting, and make it something no one can possibly argue with - I put up a links below of elderly and people who rent cages in Hong Kong for most of their monthly salary. I think it's important to draw the connection that A. we need to stop it and if we don't we will be next. B. The Orwellian nightmare is already playing itself out in countries where the 1% rule the rest ... it is not a pretty picture sex slavery, people treated like animals, people working 16 hours a day for pennies and no days off, divisive fighting as people scramble for food and scraps, corporate land grabs causing starvation and wars in Africa..all in the name of profits and business - if we show this and draw the connection how we will be next - how can any moral person not support the Occupy movement?

3 Comments

3 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by GirlFriday (17435) 12 years ago

I think that is a great idea.

[-] 1 points by elf3 (4203) 12 years ago

Thanks - posting compassion (better than anything else it demonstrates the cause so we don't have to keep explaining it or having never-ending discussions about why this is right and why Wall Street must be kept in check. ) It also shows why we care so much about this - because we care more about people than profits and over ambition or personal gain. This is about the whole world.