Posted 5 years ago on July 21, 2012, 2:23 a.m. EST by jaktober
from Sonoma, CA
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
"The idea of the 1% vs. the 99% was made popular by the Occupy campaign. It showed the gross wealth discrepancy in the United States. 1% of the population in the United States makes roughly over $400,000 per year. They control 25% of the wealth in the country. This is important to know. It also important to see how these numbers play out on a global scale (after all, we are all about world peace and harmony). Out of the world’s 8Billion or so people, the top 1% make at least a little over $40,000 per year. The top 10% make over $23,000 per year. The United States, with less than 5% of the world’s population, controls 25% of the world’s wealth. While a quarter of that wealth is controlled by the top 1% of the U.S., the remaining 99% control the rest, which equals roughly 18% of the world’s wealth."