Posted 6 years ago on Oct. 9, 2011, 3:51 p.m. EST by HMSinnott
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Here is Part 1 of something I put together, (Part 2 to follow) I am sure it's not perfect, believe me, but it's a thought. I am hoping at some point there can be a focus and a way to get through to the multitudes of people who are in the 99% that work hard every day and most times are just so damned tired at the end of the day all they can think of is to get the energy to get up the next day and do it all again.
Declaration of Values and Goals
We believe in the virtues of work, of having a meaningful career that enable us to support our families and contribute to our communities. We also have the expectation that if we work hard and live by the rules, we will have the means by which we can maintain a reasonable standard of living, and provide for a comfortable retirement and help educate our next generation.
- Ensure that our tax system encourages and rewards the creation of domestic jobs.
- Expand access to venture capital and reasonable, yet prudent credit for small business and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Mandate that the Federal Reserve Board equally consider the need for economic growth along with the control of inflation.
- Support means by which workers are given the ability to share equitably with wage increases when worker productivity increases in our economy
- Continue to support and make sustainable the retirement safety net that has been created for retirement security.
- Continue to support and expand financial assistance that is required for students of working class and middle class backgrounds to obtain the education necessary to succeed in today’s economy.
It is our desire and expectation that the next generation will enjoy new and better opportunities than us due to our own hard work and dedication.
- Support the enhancement of our educational system that is essential for the education of our leaders, and focus on achievement, parent and student empowerment in that process and sufficient financial support.
We believe it is the obligation of businesses, employers and government to be honest with people, and to treat them with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Representative government must be responsive to the will of the people, while respecting the rights of any minority to express its views freely and openly. As such, its financial conditions, shall be open and transparent and no governmental official should be permitted to profit from his or her official actions, either while holding public office or afterwards.
- Businesses and employers shall be prohibited from conducting activities that are knowingly harmful to the health and/or welfare of its employees, customers or members of the public.
- No employee shall be forced to forfeit his or her rights to act or advocate as a citizen as a condition of employment, as long as those activities are conducted on the employee’s own time and off work premises.