Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 99 Percent Bill of Rights

Posted 2 years ago on Jan. 23, 2012, 2:18 p.m. EST by 99PercentFriendly (31)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Everyone should have adequate and timely food, housing, healthcare, and education without being at the mercy of the charitable whims or prejudices of the one percent. What is going on right now especially concerning hunger, homelessness, and lack of healthcare is a dark chapter in history that has gone on for far too long and should be brought to an end immediately.

No one should be allowed to get rich off of the pain and suffering of the 99 percent. Profits should not be put above People’s welfare and wellbeing. People should be able to benefit directly from their own hard work without being exploited by others.

All people should have a minimum standard of living that preserves human dignity, freedom, and creativity and that is a reflection of the advancement of the society as a whole.

No one should be punished or retaliated against for expressing their dissatisfaction through dissent or civil disobedience. Every city and town should build a convenient area (or dedicate a park or city square) where people can assemble peacefully (and put up tents temporarily) to express their grievances without being subjected to undo interference or harsh treatment.

All laws and regulations should be compatible with the Universal Human Rights and the principals of True Democracy and should focus on improving the quality of life for everyone while protecting the environment and the planet as a whole.

(to be continued)

-

4 Comments

4 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by iwantfreemoneynow (58) 2 years ago

Wow, if we got all that the only thing left to bitch about would be about the shitty amount of money we were getting (no matter HOW much, heehee).

[-] 1 points by Neweratyme7 (7) 2 years ago

Please correct me if I am wrong, but are not these same issues and matters written into the Constitution of the United States Of America, Inc.? Amendments were added to ensure that individuals, not Corporations were entitled to these freedoms. The problem here is that, as George Carlin continued to speak about, the Judicial system, i.e. the Supreme Court, Congress and all national and local officials owe their ALLEGIANCE to the Corporations of this country.
It amazes me that people continue to criticize this movement. Yet, in reality, when it is their turn to be AXED (X) out of a free system created for the people, by the people, they'll GET IT!!. IT'S COMING!!!!

[-] 1 points by toonces (-117) 2 years ago

The government is far more a problem than private industries and individuals. You would be far more helpful to the 99% if you worked to limit the scope and power of government than working to enable government to take more property and place more regulations on the private sector.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by ronjj (-241) 2 years ago

Don't get me wrong, your post has merits - but you make a few assumptions that are totally absurd and thus they make the rest of your arguments just as absurd.

For instance, you state that "everyone should have adequate... housing" and that "no one should be allowed to get rich off of the pain and suffering of the 99 percent.

I can only see that as one of the most stupid assumptions that could be made. Who in the name of common sense do you think owns and provides most of the rental housing for this nation? You seem so far removed from reality that I doubt that you could answer that question alone. Reality does not live in NYC or some other isolated area of this country. You need to get out and see who ownes this and that and who makes their living renting out one housing unit or a few. I know that the majority of rental units in my area is owned by individuals who are a strong part of the 99% of people that you would deny the right to make a living.

Opening your mouth or stricking a few keys on your keyboard is not the way that problems are solved. You do a great job of destroying the very people that you think you have set yourself up to protect.

You need to get a life, get out more, and see how your fellow man really lives. This absurd devotion to the 1% in such minute detail is nothing but destructive of the other 99%.