Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Congressional reform act of 2011-12 - something worth committing to!!!

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 18, 2011, 7:11 p.m. EST by garycay (1)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The body of the reform act in in the link below - as allegedly from Warren Buffet, and parts of which I have heard from intelligent folks over the years - but this one is the most comprehensive and workable valuable concept

http://www.babyboomerthinks.com/?p=104

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by adamk (1) 12 years ago

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS CHAIN EMAIL HOAX. Do you really think that influential people enact legislation THROUGH POORLY WRITTEN CHAIN EMAILS!? I am astounded.

Good lord, people. DO A SIMPLE FACT CHECK. This page is one of the top results on Google, now. Way to make the Occupy movement look like dummies.

Even if this were real, the information included in it isn't even close to being accurate.

Can we please be more careful than the old ladies who circulated Tea Party emails a couple years ago?

Even if user-generated, this is a very public reflection of Occupy Wall Street. People at the Occupy Chicago GA were complaining that not everybody had access to post on the front page of the site. This kind of thing is EXACTLY why publications need gatekeepers, even in a democratic movement.

Use your heads, people. This isn't a casual web forum. This page represents Occupy Wall Street around the world.

PLEASE remove this post.

[-] 1 points by JustStopIt (1) 12 years ago

Fact check this, guys. It shouldn't be here. It is largely based on false impressions of what is actually factual. I wanted to get behind this, seems reasonable, but apparently not accurate and not by Warren Buffet. Please don't make yourself look foolish by publishing things like this, unchecked, and expecting to be taken seriously by those who are not already in support.

[-] 1 points by FatBastard (2) 12 years ago

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/28thamendment.asp

You guys are so smart. I can't wait until you run the country.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

mostly punitive measures against congress

rather than force congress onto private health insurance

why not make government health plans available to everyone?

[-] 1 points by garycay (1) 12 years ago

First - make gov health plans available to everyone is fine. Good luck getting that to happen however. As far as being punitive - my take on that view is this: how interesting to take away an elite circumstance that is paid for by us yet not available to us, and not approved by us directly,as being punitive. Maybe that train of thought will allow a way to see as not punitive but rather restoring balance.