Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Free Bradley Manning!

Posted 2 years ago on April 20, 2012, 9:51 p.m. EST by freedom4manning (0)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Bradley Manning will be facing a court martial soon for allegedly leaking material to Wikileaks, including the collateral murder video.

Let's show this person support!

http://youtu.be/-JLP8yESboA

12 Comments

12 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by mserfas (652) from Ashland, PA 2 years ago

Lining up to support disclosure of confidential information would be unwise. But common sense deserves a place at the table. Manning did what he did because the military allowed 500,000 people to access a "secret" network and browse whatever they wanted, with no one noticing if a single person read it all. If the security was so lax that we had this man giving secret documents away, is it not possible there were a few others doing the same thing professionally?

The point people need to take home from this is that military secrecy, when necessary, should involve tiny numbers of people with a real need to know. It should never be allowed to degenerate into a knowledge caste system where 1% of the country are deemed worthy to know real, adult things, while the other 99% should be kept in ignorance.

[-] 0 points by Spring12 (25) 2 years ago

He leaked classified military documents, treason.

[-] 1 points by TitusMoans (2451) from Boulder City, NV 2 years ago

You had better look up the definition of treason. He has not committed treason. He may have committed an offense against secrecy acts, most of which are used to hide government offenses.

[-] 1 points by Spring12 (25) 2 years ago

maybe no treason but still very illegal. He hopefully gets a huge punishment.

[-] -3 points by Zombiefighter (-16) from Ione, CA 2 years ago

He should be executed for the filthy traitor he is!

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (25258) from Coon Rapids, MN 2 years ago

Who? Boehner? Yes he and his cronys in office have been either tearing down America and obstructing legislation to correct problems.............But.............well I suppose that is traitorous.

Hhmmmmm... blood thirsty though aren't you?

[-] -2 points by Zombiefighter (-16) from Ione, CA 2 years ago

And that idiot Boehner has to do with what? Are we not talking about Manning here? If you are trying to create a straw man you need to come up with something better.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (25258) from Coon Rapids, MN 2 years ago

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about someone who has hurt the United States - so naturally I thought of some of the repubs in office. I mean Manning is more like a patriotic or at least military whistle blower.

[-] -2 points by Zombiefighter (-16) from Ione, CA 2 years ago

He is a traitor. Admire him all you want. Worship him for all I care. You are a blazing rectal polyp. Gent bent.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (25258) from Coon Rapids, MN 2 years ago

Well - Hey.

Eat shit and bark at the moon.

I'm more concerned with real criminals who have actually hurt millions of people.

So scuse me - SFB.

[-] -2 points by Zombiefighter (-16) from Ione, CA 2 years ago

You reds are on the edge. And your time is coming. Count on it.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (25258) from Coon Rapids, MN 2 years ago

Green as in healthy environment in a healthy world is closer to the truth. But you are free to call it as "YOU" see it. This is still for the moment America and that is one of your rights guaranteed by the Constitution. At least until ALEC and the Koch's and the greedy corrupt corporations and WallStreet succeed in killing it off.

My time is coming? Sorry no my time in the sun is mostly over now. But that is not gonna stop me from trying to leave this world a better place than I found it. I want the kids of today to be able to enjoy their time in the sunshine.