Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Anybody else on this forum had forged posts under their UID?

Posted 2 years ago on Dec. 2, 2011, 6:45 p.m. EST by fjolsvit (957) from Washington, DC
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I have seen two posts associated with my user ID which I did not make. I don't know how that is happening, but people need to be aware that there has been a breech of security.

12 Comments

12 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 2 years ago

Yes. All the bad ones ! ;o)

Seriously, no, I haven't had any problems.

Time to change your identify so we don't hold new posts against you !

What the heck does 'fjolsvit' mean anyway ? It's like one of those custom license plates people pay for but nobody other than the author can understand !

[-] 0 points by fjolsvit (957) from Washington, DC 2 years ago

It's an anglicized variant of this:

Fjölsviðr Fjolsvid, Fjolsvin Very Wise Gylfaginning, Grímnismál (47), Óðins nöfn (2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_names_of_Odin

[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 2 years ago

Jesus Christ man !

I mean that literally; try 'JesusChrist' ;o)

[-] 0 points by fjolsvit (957) from Washington, DC 2 years ago

I'm not getting into religion here.

[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 2 years ago

What? Odin is a god isn't he ?

I guess you're only interested in the unpopular ones. ;o)

[-] 0 points by fjolsvit (957) from Washington, DC 2 years ago

It's a blinking handle for an online forum!

[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 2 years ago

Funny, it's not blinking on my screen !

Enough of this silliness, I have serious work to do... I noticed that 'looselyhuman' gets a disproportionately large number of 'likes' on his comments, so I'm trying to get everyone to declare him part of the '1% like elite' and work with me on a good plan to redistribute his likes more fairly across the rest of us 99% .

[-] 1 points by littlebilly (12) 2 years ago

its probably thrasymaque who also calls itself glaucon. who keeps changing his name? he she it can't decide who he is? he is from Canada, but has always wished he was born in the good old USA

[-] 1 points by looselyhuman (3117) 2 years ago

Probably they created an account w/a slight difference, i.e. fjoIsvit (that's an uppercase "i" not a lowercase "L")

[-] 1 points by shooz (26719) 2 years ago

That's what they did to me.

Silly trolls.

[-] 0 points by fjolsvit (957) from Washington, DC 2 years ago

Nope. I can click the link and access the protected parts of my profile.

[-] 0 points by karenpoore (902) 2 years ago

It has happened to me ...