Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 500,000 people signed in 4 days - World v. Wall St in solidarity w/OWS

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 12, 2011, 5:36 p.m. EST by looselyhuman (3117)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

9 Comments

9 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by looselyhuman (3117) 12 years ago

Bump.

[-] 1 points by an0n (764) 12 years ago

Signed.

[-] 1 points by DavidHaggith (17) from Mt Vernon, WA 12 years ago

What's Avaaz?

Well, whatever it is, keep speaking against injustice and corporate greed and inept political action. I'm glad to see the Occupy movement starting up and going viral at the same time that I started writing a blog about it. Such spectacular spread around the world. Here I started writing because I couldn't understand why it seemed everyone was sitting on their hands, and suddenly the fastest-spreading movement in history has sprung into action at the same time (no connection of course, but great to see that something is happening with the timing such that a movement like this can become so huge so fast.)

[-] 1 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

WOW! If I'm not mistaken, that is a RECORD for Avaaz.

By the way, the total number of Avaaz members has just reached 10 million! (see below email I received just yesterday)

"Dear incredible Avaazers,

Just a few hours ago, our community reached 10 million people!

10 million of us. From every nation, every walk of life. Hopeful, and serious about creating the world we all dream of. Campaign after campaign, we're winning. Not just the little fights, the big ones, the ones they said couldn’t be won. And we're just getting started.

There's never been a community like this before – and we’re accelerating – growing by 4 million in the last 9 months! If we stick together, anything's possible. The world may be awash with fear and fatalism, but people power is on the march everywhere, and together we're renewing and sustaining the most powerful force for change ever known...

Hope.

With enormous gratitude for every person in this extraordinary community, Ricken, Alice, Luis, Ben, Ari, Saravanan, Wissam, Diego, Mia and the entire Avaaz team."

[-] 1 points by looselyhuman (3117) 12 years ago

Nice, thanks.

[-] 0 points by OWSNewPartyTakeNY2012 (195) 12 years ago

i don't believe this guy, he just wants our names and address.

[-] -1 points by JohnnySuburban (88) 12 years ago

The vast majority of Americans could care less what the rest of the World thinks about how we should do things here in America.

But I implore any Left-wing candidate to run on that platform in 2012...telling Americans how the World thinks we should change things.

You're sure to lose running on that!