Forum Post: Defacto: Backwards Parasitic Global System, Uncaring Congress, Deaf President, Cozy Regulators, Blind Populous, Privateering
Posted 3 years ago on June 26, 2012, 5:03 p.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Yeah, Everything is backwards in the US now.
1) Free Enterprise is oligopoly, government subsidies (like bank Loans from the FED), and Taxpayer liability for mistakes made by business and layoffs by business.
2) Free Market is big money and big bank control of all US and much of global markets.
3) Our Mixed Economy can not be defined any longer by social programs and capitalism. There is No Individual Savings Interest Rate to encourge responsible behavior and savings. And there is no National concern about having no Individual Savings Interest rate. Banks are making 8% and more on Student Loan Rates (as far I know) when the Federal Reserve Interest Rate is at Historic Low. No concern there in Congress. Small Businesses are the Real Base of the US Economy, but Congress only caters to Big Business and Big Business Lobbyist. There is no concern about the Loan rate to Small Business and the current rate of Small Business Start ups. No word from Congress on the Importance of Manufacuring in the US and its endless benefits to the US Economy.
4) Uncaring: No concern that Investment in R&D and Education is at an all time low (as far as I know). When a country stops investing in the Future, you have to import Technical workers from Asia.
5) Corrupt: Congress doesn't even bother with Congressional Functions like passing budgets and declaring war.
6) Rich people have learned from History how easy it is to deceive poeople and fool them to work for very little, take credit and loans to get what they want, and hide that fact that spending and loans makes people poor. (But that is why we have a consumer society and consumer economy)
7) Rich have learned that it is only 5 or 10 years for a people to forget scandals. That is why we have had Presidents assasinated for wanting government control of money creation, national archives are wiped clean of the attemped coup on FDR, and people forgot who the "Money Trust" was from 1910.
8) Corrupt: Money buys Tax Loop holes for the Wealthy. There is no AMT, Alternative Minimum Tax for the rich, because the rich have a lobby against it. And a lobby for Carrying Fee (interest) tax at 15%. (Romney).
9) Corrupt: Banks serve themselves instead of a public purpose. This is the result of the Lobby that installed the Federal Reserve in 1913, create the current banking cartel, and deregulated the industry starting in 1970.
10) Defacto: Now War is not evil but a beneficial, democratizing process. (see Jimmy carter Opinion Article 22 June 2012). But War is not good and does not bring good... it destroys nations, economies, futures, savings of common people, homes, lives, and brings toxic radiation, chemicals, and disease.
11) Defacto: US Education is not affordable even though necessary for good wages. Banks join in the evil with high interest college loans.
12) Defacto: Courts are owned by the powerful and rich. That is why foreclosure documents weren't needed to kick people out of their houses and take their homes away. Common people can't afford to file lawsuits to gain remedies.
13) Defacto: Third World Countries are hustled by the IMF into loans they can not afford, under conditions that make them slaves not free. And they are fed lies about the science of economics that stiffles the government and the people for decades.
14) Defacto: The big Global Players travel the world looking for more natural resources and labor to exploit. It doesn't matter to a corporation if it's strategic planning leaves countries with no way to strengthen, grow normal industry, or leave displaced villagers with out traditional homes or culture.
15) Defacto: There is No more Land to Grab, No More Slaves to Exploit, No Legal Drug Trade like Opium to force on the Chinese, ... So Corporations have to secure Patents, the ability to grant Credit and Make Loans, Create New Financial Derivatives, Control Real Estate Bubbles, horn in on the Technology companies and secure their financing, buy up weaker US Companies as in Private Equity Funds, Handle Mergers of Large Global Corporations, Manipulate Stock Markets and Commodities Markets with Computers, Seek ownership of unique natural resources like rare metals, and leverage technology to analyze where money is and where it is being spent so that they can use computers or other advantages to steal or take money out of the Money Flow
16) Defacto: We live in a World of Privateering privateering is authorized by national authorities and therefore a legitimate form of war-like activity by non-state actors.