Forum Post: Historical Models of Civilization-Corruption, New language of Democracy, How Does Change Happen?
Posted 3 years ago on Oct. 13, 2012, 1:16 a.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
You are describing a Model. Not so much a Philosophy. And you are drawing from what you understand is US History, European History, government-political systems, and the competition of man for money.
Just want to try to look at what you are saying and describe some other models.
1) Matrix the movie as a Model, distopian society, people living in an alternate reality - they don't understand the world at all really since they were not educated about the right template, people are used physically for their energy and maybe other things (I don't rember).
2) Anti-Tech, Off the Grid, Model should be looked at. If we simplify, get off the technology, move to a farm, ranch, isolated home, live simple, live on the cheap, avoid banking, avoid contracts, avoid monthly payments, etc. maybe we would be happier, more fullfilled, and smarter, less brainwashed.
3) Fight against the Machine Model, Protest, be an ativist, educate other people, help form community groups, try not transfer money to big corporations, speak to people about corporatism, fascism, and the corruption of money in all aspects of life.
4) Your model might be described as a model of a world that has gone global, become very complex and linked, there are many dangers of systemic rip offs and systemic failures that can destroy our lives, it is a distopian world, governments and corporations really can't protect us when they say they can, governments have limits to their ability to financialy itervene if we meet with disaster, political influence and ideology often can make a negative outcome for us when we depend so much on energy systems, food systems, consumer goods, clean water, gasoline, credit systems, banking systems, communication systems, technology, etc. Politics is clearly broken in this system.
5) People of different Background/Belief/Culture/Finance Wealth Model, is all about the fact or the fear that we really don't know what motivates people and we really don't know peoples history. Many people are wealthy and might have a big influence on our lives through decisions they make. We know there are very wealthy and influencial people in the world. We know there are wealthy corporations and corporations which have a lot of power for instance in mining and petro exploration.
6) Calitalism is Dangerous and Harms People, Corporations are bad, Money corrupts, Don't Trust governements, Don't Trust financial schemes.
7) Socialist Model (European Style)
8) Communist Model.
9) Feudalism, King and Serf (Slave).
10) Religious Caliphate or Religious Empire.
These models and your post do have a relationship to religion and philosophy since these are studies/disciplines that help people understand their world.
Current Philosophical Questions:
A) Is Capitalism Bad.
B) Are Corporations Evil.
C) Is Man Bad or Evil.
D) Can political systems be fixed.
E) Can the Corruption of Money be controlled.
F) Can Personal Interest and Conflict of Interest be removed from Government.
G) Is it possible to teach something to a man that wants to live in the Wild West, cut social safety Nets like Social Security and Medicare.
H) Do Big Banks really profit off the Illigal Drug Trade.
I) What are all the secrets of the US Government.
J) Is asking for Democracy specific enough. Do we need more democracy phrases to become popular language to cover a range of democracy like:
-Safety Net Democracy,
-No Money in Government Democracy,
-No Corporations in Government Democracy,
-No Lobbyist Democracy,
-No Foreign War Democracy,
-No War of Agression Democracy,
-Fair Wage Democracy,
-GAAP Accounting Rules Democracy,
-Anti-Shadow Banking Democracy,
-Limited Financial Derivatives Democracy,
-Limited Money, Limited Finance Democracy,
-Cooperative Business Democracy,
-Help People Not Corporations Democracy,
-Alternative Energy Democracy,
-Limited Resources Democracy,
-All Men Are Equal, Limited Banking, No Lobby Dollars, Democracy.
-Limited Republic, Limited Banking, Limited Corporations, Limited Lobby, Social Education, Social Medicine, Democracy.
1) Change comes from Groundswells or Popular Social Movements.
2) Media is part of the Solution and part of the Problem.
3) The Idea of Individual and Human Rights will never go away. The idea is too big.
4) The biggest Risk seems to be Declining wages, Declining Benefits, and unavailable, weak Job Market. This seems to be what the real Battle is all about.
5) The big Questions are if Medical Care and Education will be affordable at all and for anyone in the Future.
The US, Europe, and the World are in an Education Period, Right Now... Even as Europe goes into Depression... What remains to be seen is how long it will take to move from dispair and education, to Political Action and Change.