Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr

Forum Post: Banks and money

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 29, 2011, 3:23 p.m. EST by bursting (2)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Our problems all boils down to the one fundamental thing-money. Usually we don’t talk about money or what money is, how it became into existents or why it was invented. We usually talk about economy in very complicated terms. But money is the fundamental base in the economy. Money is just an instrument just like a hammer. Before the time of money we had Barter. Barter is the form of business when you exchange goods without the use of money. So money is a medium of exchange, it transports the value of goods from one place to another. It transports the value of goods from one time to another. Money is also a unit of value, it puts numbers on value. We use Euros as a unite of value in Europe but dollars in the USA. So money is a unit for value. Money becomes only money after the parliament have put into law that this unit of value is money, that is, the legislated power have created a legal tender. When the law state that everybody must use this unit of value in their business and the governments will accept this unite of value for payment of taxes, then and only then becomes those pieces of paper money. Before that they were only IOU documents. So the power of money is created by the laws of the parliament. The power of the parliament comes from the people, or to state it in another way, the power of money comes from the people. The power of money belongs to us. If we do not produce anything then we do not need any money because production comes first and it creates the need for money, not the other way around. Today the governments produce 3% of the money, which are the Notes and coins that we have in our pockets. Banks produce the rest of the money, about 97%. That is computer money. Banks have a patent on money production. That is privet banks have a monopoly of producing our money. If we try to make money then the police will come and arrest us. Banks cannot give us money, banks have to lend us money. Banks create money by lending it to those who need money. Banks lend money to individuals, companies, local governments and the state Treasury. Since all money is created as a loan, all outstanding money is debt. Therefore money is debt. If we paid all our debts today there would be no money. When we increase money supply we increase the debt. The only way to stop this production of debt is to stop producing money as debt, because today money is created as debt. By making money as loans, by making money as debt the cost of production of goods have increases. Then you can add the costs of interest on that. Money should not cost anything extra, money should be free and distributed out into society to match the needs of production, not the other way around. I know that it sounds crazy but when you think of it, money has no value, money is worthless, money only transports the value of goods from one place to another. It is a crime that private companies, the banks, have the exclusive right to create our money. It is a crime that private companies, the banks, have the exclusive right to create a unit of value. It is a crime that private companies, the banks, have the exclusive right to create a medium that carries the value of our production from one place to another. Because those privet companies, the banks, have this power they control how much we produce and essentially everything else. To restore real democracy we have to get the power to create our own money back to the people. Whoever controls the money system controls the nation.



Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by bursting (2) 12 years ago

VoReason With money, they use money to transfer the value of there work in to society. Today they have to borrow that transport medium from the banks and that increases the cost of production, for both of them.

[-] 1 points by VoReason (2) 12 years ago

OK then. If person A goes to school for 15 years after high school and learns to do brain surgery, and person B only get a high school education and can only work as a barista at Starbucks, how do we value each one's efforts?

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

True. The concept of money is fine, it makes transactions much easier than bartering. The problem is when a central planner determines its worth, flows, moves, ect...... (The Fed)

[-] 1 points by gestopomilly (497) 12 years ago

The idea of the banks recovering the loss thru selling the property is, at this time, ludicrous

Idea: Banks should be required to ' Suspend' payments and interest accumulation if a person loses their job during an 'economic downturn' until that person finds a comparable paying job or until the national unemployment rate is less than 5%.