Posted 7 years ago on Dec. 1, 2011, 1:24 p.m. EST by Alan8
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
This proposed list of demands was compiled by "DIMOJABE" (Disqus name) (with some of my suggestions), who was sick of the media and pundits saying "the Occupy people don't know what they want".
This forum complained that the content was too long, so I've split the list into two parts. This is Part 2. (Part 1 is here: http://occupywallst.org/forum/another-proposed-list-of-demands-part-1/ )
Suggestions and comments are needed to expand & refine the list, and to achieve consensus! Let's hear from you!
Combining other independently-developed lists will help insure we haven't left anything out.
31) Executive Pay/Severance & Eliminate All Bonuses - Eliminate all bonuses and cap executive pay for any organizations that accept US taxpayer funding entirely or in part.
32) Bonus Claw Back - those paid with US taxpayers' dollars as part of the TARP program and use them for either under funded social safety net programs or to pay down the deficit.
33) Boards of Directors & CEO Regulation for Public & Private companies - Close the process gaps that prevent shareholder nominations to be listed on prospectus mailings, and eliminate any regulations that permit ethnically immoral, managerially absurd and financially ruinous behaviors.
34) Pension Plans - Convert all private 401K plans BACK to fully-funded pension plans that are not subject to market forces.
35) US Government Purchasing - Convert an ever increasing share of products purchased by the US government to ONLY those actually created here in the USA and remove any corporations who systematically outsource from the Central Contracting Registry.
36) Public Sector Purchasing - No more foreign corporations or redomiciled US corporations can compete for US public contracts on any level.
37) US Government Debt - The US government will no longer be permitted to borrow funds from any foreign government. It will pay for its operation in real time with taxes on the corporations conducting business in US markets.
38) US Government Immunity - The US Government is not immune from legal action by a harmed party and cannot convict using evidence deemed to be critical to national security.
39) Top Secret America - The trillion dollar security apparatus needs to be evaluated and downsized. Observant citizens are demonstrably more effective, so let's train them instead.
40) Surveillance Regulations - Review and Amend to remove any possibility for abuse by any government agency.
41) US Government Eminent Domain - Shall NEVER be used to seize private property at below market rates for private profit by another individual, corporation, or public-private partnership.
42) Break Up the Oligarchies - Admit that oligarchies have formed in every major market sector and systematically remove them using the existing anti-trust regulations and laws that are currently being ignored.
43) Outsourcing & Privatization of Public Services - Cease and desist at all levels of government.
44) Re-Instate The Glass-Steagall Act - The division between Commercial banking operations and Investment bank transactions must be restored.
45) Ban the Credit Default Swap Market - in its entirety. The gamblers can go somewhere else.
46) Ban Commodity Trading in Food and Oil - Both market are inelastic on the demand side; they need to be fully regulated to prevent instability and price hikes.
47) The Federal Reserve - This organization has failed, is not transparent and systematically hurts the US working class with it's actions. It will be closed down.
48) Multi-Lateral Organizations - The US government will cease to fund global multi-lateral organizations until the basic economic rights of the American people have been restored (See FDR's Citizens' Bill of Rights).
49) Repeal All Free Trade Agreements - Bring jobs back to America. American companies can make any product if they don't have to compete with 3rd world wages and labor arbitrage.
50) SuperFund Sites - Assess appropriate fines to complete the SuperFund clean ups and get them DONE.
51) Public Land Preservation - Convert as much of the remaining federal public lands to a permanently protected status as possible.
52) Private & Corporate Land Acquisition - No foreign ownership of US public or private lands for mineral extraction or other forms of resource removal.
53) Public Lands - Designate ALL public lands as permanent wilderness and clean them up for future generations.
54) Corporate Resource Extraction on Public Lands - Declare a national moratorium.
55) Agriculture / Hemp Cultivation - Establish government subsidized programs to introduce and maintain hemp cultivation nationally for soil restoration and the removal of petrochemicals from the US food chain.
56) A National Moratorium on Hydrolic Fracturing Technology before our aquifers are destroyed and we become an earthquake-ridden republic.
57) A National Moratorium on Off-Shore and Polar region Oil Drilling.
58) A National Moratorium on oil pipeline construction.
59) A National Moratorium on nuclear energy development.
+++ (a) 11/30/11 Note: The minimum wage from 1969, adjusted for inflation, would be about $20.00 an hour. No one can live comfortably on $12.00 an hour and the current poverty line for a family of four is $22,000 a year. Economists say that should be doubled. When arguing for a "living wage" think generously.
(b)11/30/11 End the hemp prohibition - Think hemp, farmers used to grow it as a rotation crop to replenish depleted fields without petrochemical industry fertilizer. Another benefit was up to 30 liters of bio-fuel per acre, Rockefeller did not like independent farmers who didn't need to buy his standard oil fuels, along with Hearst the newspaper magnate, who had massive forest holding he wanted to use for paper to replace hemp which did not require bleach in the process. Of course DuPont just patented synthetic fibers in 1936 so hemp fibers were competition too.