Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Half of the American workforce live on $26,000 a year or less...

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 22, 2011, 12:06 a.m. EST by MarkDuwe (127)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The 50% need a lot of help. They probably can't afford to take a day off to protest, even though I know many who share your ideas and vision.

http://www.barefootandprogressive.com/2011/10/the-wealth-of-nations-half-the-american-work-force-living-on-26000-or-less.html

10 Comments

10 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by thebeastchasingitstail (1912) 12 years ago

There's your 47% who pay no Federal Income tax, amirite?

[-] 1 points by MarkDuwe (127) 12 years ago

A single person with no dependants that makes $26,000 a year would pay: $3,475 in Federal taxes. Even if you just make $16,000 a year you would still owe $1975.

The 47% you speak of are people who are unemployed, homemakers, retired people, kids, people in jail, people in nursing homes, institutions, and some people who have a too many kids. If you can figure out how to get these people to pay more taxes let me know.

No, I wasn't saying they should pay more or anything like that. I'm saying here is that mythical "half" the population that doesn't pay income tax because they earn so little.

oh, cool,..right on....Great user name. I keep telling my dog that if she keeps chasing her tale I'm going take a video of her and put it on youtube so all the other dogs can laugh at her.

lol the Soros/Koch screaming matches inspired it

I get it. Who likes Pearl Jam,..come on,..their pretty good,..aren't they?