Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Herman Cain for president 2012.

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 16, 2011, 5:30 p.m. EST by dktechguy112 (16)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Herman Cain for president 2012. Herman Cain is running for president. He’s not a career politician (in fact he has never held political office). He’s known as a pizza guy, but there’s a lot more to him. He’s also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy. Here’s his bio: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. Master’s degree in Computer Science. Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist). Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola. VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation). All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers! Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers. Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months. In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry. He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side. Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again! Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses. Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system. After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time! Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid. Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country). He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking—Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.

Now who would you rather have as your president? Obama who has never held a real job in his life? Or Cain who has been to the top of 4 industries?

92 Comments

92 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by nomoobammy (10) 12 years ago

We can't elect him, he preaches personal responsibility and limited government. Who would take care of us?

[-] 1 points by uslynx81 (203) 12 years ago

lol last thing we need is a wall street insider. wow really?

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by dadgader (47) from Vancouver, WA 12 years ago

Cain's 999 plan will shift the tax burden further down the economic ladder and be a windfall for the already tax-breaked billionaires. It will lead to chaos and more pain and finally revolution. Cain in ignorant about much of the world and much of what goes on in this Country. He didn't even know what neo-conservatism was in a recent interview.

[-] 1 points by jupiterzero (8) 12 years ago

I think Herman Cain needs to be bitch-slapped into reality! I gladly volunteer! And isn't it interesting that 1. His last name reads: "infamous biblical character". And 2. His 999 plan is almost identical to the tax structure found In Sim City. Hmmm...

[-] 1 points by bloodflower (24) 12 years ago

On his 999 plan corporate tax = 9%, individuals and families = 18% does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? Loss of mortage deduction , state tax deduction, 401k deduction, personal property and real estate deductions. Definite tax increase on the middleclass

[Removed]

9% on profits their federal sales tax would be deductable. Listen carefully to his speaches

[Removed]

No the 9 cents should be deductable. I have a problem with a corporation making billions paying 9% and a family living off of 50 thousand paying 18%

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by TruePatriots (274) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

No.

[-] 0 points by enough (587) 12 years ago

OWS is non-partisan. Herman Cain made the following statement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3biaPv_lg

[-] 1 points by dktechguy112 (16) 12 years ago

I saw a reelect Obama thread. who is clearly democratic. So you mean you are anti-republican?

[-] 1 points by enough (587) 12 years ago

I am independent. Everyone is entitled to his or her political opinion. OWS, as a group, is non-partisan.

[-] 0 points by nvwikiwiki (5) 12 years ago

999 is good for selling pizza while the workers make less then minimum wage with no benefits so I am for Obama

Check out Buddyroemer.com

[-] 0 points by dktechguy112 (16) 12 years ago

why? what has Obama done in 4 years? Are we better off now, because of anything he has done?

[-] 0 points by nvwikiwiki (5) 12 years ago

Cain believes that if you do not have a job or not rich it is your fault. Although there are a few as in any situation that are greedy and take advantage of society. I do not believe that most of the Americans are at fault for this economy except for the fact they did not support our manufacturing companies by voting against anyone who stood for fair trade acts. What I want to know if the jobs he created were less then minimum wage or not.

[-] 0 points by atki4564 (1259) from Lake Placid, FL 12 years ago

Many more people will come to your side when you are proactive (for “new” Business & Government solutions), instead of reactive (against “old” Business & Government solutions), which is why what we most immediately need is a comprehensive “new” strategy that implements all our various socioeconomic demands at the same time, regardless of party, and although I'm all in favor of taking down today's ineffective and inefficient Top 10% Management System of Business & Government, there's only one way to do it – by fighting bankers as bankers ourselves; that is, using a Focused Direct Democracy organized according to our current Occupations & Generations. Consequently, I have posted a 1-page Summary of the Strategically Weighted Policies, Organizational Operating Structures, and Tactical Investment Procedures necessary to do this at:

http://getsatisfaction.com/americanselect/topics/on_strategic_legal_policy_organizational_operational_structures_tactical_investment_procedures

Join

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/StrategicInternationalSystems/

because we need 100,000 “support clicks” at AmericansElect.org to support a Presidential Candidate -- such as any given political opportunist you'd like to draft -- in support of the above bank-focused platform.

Most importantly, remember, as cited in the first link, that as Bank Owner-Voters in your 1 of 48 "new" Business Investment Groups (or "new" Congressional Committees) you become the "new" Congress replacing the "old" Congress according to your current Occupation & Generation, called a Focused Direct Democracy.

Therefore, any Candidate (or Leader) therein, regardless of party, is a straw man, a puppet; it's the STRATEGY – the sequence of steps – that the people organize themselves under, in Military Internet Formation of their Individual Purchasing & Group Investment Power, that's important. In this, sequence is key.

Why? Because there are Natural Social Laws – in mathematical sequence – that are just like Natural Physical Laws, such as the Law of Gravity. You must follow those Natural Social Laws or the result will be Injustice, War, etc.

The FIRST step in Natural Social Law is to CONTROL the Banks as Bank Owner-Voters. If you do not, you will inevitably be UNJUSTLY EXPLOITED by the Top 10% Management Group of Business & Government who have a Legitimate Profit Motive, just like you, to do so.

Consequently, you have no choice but to become Candidates (or Leaders) yourselves as Bank Owner-Voters according to your current Occupation & Generation.

So please JOIN the 2nd link so we can make our support clicks at AmericansElect.org when called for, at exactly the right time, by an e-mail from that group, in support of the above the bank-focused platform. If so, then you will see and feel how your goals can be accomplished within the above strategy as a “new” Candidate (or Leader) of your current Occupation & Generation.

[-] -1 points by whoisforsale (1) 12 years ago

Steve Forbes ran for the nomincation for president on a flat tax which is basically cain's plan only it was a fifteen percent flat tax. guess what? He lost!

[-] -1 points by uslynx81 (203) 12 years ago

Yes he worked for the fed and he doesn't even understand why the real estate bubble collapsed. Also he lies. He did say that there was no need to audit the fed. Ron Paul 2012 we are growing and our voice is getting louder.

[-] -1 points by Leoiv (0) 12 years ago

I hope this guy wins. GO CAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

[-] 1 points by uslynx81 (203) 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0T1kMc1d4&feature=share Cain supporters you need to watch this

[-] 1 points by iwantmygoldback1933 (64) 12 years ago

+1. great video

[-] 2 points by marsdefIAnCe (365) 12 years ago

wtf?

Herman Cain for jail ASAP

Trading With the Enemy Act much?

[-] -1 points by randallburns (211) from Washougal, WA 12 years ago

The 999 plan is just a way for Cain to move the country towards fairtax-which he has also endorsed.

The trickle up effects of this tax approach will be huge. Fairtax is a middle weighted tax. The top 1% will make huge profits if this tax is adopted.

[-] 1 points by PandoraK (1678) 12 years ago

Cain's 9-9-9 plan is over simplistic and harmful.

Already Corporate America has tax breaks which were intended to stimulate the economy, Corporate America was given other stimulus for the same reason and the same failure. The 9-9-9 plan would greatly reduce the tax load of Corporate America and the 1% while weighing down the middle class and unemployed and underemployed by manifold.

It's a catch phrase intended to generate interest in Cain as a candidate, when ask about how his plan would work his answer was "I don't know".

I won't vote for "I don't know".

[-] 1 points by randallburns (211) from Washougal, WA 12 years ago

I would personally be willing to let the fairtax plan be tried out on three conditions: before the plan is implemented we assess: a) The proportion of US Citizens that have zero assets b) the media per capita assets c) Asset level of the lowest part of the top 5% d) Asset level of the lowest part of the top 1%

If a) is increasing then we start increasing the tax on assets of the upper 5% and upper 1% by 0.1% each quater and use the funds to increase the prebate for fairtax

If asset levels of the upper 5% or upper 1% (c or d) increase faster than the median wealth holdings b, we also would increase the taxes on those two groups similarly by 0.1% each quarter and decrease the consumption tax rate.

These two rules are enough to assure that fairtax would be "distributionally neutral" compared to the present system-ie. the rich will not get a huge windfall at the expense of the middle class or poor. I think that means we'd wind up with a prebate of about $4000/year for every adult and a consumption tax more like 17%-and a tax rate on the upper 5% of about 1% and the upper 1% of about 2%.

The inflation adjusted holdings of the upper 1% and upper 5% wouldn't change. The would have to be more careful about what they invest in. They'd have higher taxes-but the trickle up effects of the low end tax cuts would be huge-and those effects would pretty much balance each other out.

Fairltax supporters will deny there will be any trickle up effect. If they are right, their proposed structure would stay in place as is. If they are wrong, these rules would prevent the very wealthy from having a windfall-and keep the other benefits of fairtax(i.e. low collection costs) for 95% of the population.

This is meant as a sincere olive branch to the many good people that support fairtax-and calling the bluff to the con artists that support fairtax.

[-] -1 points by michael4ows (224) from Mountain View, CA 12 years ago

He needs to work on the 999 thing. I like the idea of blowing up the current tax code, not so sure about his prescribed replacement for it. It would need to be more progressive.

[-] -1 points by Benny14 (101) 12 years ago

Herman Cain is even worse then Obama look at his donation list huge support from the financial sector. The guy is a massive tool

[-] -1 points by LazyJealousAnarchist (144) 12 years ago

Bankrolled by Koch brothers.

[-] -1 points by iwantmygoldback1933 (64) 12 years ago

Cain is terribly dumb and for you not to notice that makes you even more dumb. Ron Paul if you want to fix our country.

[-] 1 points by dktechguy112 (16) 12 years ago

Well Cain has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and a Master’s degree in Computer Science. If you consider that dumb, then what degrees do you have?

For the record I a senior electrical Engineering student at Cal Poly, once I get my bachelors in Electrical Engineering I am going to law school to become a patent attorney.

[-] 2 points by iwantmygoldback1933 (64) 12 years ago

Well if you believe degrees make you smart, then yeah your really dumb. Good luck with your politics, maybe you should stick with math because w/o that your useless.

[-] 1 points by EliteNinx (34) 12 years ago

LMFAO "dktechguy112" you are severely naive if you actually think Cain is gonna bring any change to this country. You're even more naive if you think voting on a candidate based on his background and where he went to school actually matters. I'm not saying you're an idiot, or stupid, or anything, please bear that in mind. I'm saying you're NAIVE. You don't know how the real world works yet and I don't care what prestigious school you went to. Why? Because a lot of the top schools in the nation house the most naive and indoctrinated students who get their news (and therefore opinions) from places like CNN and don't know the true nature of politics and its varying degrees of complexity.

What you see is NOT what you get so next time you see a candidate with good records and amazing backgrounds in business...think again. Most of congress is made up of lawyers, businessmen, and bankers and you want to vote another one in thinking he'll actually help to fix this mess...? Honestly, only someone who thinks prestigious schools and awesome grades = intelligence can logic like that. I'm impressed with how clueless and sheep-like these "smart" people are sometimes. I suggest you turn off the CNN and go back to Youtube, Wikipedia, blogs, and alternate news websites where the information isn't highly selective.

[-] -1 points by RantCasey (782) from Saginaw, MI 12 years ago

His 9 9 9 plan is stupid. Don't care where he came from. Anybody who wants to pass a flat tax is dumber than GW bush. Anyone who has taken any general economics class knows this will ruin the economy. A 9 percent flat tax won't even pay the interest on our budget deficit. Wow plus it invades state taxes. This guy is retarted. Anybody who believes in a flat tax is beyond uneducated. Sorry to republicans but this guy is stupid. Worst ever.

[-] -1 points by BadBlueBird (17) 12 years ago

This is just about the dumbest suggestion I have seen on here. Cain is as reactionery as they come. He has publicly derided this protest movement and you suggest we elect him?

Please!!

[-] 3 points by dktechguy112 (16) 12 years ago

I don't support this protest, I just come on here for a good laugh. And to try and set some people straight.