Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Dump Your Bank Day Tuesday November 8th 2011

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 11, 2011, 6:29 p.m. EST by weenk (16)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Dump Your Bank Day. Imagine all Occupy supporters going down to close their bank accounts and open up credit union accounts on the same day.

Dump Your Bank Day!!! Tuesday November 8th.

We are unhappy with banks, their policies, their profits, their bailouts, lets do more than talk about it, protest about it, let's DO something about it.

Let's have Dump Your Bank Day on what would be "election day" ... First Tuesday after the first Monday in November... TUESDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2011.

What better way to send a message to our elected officials?

Those of us who already have credit unions will show our support by marching in the Financial District and/or holding signs near local credit unions that say "We Dumped Our Bank Today"

11 Comments

11 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by spflhome (41) 12 years ago

Click the following link and start a campaign to get millions to sign it...Thanks.

http://www.change.org/petitions/members-of-congress-and-senators-fix-the-economy-and-balance-the-budget-now?pe=d4e

[-] 1 points by TheCloser (200) 12 years ago

I love dump your bank day! A national holiday, indeed!

[-] 1 points by CocoOccupyHere (1) 12 years ago

I hope we can have another day after this. I could not get all of my online banking switched and had only stayed with BOA to get help from them with needed to help close my Mom's estate. I think I can do that now. Maybe it is something we can coordinate to continue and schedule accordingly and as long as it proves relevant.

[-] 1 points by DebiBennett (2) 12 years ago

Official Bank Transfer Day is Saturday November 5, what's the difference between Dump your Bank and transfer from your bank...?

[-] 1 points by DebiBennett (2) 12 years ago

Official Bank Transfer Day is Saturday November 5, what's the difference between Dump your Bank and transfer from your bank...?

[-] 1 points by equazcion (688) from New York, NY 12 years ago

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=281139538577206

Different event, similar goals, already has over 20,000 participants.

[-] 1 points by weenk (16) 12 years ago

No FB page for this event. Hope that this is something that the folks at OWS will run with. Schedule it as an event of their own. Communicate w/ groups across the country to do the same. make it a national Occupy event.

[-] 1 points by weenk (16) 12 years ago

Lets make this happen in every Occupy movement across the entire USA!

[-] 1 points by varg (5) from Bellingham, WA 12 years ago

Is there a Facebook page for this event? Get it out on social media!

[-] 0 points by oldfatrobby (129) 12 years ago

OWSers have no money.

Banks would love to dump them if they do have accounts.