Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: DHS wants 7,000 "Assault Weapons" for "personal defense"..

Posted 11 years ago on Jan. 28, 2013, 2:40 a.m. EST by chuckuschumer (-366)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The Department of Homeland Security is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” (PDW) — also known as “assault weapons” when owned by civilians. The solicitation, originally posted on June 7, 2012, comes to light as the Obama administration is calling for a ban on semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines.

Citing a General Service Administration (GSA) request for proposal (RFP), Steve McGough of RadioViceOnline.com reports that DHS is asking for the 7,000 “select-fire” firearms because they are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.” The term select-fire means the weapon can be both semi-automatic and automatic. Civilians are prohibited from obtaining these kinds of weapons.

The RFP describes the firearm as “Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) – 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.” Additionally, DHS is asking for 30 round magazines that “have a capacity to hold thirty (30) 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.”

In other words: Big Sis want's DHS to go fully auto with 7,000 new "Assault Weapons" AR-15's + 30 round magazines for so-called "PDW" (personal defense weapons) while her Boss, Barack Obama and Company is in the process of telling Americans "that nobody needs an "Assault Weapon" AR-15 for anything other then killing" and "nobody needs anymore then 7 to 10 rounds for personal defense" while at the same time trying to confiscate AR-15's from law abiding American citizens.

What part of this simple example of Government power grabbing tyranny do any OWS people not get?

95 Comments

95 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]

[-] -2 points by chuckuschumer (-366) 11 years ago

"I'd love a whole crate of select fire personal defense weapons - but that doesn't mean I want anyone else to have them . . . hehehe"

Expressed like a true politician. Could you be just another greedy Democrat? You know,..."do as I say,not as I do".

[Removed]

[-] -2 points by chuckuschumer (-366) 11 years ago

" I'm an extreme leftist."

Nothing further needs to said.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by chuckuschumer (-366) 11 years ago

You first.

[-] 3 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Hmmm, jon doe requests 7,000 assault weapons for public defense.

This could result in civil war, but then, those in power are Germans, so whatever.

[-] 2 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

Calling them Germans is being too politically correct. I think you mean another faction, that just happen to be German by birth.

You're right. It's the Third Reich again.

They never lost sight of the goalposts.

Just had to rearrange the team is all.

Oh yeah. We learned a whole lot more from the, ahem, 'Germans' than rocket science. A whole lot more. I'd be interested in doing some genealogical research into some of the guys in power right now (I don't mean Obama). There may be a few surprises up some of those family trees.

[-] 2 points by Middleaged (5140) 11 years ago

Germany Develops an Industrial Banking System, about how the Germans were State of the art in terms of Financial Management in the 1930s out of necessity. Other countries banks were making big dividends off of business loans or factories. The Germans realized that if the bank took a smaller dividend, then they could reinvest the capital and expand the business/production.

Here it is, you have to scroll down: Germany Develops an Industrial Banking System

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article30367.htm (Michael Hudson, article: Banks Weren’t Meant to Be Like This)

This is just something popped up in my search, but is good contrast:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/20/us-usa-holder-mortgage-idUSTRE80J0PH20120120

Anyway, I like to think the USA took back German Finance managers to operate in the USA to finance their "Stay Behind Army in Europe" and the CIA in General.... Corrupted from 1943.

VERY interesting. I'll definitely check out those links. ICH never ceases to deliver.

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

I just got done reading that Reuters article. That sure does explain a whole lot, doesn't it? We may just have about the most corrupt government in US history.

[-] 1 points by Middleaged (5140) 11 years ago

Yep, it is totally blatant. The "See No Evil" Administration.

[-] 1 points by DSamms (-294) 11 years ago

What? That members of their families were Nazi sympathizers or did business with the Reich before Hitler's declaration war?

[-] 5 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

No, I'm talking post-war. It's common knowledge that we brought boatloads of scientists over here after the war, but the focus has always been on their assistance with the development of rockets, and almost exclusively in how it helped us get to the moon. What's downplayed is the weapons aspect, including that same rocket technology (which led to the ICBM) as well as jet engine technology, ballistics, etc. It's my understanding the Germans were arguably the best engineers on the planet during the first half of the 20th century and we learned quite a bit from them. Then there's what we learned from them in regards to population control and propaganda.

[-] 2 points by frovikleka (2563) from Island Heights, NJ 11 years ago

When i was a kid working at a fruit cannery in Australia, all the machines that i knew of there were made in Germany. They (the Germans) give a lot of support to mid-size companies. The German word for it is Mittelstand, and they work very closely with universties, and trade schools, and unlike here where quarterly profits rule, they make investments for the longer term. To top it off, these companies are usually privately owned, and are based in rural communities.

Compare all that to here. Typically when a company's assets in OUR country are worth more than the short term profits, they are bought off by vulture capitalists like Romney's Bain, and sent off to China...leaving their employees unemployed. But don't dare say that we should initiate any of those European practices, because then you will be accused of being anti-American, or some bs.

~Odin~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelstand

Informative comment, Odin. Your life experiences have taught you much, I see. I'll check out that link before retiring for the night, which I'm about to do.

Talk to you tomorrow probably.

[-] 2 points by frovikleka (2563) from Island Heights, NJ 11 years ago

Thanks, i learned about the Mittelstand about a year or so ago, and read several articles on it. I believe Germany also has the most productive work-force in the world.

While working at the cannery though, i did not work on the fancy German machines. Rather, they put all the big lugs like me where all the fruit came into the plant, fresh from the orchards. It worked out well though, as I was always able to pick out the 'choice' pieces of fruit for the lunches I shared with my girlfriend outside. That NZ girl could not help, but fall in love with me then. All this showiing it's amazing how a woman responds to a perfect peach! ;-) ut...oh, I hope GF isn't around..lol

~Odin~

[-] 2 points by inclusionman (7064) 11 years ago

I believe all the regimes/secret police we set up (Iran, South America) were with "manuals" created by/with Nazi's we brought over. So, many of our mistakes began back then and come out of the most extremist right wing regime in recent time (maybe all history)

From below. Ran out of reply buttons, so I figured I'd jump up here.

"Do you have insight into any other Occupations.?"

Unfortunately, no. From what I've seen about OccupySTL, not much is going on here, unfortunately. I think it would very insightful to get a better idea of how that one study compares to Occupy numbers nationwide. If it's a similar demographic, it gives us a good idea of who we need to reach out to.

For example, my nephew was riding home on the bus last week and, although I'm not sure how the conversation started, he was telling some of the passengers about Obama signing the 'Indefinite Detention' bill. My nephew didn't know the details of the bill, basically saying "you can be locked up without trial indefinitely" and mentioned Obama signed it, but I was surprised to hear him tell me that none of his fellow riders were aware of NDAA. For the record, considering where my nephew was, it's safe for me to say the overwhelming majority of the riders were lower income and probably at least half minorities.

I get the impression that a lot of lower income people are so focused on the day to day survival, they probably aren't paying a lot of attention to these bigger pictures. It's also a bit sad that, of all the younger people I've come into contact with around here, relatives and friends of theirs, none of them know anything about OWS-related issues. In fact, most haven't heard of OWS until I told them about it.

We have a lot of people we need to reach/educate.

[-] 1 points by inclusionman (7064) 11 years ago

Well that is interesting. Good to have a young family member aware of the political issues we face. I'm sure you had something to do with that.

In so far as who we should reach out to I would say that the people who are still comfortable, and in denial as to whether the economic problems can hurt them. The middle class suburbanites must be convinced/converted.

The poorest are people who thoroughly appreciate the economic inequities of our system that Occupy has been fighting to correct from the beginning. I am in contact with the poorest among us and they seem well informed, with a healthy sense ofskeptisism of media/govt.

It is the middle class suburbanite who convinces themselves to believe the hype in the msm. We must reach them. If we do, game over. the whole house of cards come tumbling down.

Actually my nephew is 51, a couple years younger than me. And yeah, he gets his info from me, but the fact that he's helping spread the word is what counts. And you're probably correct that the middle class suburbanite should be a prime target because they may not be as affected as much as poor urban-dwellers. Not yet anyway.

And a lot of the younger crowd need to be reached because, at least from the small slice I've been around, they just don't seem to care. They seem more interested in mindless entertainment than social issues. Which isn't surprising really. When I was in my teens and early twenties my main focus was working and partying, not necessarily in that order, heheheh.

[-] 1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Do you know any sites where it breaks down official classes by tax rates, and figures out the sizes in proporation to the whole, to see if the middle class is actually shrinking or not?

I wouldn't have, but I'm sure that info is out there somewhere. You keep hearing about the shrinking middle class, I'd like to see some numbers. I wonder if FRED would have some charts?

Many young people are distracted by the bread & circuses of our socity but don't forget it was in fact young people who started OWs and therefore have started the process of changing the country & the world. So that is some young people who put down the game boy.

It definitely depends on where you live, I'm sure. St. Louis doesn't seem too progressive to me, that's probably part of the problem around here. But then I don't get out as much as I should, so my experiences might not reflect the city as a whole. The OccupySTL website seems pretty dead though, last time I looked. Of course, I must claim part of the responsibility since I don't spend any time there. But, truth be told, I'm not a big fan of this town and if I could afford to move, I'd be packing my bags right now.

St Louis is one of those cities where people who were able to fled. I'm sure the poorest people who couldn't flee would support the improvements that Occupy agitates for. Good luck. Where would you go.?

Yeah, a lot of people left in the late 60's on.

Where would I move to? Depends on how much money I had. If I had a little, I'd move onto some land, maybe an hour or so away. If I had more money I'd probably move west. If I had a lot of money, I'd consider moving out of the fucking country, maybe Ireland.

Ireland is beautiful country. We would miss you since we need as many informed citizens as possible.

You may be absolutely correct. Given what I've learned about the Nazis (I'm no expert, by the way. Far from it) it sure seems like we've slowly become more and more like them since the end of WWII. At the very least, we took what they had and added it to our own ideas.

I kinda think only a portion of our country may fit that description, but of course there is another portion that is quite the opposite. Occupy, and many progressive groups/people would be the evidence I'd offer.

"Ireland is beautiful country. We would miss you since we need as many informed citizens as possible."

Thanks, man, that's much appreciated. But I won't be going anywhere any time soon. And if I did get out of town, the best I could hope for would be some acreage somewhere in the States, so I'd still be here. Just not here. heheheh.

I understand. Just saying. you're needed. And together we may improve things for all of the 99%. Idealistic I know. but gotta have hope.

Oh yeah. But there is hope, nothing's written in stone. Sometimes, when I read some of the things I come across, about how entrenched and widespread their power is, and how long it's been going on, I tend to think it's pretty hopeless. But you have to avoid such negativity and do the best you can. And even small improvements are still improvements. You never know, at some point things may snowball and we'll see real change. Small changes have been happening lately, so we're moving in the right direction, I think.

That's right. believe it or not until we get money out of politics we will probably only get small successes, slow progress, and setbacks as well. TPTB have so much power/control that we must accept all progress and build on it. We cannot be discouraged.

Agree completely. Money out of politics is definitely at the top of the list. It'll be tough, but until that's done, it'll be slow progress indeed. At least on the political front. I'm of the school of thought that change has to happen from both ends. From the top, politically, and from the bottom, individually. An example of politically would be money out, obviously. An example of individually would be boycott Walmart, for example. I've always looked at the bigger picture, that the problems in this country span a whole range from politics to mindless consumerism. I believe it's just as important to "starve the beast" as it is to get involved politically. We have to send a message to the corporations as well as the politicians, especially since they're so intertwined.

Yep, but unfortunately the portion that fits that description is the portion in charge. It needs to be the opposite. We'll have to work on that.

Agreed. And so we are. I read where 40 new progressives were elected last cycle. Not so meaningful until we get money out of politics but better than electing more of the other portion.

From below:

"I saw it at an early encampment at Zuccotti and was reminded when I saw it in a report of what type of people make up OWS? Did you see that report.?"

I don't remember if I did or not. How old's that report? Got a link?

I think it was created late last year. but released recently.

http://ht.ly/he6Ea

Let me know if you can read it.

Here's huff post art with the link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/occupy-wall-street-report_n_2574788.html

The first link worked fine. I've saved it so I can read it off-line when I get the chance. Thanks.

Edit: Just read the HuffPost piece. Considering it only surveyed people at one NYC May Day rally, how accurate is it in regards to the movement as a whole? Probably not much, I would think. I wonder what the numbers would show if someone did a much wider study?

I think that is a valuable, good idea, I have only been to the NYC demonstrations/encampments.

The May day rally was one of the largest in the whole nation. So the most interesting bit of info is who is being drawn on that one time event.

The vast majority of the 10's of thousands were not hard core occupiers. I suppose the study surveyed hard core occupiers as well but that rally was the realization that many regular average people supported these hard core occupiers and their message/agenda of income equity, healthcare for all, fair taxes, and so on. I believe it scared some non occupiers.

I think the smaller occupations would reflect a similar demographic but would be very interested to see a study on other Occupations. I also think the rate of employed, level of education is easily similar, but agree a study would not be identical and would be interesting and valuable.

Do you have insight into any other Occupations.?

It's definitely a good start, that's for sure. A small step here, a small step there. An ongoing process that will take some time, but well worth it in the end.

I think the eventual success will not happen in my lifetime. But things will be better for my child. I will have to be satisfied with small success, & slow progress.

[-] 3 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

I have to agree with you there, I'm not getting any younger myself. So, for a lot of us, it's definitely for the kids and grandkids.

By the way, I caught this in another thread a couple minutes ago. In one of your comments, I think:

"Goodbye Capitalism, It's us, not you. Just kidding, It's you." OWS sign

That needs to be on a t-shirt!

I saw it at an early encampment at Zuccotti and was reminded when I saw it in a report of what type of people make up OWS? Did you see that report.?

[-] 1 points by Theeighthpieceuv8 (-32) from Seven Sisters, Wales 11 years ago

We've learned far more than that; many of today's American doctors and scientists are, in fact, German. They are simply are far more analytical people.

Good point. They excelled in a lot of ways prior to WWII. In fact, had they chose someone who actually knew something about war strategy, they may have actually succeeded. Who did they choose? A pissed-off corporal! He may have been a good politician but he sucked at war.

[-] 1 points by Theeighthpieceuv8 (-32) from Seven Sisters, Wales 11 years ago

They didn't choose Hitler; he was politically appointed. And they didn't just excel before the war - they are excelling now - both in Europe and in this country.

Appointed, true. I just meant he sucked at war. Refused to listen to his generals most the time, and the culture of fear meant they'd just as soon tell him what they thought he wanted to hear rather than tell the truth and risk getting shot. How are you going to win a war if you're not getting accurate info from the front. The list goes on.

Second point well-taken as well.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Start with the British royal family.

All Germans except for Phillip, who is Belgian.

Interesting. And if you went back a bit further, you'd find a connection there as well. The Franks.

"jon doe"???

You mean Janet Incompatano,she's the li'l Hitler that's behind this (besides Heir Furor Obama).

Good point: "This could result in civil war," Seems like a great motivator to pass these national gun bans so quickly,... right???

Martial law anybody??

There's a change in the air.

I can smell it coming.

[-] 2 points by GirlFriday (17435) 11 years ago

I've thought about this for a bit. I think this sucks. You are one of the few people that I am willing to listen to 100% of the time, even if I disagree with you 15% of that time. It just sucks.

[-] 2 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Well thanks GF.

While it's nice to have sound evidence behind every theory, sometimes we just need to follow our insticts/prescience/intuition, and see where it takes us.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

I think the wind shifted and chucky may not have bathed in a while. Some peoples funk can have real unsettling qualities. Could that be it?

Chucky can ride the camel.

We're going in on the hoverboards for sure.

I'm talking civil war, DKA.

The time for civil disobedience is coming to a close for mine.

[-] 2 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

What, you're advocating civil war in America while living in Tazmania?

Wow, what a man! And when the dust settles and a hundred million are dead, you will what, smile? Maybe you'll run the world?

Fuck you, "Bulider."

Hmmm, I thought the hoverboards quip would have been a clue, GK.

I don't think the American people are up for any kind of organised coup. '

What say you?

[-] 1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Rome was the greatest empire the world had ever seen. Brought all sorts of neat goodies to all sorts of people. Got greedy, and then fell.

After they fell, came the Dark Ages. No one would have ever expected that humanity could go backwards during the days of Rome. Well, it did. Big time.

[-] 1 points by Middleaged (5140) 11 years ago

Rome was a destroyer of Books and History. Probably we went into dark age since there weren't any books around, ... well, probably not much money around or wealth either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_libraries_in_the_ancient_world

I was going to make the point that there are holes in our history & our Science. We only seem to have been taught like 2000 years of history, but we have older writing, documents. We don't get much Asian history. Heard about the Pre-Columbian Copper mines in Michigan? Heard about Gold Mines in South Africa, Copper mines in Australia, Heard the Roots of English Language go back to the Indus Valley in India? Heard there is proof of 60 batteries... The first written documents, from around 3,500 BC, are receipts and lists of items from Sumeria... I don't know history, but from what I have heard Sumeria had all the things we have in our Institutions today, but there is no proof of computers and cars or steam engines.

The Vinča culture, also known as Turdaș culture or Turdaș-Vinča culture, is the oldest Neolithic culture in South-eastern Europe, dated to the period 5,500–4,500 BC. They might have the oldest script... towns with a considerable concentration of population, temples several stories high, a sacred script, spacious houses of four or five rooms, professional ceramicists, weavers, copper and gold metallurgists, and other artisans producing a range of sophisticated goods. A flourishing network of trade routes existed that circulated items such as obsidian, shells, marble, copper, and salt over hundreds of kilometres.

But as you can guess, many conquering armies or barbarian hordes destroyed everything when they were the victors... Just like the Romans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

Genghis Khan In the Middle East and Iran, he is almost universally looked on as a destructive and genocidal warlord who caused enormous damage and destruction to the population of these areas.[51] Steven R. Ward wrote that "Overall, the Mongol violence and depredations killed up to three-fourths of the population of the Iranian Plateau, possibly 10 to 15 million people .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan#Negative

Alexander was used by these writers as an example of ruler values such as amicita (friendship) and clementia (clemency), but also iracundia (anger) and cupiditas gloriae (over-desire for glory).[215]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great#Influence_on_Rome

Alexander features prominently in modern Greek folklore, more so than any other ancient figure.[220] The colloquial form of his name in modern Greek ("O Megalexandros") is a household name,

In pre-Islamic Persian (Zoroastrian) literature, Alexander is referred to by the epithet "gojastak", meaning "accursed", and is accused of destroying temples and burning the sacred texts of Zoroastrianism.[221

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_the_Great (no one knows about Yu, but maybe he didn't start wars to build an empire...?)

Hm... maybe the first records of Guerrilla warfare by Gutians. The Gutians practiced hit-and-run tactics, and would be long gone by the time regular troops could arrive to deal with the situation. Their raids crippled the economy of Sumer. Travel became unsafe, as did work in the fields, resulting in famine. Gutian invaders, illiterate and nomadic people, their rule was not conducive to agriculture, nor record-keeping, and by the time they were expelled, the region was crippled by severe famine and skyrocketing grain prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutian_dynasty_of_Sumer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Dynasty_of_Ur

Ur-Nammu (or Ur-Namma, Ur-Engur, Ur-Gur, ca. 2112-2095 BC short chronology) founded the Sumerian 3rd dynasty of Ur, in southern Mesopotamia, following several centuries of Akkadian and Gutian rule. His main achievement was state-building, and Ur-Nammu is chiefly remembered today for his legal code, the Code of Ur-Nammu, the oldest known surviving example in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur-Nammu

Similar to Hammurabi Law, codes of law were created in several nearby civilizations, including the earlier Mesopotamian examples of Ur-Nammu's code, Laws of Eshnunna, and Code of Lipit-Ishtar, and the later Hittite code of laws.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammurabi#Code_of_laws (1st Babylonian Empire) Parallels between this narrative and the giving of laws by God in Jewish tradition to Moses and similarities between the two legal codes suggest a common ancestor in the Semitic background of the two.

How do we judge an Empire? Biggest Territory... Longest Rein... Both? Creating Laws... Creating culture that is adopted around the world ... creating things that are valued around the world hundereds of years after the empire is gone? Having stone work left after the empire is destoryed...

Looks like Rome goes to the top, but I think we lost a lot of our history... We have a lot of holes in our history. I think some families might actually work to keep technology and familiy culture hidden within the family. Hidden Dynasties.

Wonder if it is possible that Ocean Traders that Speak many languages can run an invisible empire, a great banking empire, a great technology and education institution by scouring the globle.... would they call that a Tong, Cartel, Zaibatsu, Keiretsu, Chaebol, Private Bank, Trust, Hong, Sogo shosha, investment bank

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Armed revolution in The USA would be the most couter-productive blood bath in history, and the world would emerge from it, if at all, in a dark age that would last probably in perpetuity.

So say I.

It doesn't seem to me like a topic for humor, and I don't like these kind of threads, they are at best a pointless diversion, at most a positive hindrence to any serious effort here. This shit's just juvenile.

[-] 0 points by Theeighthpieceuv8 (-32) from Seven Sisters, Wales 11 years ago

That is a relatively juvenile statement - those in power today are not men of any moral conviction or allegiance; take but a handful and American government everywhere will fold.

[-] -1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Agreed. It's all speculation.

I avoided the gist of all the gun "debates" here. (ask DKA)

But for over a week, maybe two, the only way to get any kind of response on this forum was to join in. Tongue-in-cheek, hence the hoverboards quip.

[-] 2 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

All right. I've been out of the loop here for awhile, but I think regardless of the fate of this forum, it is up to us to preserve our dignity and the justice and seriousness of our aims.

My patience has for quite awhile been strained by the degeneration of the tone here. These are serious matters - if people want to play they can get a video game.

Sorry, but I'm getting cranky in my premature old age.

It's difficult to maintain a patient attitude.

I've made lots of suggestion on this forum over the time I've been here, and things seem to actually be going in a circular motion, which is really hard on the patience level, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

Very well, I think we understand each other.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Civil war in the US of A ? or In Australia? Either way - the military had best show up in support of the people.

I would have thought they'd be there to take a squiz at the hoverboards.

They would be supplying them - developed from some of that tech kept hidden at area 51

Do you support the Government or the people??

It's never clear with you.

Sorry you are so befuddled. I support the People - always have.

[-] -3 points by auargent (-600) 11 years ago

ows is an arm of the dem/lib/progressive party. they shill for the govt.homeland security purchasing billions of rounds of ammo? no problem, dhs buying up guns? no problem. dems threatening gun confiscation from citzens? ( violation of the 2nd amendment) no problem.

[-] 1 points by gsw (3410) from Woodbridge Township, NJ 11 years ago

No. Actually They are Independent, a herd of independant cats, an equal opportunity critic of whomever deserves verbal rebuke.

Dems have there own thing and most here would not go there as a first instinct.

Drones and banksters of any party will be debunked.

Most would rather not have any party, just issues. Maybe not even representatives with more power than any ol guy in the street.

S Court says its ok to ban some particular weapons, just not all arms....as long as they leave you some arms, (thats where well regulated comes in). Congress can make a short list.

That's what americans want, and I hope they have the balls to do it soon. http://cognoscenti.wbur.org/2013/01/23/guns-congress-newtown-ed-fouhy

You cant have every arm invented, past or present.

There can be a weapon ban list. You can't own grenades, etc. get over it.

Wrap your little brain around that....

We shill for homeland security???? Yea cops should buy back guns. Seattle did it the other week, even got someone to turn in some sort of stinger launcher. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0128/Seattle-gun-buyback-nets-Stinger-missile-launcher-video

I haven't heard Ows position on this.... They usually encourage you just research and try to reason using your brains thinking abilities, and not make sweeping generalities, so all this is just my own little narrow viewpoint.

And it is not number one or two priority. But it is a symptom of corporate, NRA, bogus and tyranical influence over congress and over us.

[-] -1 points by auargent (-600) 11 years ago

the people were better at it in seattle than the govt, and they ( the people who bought up the guns)paid cash not stupid gift cards from amazon.

I know how to bump up a post. How do you bump one down?

[-] 1 points by agkaiser (2516) from Fredericksburg, TX 11 years ago

post comments above it while voting it down.

[-] 0 points by DeathsHead1 (-111) 11 years ago

Obama is a nazi? Germans run this stuff? Really?

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Shayneh (-482) 11 years ago

I think they have the "termnology" backwards. the PDW or Personal Defense Weapon is what it should be called when owned by an civilian for just what it is "Personal Defense".

The "Assault Weapons" is what it should be called when owned by the Department of Homeland Security and criminals for just what is being used for - to "assault and kill".

[-] 1 points by Narley (272) 11 years ago

Probably not important, but full-auto rifles are call M-16’s, like the Army carries. The AR-15 is the civilian semi-auto version of the M-16. They're talking about select-fire M-16's.

[-] 1 points by freakyfriday (179) 11 years ago

Ah, the irony. An true assault weapon in the hands of .gov are defensive weapons. That;s what makes the left so scary...their Orwellian bastardization of the English language. They are so much better at marketing their message.

[-] 0 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Its three round burst, not full auto.

[-] -1 points by Shayneh (-482) 11 years ago

The AR-15 is also used by the military and is called an "assault weapon" The M-16 is no longer used by the US Military.

[-] 1 points by Narley (272) 11 years ago

I stand corrected. It's been a while since I was in. So long ago we used M-14's.

[-] 0 points by Shayneh (-482) 11 years ago

There are still a lot out there for sale at gun shows but priced pretty high - they are decent firearms for sure.

I knew you would tell it like it is,thanks.

[-] 0 points by DeathsHead1 (-111) 11 years ago

It's okay. They are the good guys.

"They are the good guys"

LMAO,...I wouldn't bet on that. In the era of Obama and the "fundamentally transform America" project,...you'd be a fool to think anything good will come of the Government armoring up for some crises Obama will create or exploit to further rob Americans of freedoms and liberties.

I think DeathsHead was being sarcastic.

[-] -3 points by chuckuschumer (-366) 11 years ago

Okay,so be it. Sometimes it's hard to tell on this forum.

[-] -1 points by DeathsHead1 (-111) 11 years ago

Too true.

[-] 0 points by chuckuschumer (-366) 11 years ago

This issue needs to be understood. The overwhelming evidence of the Obama Regime's attempt to circumvent the Constitution and slowly bleed our rights and liberties away.

Wake the fuck up!!!

[-] 0 points by auargent (-600) 11 years ago

the msm will always cover and outright lie for the obama administration, because they are just the p.r. arm of the obama criminal organization.