Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: HR 347 'Trespass Bill' Criminalizes Protest !!!

Posted 11 years ago on May 6, 2012, 9:25 a.m. EST by Umong (0)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

WTF ??!!!!

As I write this op-ed, I primp for the mirror -- looking for the most flattering pose -- for my mug shot. Now, don't get the wrong impression; I haven't been arrested and charged with a federal felony -- yet. Nor is the preparation done in anticipation of a guest stint on "America's Next Top Model" -- but as a common sense reaction to Obama's predictable signing of the latest assault on the Bill of Rights -- namely -- H.R. 347 (and it's companion senate bill S. 1794); aka the "Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011." Sounding more like an appropriations bill authorizing monies for federal grounds landscaping -- this bill, better known to those in the DC beltway as the 'Trespass Bill' -- potentially makes peaceable protest anywhere in the U.S. a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

The legislators responsible for bringing this legislative excrement to life are Representative Tom Rooney (R-Fla.) in the House of Representatives and Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT.) leading the Senate version.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeanine-molloff/trespass-bill_b_1328205.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

34 Comments

34 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

just another bill where dems and repubs shut out dissenting opinions

[-] 2 points by JPB950 (2254) 11 years ago

Congress can write any law it wants, now it's time to test it and get the courts to decide its constitutionality.

[-] 1 points by VQkag (930) 11 years ago

Agreed that is the right approach to undo it. We need a less conservative Supreme court of course. but yeah I'm with you.

[-] 1 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

This post belongs at the top again.

Everyone should see this.

800 FEMA/Halliburton prison camps.

[-] 0 points by cooperbl (-88) 11 years ago

why did the DHS buy over 450 million rounds of ammo? the current adminstration of going to do a false flag operation , obama will declare martial law. elections will be suspended. obama will be dictator. another scenario is violent unrest(ows), another excuse for martial law and no elections.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

The most frightening bill Congress has ever passed ...

this is a cached link to an earlier article on this forum

I can't get to it

because my browser was hijacked

I seek confirmation

I believe this is signed already. It is a serious attack on our freedom to protest. speech. assembly and so forth. we must put constant pressure on all politicians. The main problem is a lack o fpolitical courage. Politicians fear being labeled soft on defense/terrorists. The most important thing we can do is continue pushing out politicians away from the constant war footing, It's good to see The president not using "war on terror" as a constant rhetorical tool. Slowly we can undue these offensives. It took years to bring us here. Will take years to undo this damage. The changes to that existing trespass law is a big "thing" to undo.

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

the ten years is for those carrying weapons or committing violent actions

[-] 3 points by VQkag (930) 11 years ago

ok. but they are still targeting OWS. trying to shut us down. it's unconstitutional.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Yes - it's unconstitutional. And all arrests should be fought on that basis.

Yes and even without this law there are many unconstitutional tactics police/gov are using against us. It's discouraging. perseverence, solidarity. constant pressure. it's the only way.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Yes - unity in common cause - pointing out abuses as well as issues that need to be addressed. That is part of the reason the corrupt have come out into the daylight like a bunch of ants running around trying to fix their kicked over anthill. They have been seen in their manipulations, now they are being incautious as they try to repair their structure.

The 1% are so adept at getting 99%rs to speak for them, to support the 1% agenda. the scam of "aspirational voters" is most insidious and a major part of the challenge. somehow in the face of media and 1% rhetoric we must convince 99%rs who vote against there own interests. to support change and progress.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

I always try to push the point of being aware. Listen to the words and then - figure out in whose benefit they run. Do they support the good of all(?) or is that a disguise and the only true beneficiary is a special interest group - like the beneficiary's of trickle down economics were those at the top and trickle down benefits never appeared for the lower classes it was aimed at to get approval.

[-] 2 points by VQkag (930) 11 years ago

Yes the terminology was used to convince 99%rs that money naturally flows down, that the 1% will be the job creators. But it was a lie an intentional lie. Reagans budget guy Stockman knows it now HW Bush knew it then (voodoo econ). We gave them tax cuts, and loopholes cut regulations and corp subs for 30 years so they would create jobs (tinkle on us) instead they took our money, moved our jobs overseas, destroyed our unions, decimated out pensions, moved their HQ, and hid there money to avoid taxes, speculated and crashed the world economy. So they broke the agreement, and we should be able to get our money back.The truth is the natural flow of money is up. If we get money to the middle class the rich will always find a way to suck it up.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Yep - money is not water - and hence the heart of the lie in trickle down economics.

Water is subject to gravity so if poured out on an angled surface - it "will" seek the low point.

Money if poured out will be snatched by those who it comes to 1st.

And those in the best position to grab it.

Yes.

Damn them all to hell! ;)

Well if they are wrong in denying God - they will I am pretty sure. In the meantime though they are making this world a living hell for countless millions.

[-] 1 points by needname33 (2) 11 years ago

Sorry read that wrong you only get 1 year in prison for protesting.

[-] 1 points by needname33 (2) 11 years ago

(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted building or grounds; or

`(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence against any person or property in any restricted building or grounds

Note the "or"

[-] 0 points by Umong (0) 11 years ago

" Slowly we can undue these offensives. It took years to bring us here. Will take years to undo this damage. The changes to that existing trespass law is a big "thing" to undo."

keep dreaming..... all the loss of freedom laws will never be undone.. People should have nipped the first one in the bud and said to the pols YOU ARE WORKING FOR US !!! now with every new one that is passed they get to see how docile everyone is to the extent now they can get away with ANYTHING !! they have set up the perfect totalitarian state and no one did anything to stop it

[-] 3 points by VQkag (930) 11 years ago

The people are waking up with this movement. Dreaming is required. Constant pressure is the only way. It can be done. But not if the people are asleep. And not if they give up in the face of the huge hurdles. "never be undone"?? Thats too defeatest for me. buck up! Can't win if we give up.

" buck up! Can't win if we give up."

like i said much too little and much too late People should have joined together and gone out there with pitchforks and adminstered justice to the banksters. Instead of that they get to run campaign dinners for POTUS

"pitchforks"?. just what 1% want. they have a manual on how to deal with violence. They would love that. And they love anyone who speaks of violence. We play right into the 1% hands when we talk/perpetrate violence. Dyou realize that? Or maybe you are a tool of the 1%. Are you.?

no violence eh ? meanwhile the cops cant resist it

Police Brutality in America

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2010/071310Lendman.shtml

http://www.nothugcops.com/

The Germans living under HITLER thought Things were Oky-Doky, too

Police violence will be their undoing. movements grow and get sympathy when peaceful people are brutalized. but not if we fight back with violence. The US civil rights movement and Ghandis success are good examples. Violence is not our way. It hurts us more. You play into their hands. You must be one of them. to push it. Support OWS Support non violent change.

[-] -1 points by Umong (0) 11 years ago

OWS ......all talk and no action ...... Get real. They have all the laws in place now and i have never heard of any totalitarian governments willing to " negotiate " with those that dont agree !! ha ha

We cannot win a violent clash with the powers that be. But you know that and just want instigate violence and bad press. Minimize our support with the rest of America. You are a plant- yes?

if i am a plant .... you are a weed