Posted 5 years ago on Feb. 13, 2013, 10:02 a.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
On a Practical Level,... where should OWS Go? The big Issues that the President of the USA, whoever that might be ... should be the Big Issues for Unions & OWS.
Would like Publicity on many Issues though ...to allow National Debate & Scholarship ... to allow Voters the chance to Discuss with Representatives and Form Coalitions and Grassroots Activism:
1) Retirement Crisis, Savings Interest Rate Crisis, Pension Loss Trend
2) Lack of GMO Lables, spread of GMO Food, Monolopies Set up by Monsanto
3) Jobs Flight
4) Capital Flight
5) Executives Loss of Citizenship and Allegiance to the USA.
6) Tax Avoidance, Tax Lobby, Tax rate declines due to Tax Loopholes, Tax Abatements,
7) Corporate Welfare, Corporate Subsidies, Public Private Partnerhips, Shifting of RIsk to Taxpayers & Government by Private Corporations
8) Lack of Industrial Vision, Vision for a Place for US Workers, Loss of Worker Wages & Benefits, Lack of Investment in R&D in the USA to create Spinoff Jobs in areas of New Technology, Lack of Policies to Develope proper environment for Small Businesses in the USA, Policy of importing tech workers to the most advanced country in the world, Policy of Low to Free Interest Rates for TBTF Banks while no money is investing in Small Businesses or production of any new products.
9) Policy of Low Interest Rates & Continual Bailout for the banks that caused the biggest Global Economic Crisis in the World, while permitting them to act in corrupt ways like Liberal Banking Practices, Paying bonuses to employees for gambling, incentivising casino type activities, disencentives for real investment in real businesses.... Creation of Criminogenic environment as Bill K. Black says....
10) Flight of Wealthy from USA, Non-Citizens Avoid Taxes, but eventually leave the Country Morally & Ethically just like their money, eventually their houses, they buy Compounds in Paraguay to live out their Days of Retirement, Eventually when all Finanical Structures and Business Structures have been corrupted ... they will leave for Vactation and Never come back to the USA. This is what happens when our Expert Risk Assessment Icons become Traitors to the USA.
11) US Risk Assessment Experts become Traitors to the USA. Independent Auditing Agencies, US Ratings Agencies, US Government Econmists, US Government Bankers, US Federal Reserve Bankers, US Politicians, US Financial Regulators including CFTC, SEC, FTC, OCC, FDIC, NCUA, Treasury, DOJ, FBI,... and TBTF Wall Street Banks, WTO, GAAT, IMF, WB, & UN. Oh, Don't forget the "US MEDIA SHILLS".
12) Systemic Reduction of US Worker Wages, Benefits, and Retirement Security through private Pension Funds & Retirement Funds which get destroyed through LBOs, Business Mergers, or Business Bancrupcy through Leveraging Debt to where significant institution sinks under the total debt burden. This also brings pressure to the Social Safety Net Programs which are healthy through Trusts set up through employment taxes. The fact is that Executives may get bonuses & promotions for collapsing a business or a bank through the Incentives Provided.
13) Lose of Free Media, Capitalism's Effect on Media, Access to Government Officials depends on reputation, the Specific Media Organization, Ass-Kissy-ness, ... Loss of any semblance of "Real Investigations in the USA", ... Loss of Investigatory Staff at CNN, Foxnews, etc, .... Systematic Marginalization of Lone Voices like those who were against the Iraqi War ... Marginalization of Voices like Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, Barney Franks, Dennis Kucinovich, ... and Even Ross Perot who Predicted Capital Flight 20 years ago.
14) Loss of democracy, Loss of Free Presidential debates, Loss of Open Agendas for Presidential Debates, Loss of Safe Spaces for Democracy, Loss of Places to Execise the Right of Free Speach, Loss of the RIght to Free Speach on Capital Steps and on Public Side Walks, Systematic oppression of Third Party Candidates through the Support of Money as a Power to Drowned Out Ideas, Systematic Oppression through Prevention of Competition of Ideas in Elections because of the Power of Money and Enabled through Government Regulators. Oppression through Advertising Dollars and TV Air Time because of Campaign Rules, Soft Money Rules, 501(c) Organizations, PACs, and through Lobby Dollars and Gift Giving in the US Congress. The End or Limitation of democracy in the USA.