Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Dear OWS< please do not sit out 2012 Elections

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 5, 2011, 2:54 p.m. EST by didreyfus (3)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Name candidates like Elizabeth Warren at all levels
find people that we can vote for instead of UniParty. .run a campaign... kick butz appear legit.. and get seats

6 Comments

6 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by kickthemout (83) 12 years ago

AFarewellToKings 1 points 6 minutes ago

Have you read the 99% Declaration? It speaks to starting an independent 3rd party

Didn't know. Appreciate your link to the information. This is the way to go. Take care. All my best.

[-] 2 points by kickthemout (83) 12 years ago

It would be good to actually organize our own political party (Global Revolution Party?) and run our own people for all the available offices.

[-] 2 points by AFarewellToKings (1486) 12 years ago

Have you read the 99% Declaration? It speaks to starting an independent 3rd party

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

[-] 1 points by JonValle (133) 12 years ago

I like the idea of the movement being non-partisan (even though it's clear there is partisanship when it comes down to individuals). I do agree that we ALL need to be active in the upcoming election. That includes those that don't agree with our motives. We all need to participate. Otherwise we can't moan and groan when we get politicians in office, again, that won't help our society progress.

All I ask of everyone, do extended research and when it comes time to vote, do it. Don't sit at home thinking that your vote doesn't count.

[-] 0 points by 451 (10) from Olivebridge, NY 12 years ago

Newsflash: the 99% movement is of <1% of the population. You guys couldn't even elect a mayor if you tried.

[-] 1 points by didreyfus (3) 12 years ago

don't forget election fraud begins at the top..