Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Drummers at OWS General Assembly Demand $8000 from General Assembly

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 21, 2011, 6:09 p.m. EST by PolkaDot (121) from Manhasset, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

http://gothamist.com/2011/10/21/drummers_at_occupy_wall_street_dema.php

Last night's General Assembly meeting in Zuccotti Park was "one of most contentious ever," in large part due to a heated debate over whether the drummers at Occupy Wall Street should be given $8,000 from the movement's coffers to buy more drums and equipment. It seems some of the drums were stolen or vandalized, and the drummers asked the General Assembly to help them regroup. "We have worked for you! Appreciate us," one drummer told the crowd, but the appeal was denied, and the Huff Post's Craig Kanalley tweeted, "Drummer who didn't get money from GA tonight now yelling, cursing at members of GA."

8 Comments

8 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by pissedoffconstructionworker (602) 12 years ago

If it were up to me, I'd have those annoying drummers strung up by their heels.

[-] 1 points by omniscientfool (84) 12 years ago

Sorry but the drummers drive me absolutely crazy. I can take it for a hour or so but then it is like nails on a chalk board

[-] 1 points by PolkaDot (121) from Manhasset, NY 12 years ago

People sleep peaceably in their homes at night only because rough men stand ready to do a totally wicked awesome drum solo on their behalf.

[-] 1 points by omniscientfool (84) 12 years ago

Lmao. I get migraines, so that is the main factor for me

[-] 1 points by PolkaDot (121) from Manhasset, NY 12 years ago

Clearly, the occupation's leadership has become corrupt with power, and the drummer faction should promptly engage in a bloody coup so as to ensure the occupation's resources are directed where most needed.

[-] 1 points by gawdoftruth (3698) from Santa Barbara, CA 12 years ago

as i have stated, without a wiki and sub forums ows will fragment into affinity groups.