Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Doing Some Good

Posted 2 years ago on April 10, 2012, 11:53 a.m. EST by Watercowboy (2)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The way that the 10% controls the 90% is by keeping the majority of the people content enough so that they don't care to vote. One way to get people to vote is to provide an incentive for people to vote.

e.g. The IRS allows a person to claim a personal exemption for themselve. If you changed the rules and allowed the personal exemtion only if the person voted, you would get a lot more people voting.

The point here is that you need to be specific in your protest in order to get something done. Focus on ways to get the people to vote on issues which change the rules that allow the 10% to control the other 90%.

3 Comments

3 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Watercowboy (2) 2 years ago

I LOVE that idea! Rational thinking gets results.

[-] 2 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 2 years ago

I like that idea. Sounds way more effective than the traditional voter registration drive. I would also support a general tax break for everyone that votes. Call it the "participation in democracy tax credit."

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 2 years ago

When the idtiot masses will only vote for a party/person that they see on TV, it doesnt matter.