Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: GOP voter fraud against Ron Paul 2012-Georgia county.mp4

Posted 12 years ago on March 15, 2012, 11:47 a.m. EST by richardkentgates (3269)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I am not a republican nor a Ron Paul supporter. I am posting this because it is an instance of the democratic process being subverted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFJyb5wZV8

On Saturday March 10th, in Athens, GA, the democratic process was trampled on. The Athens-Clarke county GOP met to hold their annual county convention. The convention was held to nominate, approve, and pass slates of delegates to the party's district and state conventions. County chairman Matt Brewster and nominating committee chairman John Elliot blatantly broke the rules of their own party when they improperly, and without a majority, passed delegate slates and adjourned the convention amidst cries for "division", which is a call for a standing head count. With that, many sitting precinct delegates were disenfranchised, and the convention was improperly closed. When warned that their conduct was jeopardizing the status of the delegates and alternates for the entire county, the chair Matt Brewster directed all questions to John Padgett, who is the Secretary of the Georgia State Republican Party. Unfortunately, Mr. Padgett refused to answer questions and fled the scene along with the rest of the local GOP leadership.

Apparently, this is not the first time that the Georgia GOP has alienated Ron Paul supporters. In a March 2011 speech given by Sue Everhart, Chairwoman of the Georgia State GOP, she apologizes to Ron Paul supporters for "shoddy treatment" in 2008. She also admits that pressure from an outside source was the reason that Ron Paul supporters were mistreated. During the same speech, Everhart holds up a copy of the Georgia Republican Party Rules, vowing that such treatment will not happen in the future.

Many of the precinct delegates, who were elected in February at the county's mass precinct meetings, were new to the process and were appalled by the conduct they witnessed. Delegate Gary J. Warenfelt of 5C said, "This is the first time I have ever been actively involved in politics and to see illegal actions taking place in a major U.S. political party is very saddening. They cherry-picked the delegates that they wanted to go to the district and state conventions without following party rules. They did not listen to any voice of opposition and ended the meeting illegally." Fellow delegate Shawn Lewis added, "I personally called for a count of the votes of the ayes versus the nays, and was refused. I was told that the convention was closed, and watched as everyone just up and fled from the scene. I was ignored by the state GOP secretary after we were told that he would answer questions. I'm thoroughly disgusted; this is my first time participating in the process, and I feel violated."

Quoted from the YouTube page

10 Comments

10 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by IDieFree (1) 12 years ago

dude this is not fucking propaganda, why does no one look into evidence anymore wdf is wrong with people these days, dismiss it with out looking into it the evidence, ignorance these days.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Pujete (160) from New York, NY 12 years ago

The Republicans are making a third party run by Paul into a self fulfilling prophesy.
Viewed objectively, and with the long-range goals of the Paulians in mind, there is only one road forward for the movement: the third party route.

Running on a third party ticket would give Paul access to the votes of his natural constituency: the young independents disgusted with both parties who yearn for real change – i.e. a revolution – in Washington. It would give the Old Right remnant in the GOP, which Paul has reawakened from its long sleep, a place to go in November, while also making room for independents, antiwar voters, civil libertarians, disillusioned Obamaites, and other constituencies unlikely to be caught dead voting in a Republican primary.

Polls indicate Paul would get anywhere from 18 percent to 21 percent running as a third party candidate, and the percentage seem to be climbing as the actual election draws nearer. These same polls indicate he would draw two-thirds of his votes from the Republican column, but I don’t think these “drill-down” analyses hold much water: what they leave out is non-voters, new voters, and – most important of all – future events. If the US starts bombing Iran before election day, or, say, we have another economic meltdown, as we did in the winter of 2008, then all bets are off – and the prospect of a Paul victory becomes more than mere wishful thinking.

A Paul third party candidacy would not only open up a prospect that, right now, seems highly unlikely if not impossible – i.e. Ron Paul sitting in the Oval Office – it would also place significant constraints on the other candidates, including President Obama. Faced only with a warmongering Republican, Obama can pretty much do whatever he likes when it comes to provoking, sanctioning, and threatening Iran: after all, antiwar voters have nowhere else to go. With Paul in the race, however, Obama is going to have to be very careful not to lose his left-ish antiwar constituency, which has so far stuck with him as the lesser to the two evils. If and when Obama makes his move against Iran, Paul’s third party campaign will be right there, scarfing up votes from the President’s disillusioned and angry former supporters.

[-] -1 points by craigdangit (326) 12 years ago

Take your Ron Paul propaganda elsewhere, you libertarian troll.

[-] 1 points by richardkentgates (3269) 12 years ago

Generic Reply!

[-] -1 points by reckoning (53) 12 years ago

Didnt u get the memo?? Occupy only supports Obozzo!

[-] 2 points by richardkentgates (3269) 12 years ago

I think it's a stretch to say anyone exercising their freedom of speech and right to assembly is an Obama supporter.

[-] 0 points by reckoning (53) 12 years ago

U are correct they can support Hitler for all i care, but they are dead WRONG!

[-] 2 points by richardkentgates (3269) 12 years ago

about?

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

someone told me republicans were for less government

[-] 1 points by pewestlake (947) from Brooklyn, NY 12 years ago

Whatever that means.