Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: credit union hit me with $286 insufficient funds fee. http://occupationamerica.org/Banking_fee_Reform.php

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 7, 2011, 1:59 p.m. EST by OccAmerica (13)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

U.S. banks will collected a record $38.5 billion in overdraft fees in 2009, in 2010 about $35.4 billion same as they did in 2008. People this is Your money they STEAL by unscrupulous practices. Legalized theft, that’s over 100 billion dollars they stole in last 3 years on top of all the otherways they make money. That money came from you and could have been put back into the economic, back into the community, back into your hands, back into your kid’s mouths!
OVERDRAFT FEES ARE NOT A INDUSTRY

When is it enough before you stand up? 50billion a year? 100billion a year? When they can foreclose on your house for late fees? WHEN?

read more at http://occupationamerica.org

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by OccAmerica (13) 12 years ago

here's the thing, it cost the bank nothing to refuse a charge over a computer, so i have to pay $30? If i have no money, why would you charge me more money? kick me while im down? awesome, it make no sense. and they do this to millions of people to make 38 billion a year? after robbing america blind, i don't care what the BANKS want. Its wrong. yea banks need an extra 38 billion, not the economy no not at all.

[-] 1 points by Faithntruth (997) 12 years ago

I have always had good response to talking to the bank about acidental overdrafts. The one exception was when my spouse got a bank of america credit card. They claimed we were late three months in a row, when the bill was paid the day we received it! They would not correct their error, so we closed the account, cut up the card, will never do business with them again, and tell anyone who will listen about their practices...

[-] 1 points by Daennera (765) from Griffith, IN 12 years ago

You know in this day and age of instant information, you can keep a closer eye on your account balance.

[-] 0 points by steven2002 (363) 12 years ago

It's always someone elses fault.

[-] 0 points by MeMyselfandI (85) 12 years ago

Perhaps you should learn simply math and track how much money you have in your account. Just a thought. Then again, I guess it is easier to blame the bank for your own stupidity.

[-] 0 points by dantes44 (431) from Alexandria, VA 12 years ago

Keep track of the funds in your account.

[-] 0 points by steven2002 (363) 12 years ago

Hmm... Maybe next time do not write checks for more than you have in your account. Just sayin