Posted 2 years ago on Jan. 21, 2013, 11:49 a.m. EST by bensdad
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
I hate censorship, but this forum could be much improved by more civility.
Many of us are angry at Wall Street, angry at alec, angry at Obama, angry at koch.
We may hate them, we may distrust them, we may want to lambaste them.
Venting may make us feel better, but I feel that this forum can be improved with facts and ideas - rather than rants.
I feel that honest discourse on any issue is facilitated by light, not fire.
I have seen attempts at dialog degenerate into dishonesty, name calling and obfuscation to change the subject.
When Ben played with his set of blocks, I told him –
“It’s always easier to knock something down than to build something up”.
So many of our posts knock something – or someone down – with no “up” at all.
While I think name calling of a group or organization is borderline,
name calling an individual – especially a fellow poster – is far over the line.
A few points:
1. Please DO NOT LIE – we all know how easy it is to use the internet to find the truth
2. Please be a mench – when someone asks you a question – answer it –
don’t change the subject because you cannot defend your position or don’t know the answer.
3. Please do not post inflammatory “headlines” just to attract attention
4. Please, If you have a source, post the link
5. Getting in the ”last lick” in a debate is just silly
6. Please do not post opinions as facts
7. Slogans are not solutions or informative
If you seek release or if you are a troll – go ahead – rant and rave.
If you want respect for yourself and your opinions and your ideas,
civility and honesty is much more productive.