Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Anyone ever get a 403 Forbidden message?

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 27, 2011, 8:38 a.m. EST by Indepat (924) from Minneola, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I no longer can answer posts. Every time I try, this message pops up. Anyone else encountering this, or have encountered this? And is so, how do you fix it?

82 Comments

82 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Indepat (924) from Minneola, FL 12 years ago

Anyone? I have a need to get back on this thing?

[-] 1 points by johnq (2) 12 years ago

I get this every time, thanks for the solution JohnnyGuy.

[-] 1 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

I'm getting the 403 when I click the pop up that alerts you that your comment has received a reply.

[-] 1 points by Indepat (924) from Minneola, FL 12 years ago
[-] 1 points by MeAndWeThePeople (59) from Chicago, IL 12 years ago

Happens to me starting today, Thursday.

[-] 1 points by AgainstOWS (28) 12 years ago

Yes!!! So annoying.

[-] 1 points by notaneoliberal (2269) 12 years ago

call the 1-516-708-4777ph no to report

[-] 1 points by Marlow (1141) 12 years ago

It usually means Server Problems.. either over loaded, or there could be a software glitch being worked on...

Not normally some outsider hacking, unless you get an 'error code 999' Then you have some hacking going on.

[-] 1 points by Kulafarmer2 (118) 12 years ago

My guess is that its either some type of sensorship or hacker crap in witch case its all the same

[-] 1 points by Kulafarmer2 (118) 12 years ago

I get it too now

[-] 1 points by Idaltu (662) 12 years ago

I have gotten that same message. It seems related to the amount of traffic and time since my last comment. I know it has nothing to do with censorship. It really is just a software problem. Again, I suspect it has to do with traffic flow.

Work around has been posted.

[-] 1 points by twisted (110) 12 years ago

lets do a word check

1. Jew
  2. Zionism
  3. Fuck
  4. Shit
  5. Armageddon
  6. Corruption
  7. Financial 8.Banker
[-] 1 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

Yes, same problem here,.

[-] 1 points by Fresh2Death13 (207) from Windsor, ON 12 years ago

yes I have also encountered this I wrote an awesome article yesterday and now today it seems my access is limited if you want to know your LEGAL options to fight this Elitist regime read this http://algoxy.com/ows/strategyofamerica.html

I think it's a glitch and good thing there's a work around. Johnny Guy posted it on this forum

Don't think it's censorship, just a glitch. Johnny Guy has the answer in this post

does not work as well with me I don't have the multiple ####### in my address bar

Play around with it. I did, I found that mine works opposite, taking out the first org not the second.

thank you Mr Independent Patriot

Well Played, Mr. Fresh.

[-] 1 points by SvenTheBarbarian (84) from Phrao, Chiang Mai 12 years ago

I am getting the error when I try to save edits to my profile info, also when clicking on a notification. Using latest Firefox on WinXP

Johnny Guy, just below this post as a work around. It works, I'm back on, it's a pain in the butt, but I'm back on.

You can call the 1-516-708 4777 phone number.

who answers that?

I spoke to someone but I'm still having the same problem, had a 403 when I clicked on this notification. It took two tries. First call I got voicemail, second call I got a person who said I had not been blocked.

I posted it a work around. Look for that post. It may have slipped. Just take out org/notification/#######/ from the link on the message and hit enter and that will get you where you need to go. Unfortunately you have to do this every time.

I'm getting 403 when trying to log in.

[-] 1 points by cristinasupes (145) 12 years ago

This is happening to me too. It must be something wrong with the forum boards. I'm not a techy but I don't think it is on the end of the individual.

That would be better. Hope they get it fixed soon because I need my fix.

[-] 1 points by zoom6000 (430) from St Petersburg, FL 12 years ago

me too,

[-] 1 points by lyn123 (123) 12 years ago

Yes, I am getting it all morning. Could be the servers. I have posted long and short and the comments are hard to key into. My posts hit Goldman, amongst others and this may be the issue.

Check out Johnny guy post above, it works. It's a work around.

Nope, was able to post something longer, just can't respond to people who have responded to an original post. Hope they fix this soon.

You know, I didn't try a longer post, I'll test that now by writing some meaningless dribble here in this post, again just to see if there is also a problem with posting things that are too long, because I'll done thins morning are short posts. If this is the case, and there is a problem on their end then I think we might all be in trouble because it's hard to get them, who ever they are, to respond to anything on this site. sometimes I even wonder if their is anyone at all running this site.

[-] 1 points by PeteG2 (393) 12 years ago

Yep I have posts longer than 2-3 sentences not posting this morning. I wonder if servers under strain as more people flock to the movement with something to say.

So this just may be a problem occurring today due to some glitch on their end?

[-] 0 points by jgriff (6) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

yes I am too

[-] 0 points by Joeschmoe1000 (270) 12 years ago

Yup. I thought it was censoring.

That was going to be my next question, is it censoring, or something to do with my firewall?