Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Climate Change Battle Date Set: 2040! …(oh and a solution)

Posted 10 years ago on Sept. 27, 2013, 6:49 a.m. EST by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This is something worth reading about the latest climate report, biggest conference since 2007. They say we can hit one trillion tons released and maybe be OK, and we will hit that in 2040, but here’s the thing we got three trillion tons in the ground which means there will be a lot of people with a lot of assets at stake. So I would expect reducing the power of money in politics would be a survival move at this point.

On another point, or the same one depending on how you look at it, the energy thing can and I believe will be mostly solved by learning how to get energy out of each waveband of the Sun’s light as plants do this will be accomplished with multi-layered solar cells, just thought folks would like to know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/28/science/global-climate-change-report.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

8 Comments

8 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 10 years ago

Well it has only recently solidified in my mind the way forward on energy, it had appeared a near impossible problem but as the efficiency has improved in leaps and bounds with the recent investment, (made possible by that same program that funded Solaris) the way forward has become clear. Does this solve the problem of the ice melting all over the world, no it doesn't that's a fair point, that will be a rich against the rest battle based on the value of that 2 trillion tons of fossil fuel we just can't burn and continue living that battle is only getting started.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 10 years ago

There is little better example of the rich using psychological propaganda to influence the beliefs of the masses more so than in the so called "climate debate". They are systematically discrediting science at every point and care not what it will do to the American future as they have long ago realized that acquiring talent and a labor force in areas where workers have less economic power than they do here is profitable. Of course the way to change their behavior is to change the rules so that it is not profitable to do this.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 10 years ago

For the first time since 2008, more than half of Americans (54%) believe global warming is caused mostly by human activities, an increase of 8 points since March 2012. - See more at: here

since 2008? I think you may very well be correct.

[Removed]