Posted 7 years ago on Dec. 1, 2011, 2:24 p.m. EST by theaveng
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Found this on a Congressional website. Pay close attention to points 4 through 8:
The Congress finds the following:
(1) Article III, section 1 of the Constitution of the United States vests the judicial power of the United States in
one Supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as Congress may from time to time ordain and establish'. (2) Article I, section 8 and article 3, section 1 of the Constitution of the United States give Congress the power to establish and limit the jurisdiction of the lower Federal courts. (3) Article III, section 2 of the Constitution of the United States gives Congress the power to make such exceptions, and under such regulations' as Congress finds necessary to Supreme Court jurisdiction.
(4) Congress has the authority to make exceptions to Supreme Court jurisdiction in the form of general rules and based upon policy and constitutional reasons other than the outcomes of a particular line of cases (see Federalist No. 81; United States v. Klein, 80 U.S. (13 Wall.) 128 (1872)).
(5) Congress has constitutional authority to set broad limits on the jurisdiction of both the Supreme Court and the lower Federal courts in order to correct abuses of judicial power and continuing violations of the Constitution of the United States by Federal courts.
(6) Article IV, section 4 of the Constitution of the United States guarantees each State a republican form of government. (7) Supreme Court and lower Federal court decisions striking down local laws on subjects such as religious liberty, sexual orientation, family relations, education, and abortion have wrested from State and local governments issues reserved to the States and the People by the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
(8) The Supreme Court and lower Federal courts threaten the republican government of the individual States by replacing elected government with rule by unelected judges.
CONTINUED HERE - http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.958:
Original Link - http://www.thelibertycommittee.org/home.asp