Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Donald Rumsfeld files reveal Pre-9/11 focus on Iraq

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 11, 2011, 9:09 a.m. EST by theaveng (602)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Thousands of documents reveal an early focus on Iraq, even before 9/11, and planned to launch a war against Iraq mere the same day as towers were attacked. “Think of what happened after 9/11, the minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat,” Congressman Paul said. “That’s exactly what they’re doing now with Iran.”

While the nation reacted with shock and horror at the devastation and destruction, George W. Bush himself gloated to his budget director, Mitch Daniels, “Lucky me–I hit the trifecta!” and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld began issuing rapid orders: “Hard to get good case. Need to move swiftly,” the notes state. “Near term target needs – go massive – sweep it all up, things related and not.”

ARTICLE - http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/08/donald-rumsfeld-files-reveal-pre-9-11-focus-on-iraq/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

21 Comments

21 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 6 points by randart (498) 12 years ago

Rumsfeld was working for a chemical company that sold the ingredients for weapons of mass destruction to Iraq long before he was in politics with Bush and Cheney. There are photos of him shaking hands with Saddam Hussein as the chemical deal was made. He was the guy who helped gas the Kurds through his role in selling the materials for making the gas.

That is why Rumsfeld was SO sure that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, he sold them to him.

[-] 2 points by theaveng (602) 12 years ago

So where did the WMDs disappear to?

They never existed. Just like Iran's nukes do not exist (but we'll probably justify it to go to war anyway).

[-] 3 points by randart (498) 12 years ago

I agree. The weapons never existed. Chemicals can be used in many different ways besides instruments of death.

The on-the ground-inspectors were able to look everywhere but Bush and Cheney wanted an excuse to get the oil so they extracted the inspectors and began to bomb. I especially liked the artist sketches of the factories that were being used in the manufacture of said weapons. That was enough to sell it to congress. Colin Powell lost all honor and credibility when he went before congress with cartoons of weapons of mass destruction and "proof" of yellow cake uranium being bought, which turned out to be false.

[-] -2 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

[-] 2 points by XXAnonymouSXX (455) 12 years ago

Here you go again Trashy. What does this post have to do with conspiracy? It has a link to aol story. This is info that rummy put out himself yet mr cyber police thinks its his duty to destroy peoples threads. You are really a waste of a brain. You are hopeless. Get a life frenchy. No one wants you here. You bring the vibe of the whole forum to a new low.

[-] -1 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

You don't like fashion?

[-] 1 points by XXAnonymouSXX (455) 12 years ago

Not really. Its more for the gay men. And that's not a conspiracy theory. Its a fact!

[-] 0 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

A lot of gays like fashion. That's true. I'm straight, but I love all the arts. I studied classical music. Most of my artist friends are gay. They are great people. I always preferred hanging out with them and discussing art, fashion, philosophy, and opera as opposed to hanging out with my straight friends and watching soccer with a few beers. I think most straight guys are really boring and simple minded.

Fashion is extremely interesting. You should check out the scene. I'm sure you'd find something you like. You don't have to be homophobic, some straight guys like fashion. I'm the proof.

[-] 3 points by Fluke (47) from Örebro, Örebro Län 12 years ago

Totally uncontroversial.

[-] 3 points by theaveng (602) 12 years ago

The controversy is that we never should have wasted 1/2 a trillion fighting in Iraq. Clearly the 9/11 attack was simply used as a pretense for President Bush to act aggressively.

[-] 1 points by raz (32) 12 years ago

You know it had nothing to do with WMDs, bush was trying to finish the job his father did not have the balls to finish the first time.

[-] 1 points by raz (32) 12 years ago

Hey thanks for the link, its about time the crimes of bush and company see the light of day. You have to love the reaction by the trolls, this one hits them where it hurts. But just drive your heads further into the sand trolls, I would hope the trolls are at least getting paid to spend that much time on a OWS forum trying to disrupt the site,lol. But the truth is getting out and trolling around here not going to stop it.

[-] -2 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

This is the perfect post to talk about Patrick Mohr's 2010 fashion show. What is fashion? Is it art? These are the important questions we must ask ourselves. What do you think?

[-] -3 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

This is the perfect post to talk about Patrick Mohr's 2010 fashion show. What is fashion? Is it art? These are the important questions we must ask ourselves. What do you think?

[+] -4 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

[+] -4 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

[-] 0 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

I really can't decide whether it's art or fashion. But nothing like that is going to find its way into my closet! So I suppose I'd have to choose art. As fashion, its pretty dramatic. I would think that might appeal to some of the more radical elements in OWS.

And nobody has hair. Hmmmm. Interesting. I think that is a symbolic way of showing equality. Very non-hierarchical like. But what's with the dude and the blue hair? I think he got kicked out of the commune for having the crazy hair.

Seriously, is that some sort of anarchist symbol in the backround of the last picture??

[-] 2 points by XXAnonymouSXX (455) 12 years ago

Oh look its thrashy's groupie. Follow and suck. Follow and suck.

[-] 1 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

Whatever.

[-] -1 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

The last picture shows the designer. I can't find a picture with the full background. Not sure what that symbol is.

There's definitely something about blurring the gender to create equality between the men and women. I think it has a strong Japanese influence.

Not too sure what the blue hair is about.

[-] 1 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

How about all the black and red. I think it has an anarchist influence. And those people do not look very happy about it. Then again, I wouldn't be happy either if I was bald and had facial hair. How come the women have to be made to look like the men and not the other way around. The more I think about it, blue guy is the most normal one.