Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Guess what? The jig is up.

Posted 3 years ago on Oct. 19, 2011, 7:11 p.m. EST by therising (6643)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

America is waking up from its collective slumber. We, the people, are realizing that we have the power. Let's continue to march, talk and discover what we have in common. Young, old, rich, poor, no matter the color or creed or orientation, let's find common ground. If we do that. If we're patient and let this cake bake then before we know it we'll be making decisions from a position of unified power instead of making demands from a position of divided weakness.

The 1% have been worried for a long time that we would discover how absurd it is that 1% of the population is ruling and exploiting the other 99%. They knew that if we discovered that we have more things in common than we have differences that the jig would be up.

Well guess what? The jig is up. Fasten your seatbelts. This non-violent movement is about to change the shape of America.

6 Comments

6 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by therising (6643) 3 years ago

Think about this. In less than five weeks, the Occupy Wall Street movement has won the support of a clear majority of Americans. People around the world have voiced their support and marched in the street. The president, vice president, congressional leaders, the heads of many large corporations, even the head of the FED have expressed sympathy with the movement. Incredible. Just incredible. We're on our way . This is quickly transforming from a movement into a revolution!

[-] 1 points by Howtodoit (1232) 3 years ago

right on! and this might help it along:

Here's how we can easily Reform Wall Street: Take away their powers "once again." And a Million People March on The Hill will help get it done!

For example, "We are here Congress because we want to bring REINSTATE the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/071603.asp#axzz1aPEc3wX which help saved our country from the Great Depression by preventing investment companies, banks, and insurance companies from merging and becoming large brokerage firms; instead of just being Banks and Insurance companies--why can't we learn a history lesson here Congress? Btw, why did most of you vote for its final repeal in 1999? http://www.counterpunch.org/2008/09/19/shattering-the-glass-steagall-act

Think about where we are now, it all started in 1999 with the subprime loans Senator Phil Gramm was peaching on Senate floor. CNN's The Ten Most Responsible for Economy Collapse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQOxr2wBZQ&feature=related

Furthermore, we also want you to CHANGE the Commodities Future Modernization Act of 2000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_Futures_Modernization_Act_of_2000 BACK to where it was before 2000, which since has deregulated energy markets and consequently allowed for such scams as The Enron Loophole; whereas in the early 2000's Enron Corp. was charging 250 bucks plus for a kilowatt hour...They all when to jail for this. But, the Enron loophole is still not closed, for example, allowing speculators to resell barrels of oil over and over again before it reaches the gas station owner. It's basically, legal gambling at our expense. What were those lawmakers thinking then? What are you thinking now? Either do the right think, or you're part of the 1%."

Why are oil prices high? The Enron Loophole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbdtTGYQBMU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNp0y0SjOkY&feature=related

Rolling Stones Reporter: Truth about Goldman Sachs--how they have cornered the markets--basically, The Enron Loophole and the Repeal of Glass-Steagall Act in 1999. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waL5UxScgUw

Let's get focused and bring back Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, they got it right 1933, we don't need to REINVENT the wheel because bringing this Act back will create an even playing field once again....and let's finally Close the Enron Loophole, which allowed Enron to charge what they wanted for energy; they went to jail for this; but no one closed the loophole, why? Re-election Monies from the banks and oil companies! The writing is on the wall.

[-] 1 points by laguy (110) 3 years ago

Absolutely true. See the desperation in the trolls' and agent provocateurs' attempts to prove it ain't so. The tsunami tidal wave of 99% is coming to destroy the house of cards built on divisiveness, fear and fraud built by the 1%.

[-] 1 points by dankpoet (425) 3 years ago

Here, here. Not a moment too soon.

[-] 1 points by therising (6643) 3 years ago

Rock n roll