Forum Post: Expectations of change
Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 3, 2011, 11:02 a.m. EST by bwturner1951
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Who would agree on these fundamental changes?
- Pass legislation that strips corporations of their status as 'persons'
- Place strict limits on the amount of money that any corporation may contribute during a campaign cycle.
- Restrict corporate lobbying (buying off) of our elected officials.
- Raise the capital gains tax and establish a minimum corporate tax.
- Pass new tax laws and reform the tax code to prevent U. S. Corporations from sheltering enormous profits in tax haven countries.
- Eliminate the regressive social security and medicate tax by lifting the maximum taxable earnings.
- Apply social security and medicare taxes to capital gains in excess of (fill in the blank)__
Think maybe going to be harder then that. Join the discussion with a general assembly .... the monetary system may need to be changed .. But right now DO NOT permitted the Democratic Party Establishment to co-opt this movement. Obama works for the bankers ...