Posted 5 years ago on May 22, 2012, 10:46 p.m. EST by frogmanofborneo
from New York, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Expanding The ConversationIs It Time For Some NEW Tactics and Strategies? ((OCCU-EVOLVE GOES BACK TO LIBERTY PLAZA with 10 Questions For OCCUPY WALL STREET))- PART 1
Liberty Plaza Liberty Plaza New York City, NY 10006
Date/Time Date(s) - Fri. May 25 2012 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location Liberty Plaza Liberty Plaza New York City, NY 10006 Where The TRULY FREE WILL BE!
Contact: sumumba Category:
Action It’s been said that insanity is ‘doing the same thing over yet expecting a DIFFERENT result’. Well because of our work with all Occupies and GA’s in the city as well as other movements, organizations and groups, we at Occu-Evolve would like to start the discussion about the Occupy Wall Street Movement.This will take place at our next work session(meeting) at Liberty Plaza this FRIDAY, where we will pose 10 Questions for OWS and the direction of this movement.
1.With emphasis of ‘shutting the city and or system down’ What will we create in it’s place? And in the long run will it be better?
Is Anarchy the ONLY way to make change or philosophy we should follow?
Does a ‘diversity of tactics’ only include the options of non-violence vs. self-defense?
- Have our ‘Tactics Strategies and Direct Actions’ helped our movement grow? Are we a Mass or Fringe Movement? And if we are a Mass Movement what makes us one?
- Seeing that this is not a Homogeneous country like Greece or Spain-How can consensus be achieved without SHARED values and why did we think consensus among a heterogeneous movement could be achieved without them?
- How can REAL change for this city happen if it’s being planned and organized only BELOW Union Square and by less than 0.1% of the city’s population?
- How can diversity within our movement be achieved when you use terms like ‘people of color’? I mean isn’t that boxing VARIOUS races and cultures based on color?
- Why isn’t community outreach and engagement as important as ‘Direct Action’ or is it?
- How do we address the very real critiques of the Decolonize Movement against Occupy Wall Street?
- Why will some of these questions be considered ‘traitorous’ within OWS and why is a diversity of ideas and strategies marginalized and looked down upon within OWS?
This will only be Part 1 of a ongoing series of meetings, discussions, planning and strategy for our movement. Stay Tuned
For help adding these events to your Google Calendar for easy viewing, saving, and printing, check out the step-by-step guide here.