Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 21.8% of American children live in poverty while the top 400 double their wealth.

Posted 10 years ago on Sept. 22, 2013, 10:22 a.m. EST by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

While one out five American children live in poverty, the families of the wealthy have doubled their trust funds in 10 years, yet Republicans want to shift public policy more in favor of the wealthy every chance they get. Then there are people on the site that say it is somehow wrong to want to stop that. Who is trying to fool who here?

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p60-245.pdf

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/

15 Comments

15 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by Catelonia (51) 10 years ago

Another question to ask is, "Now who on this forum" believes the Democrats were not complicit in our demise?

~Odin~

[-] -1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 10 years ago

ahh Odin we can always count you to do what you can to help the GOP...

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

There was a moment in the fall of 2011 when I thought that the people would join together and shout "The Rich are too Damn Rich!" but war distracted us like a shinny ball.

[Removed]

I think Orwell wrote about it, there may have been others before him.

[-] 1 points by MyBrothersKeeper (-36) 10 years ago

The number of children in poverty is much greater. The stats on poverty for children are not collected by parents income, but rather by program enrollment. Use the number of people living in poverty and the percentage of persons with children (averages) then do your math.

The 21.8% number comes from page 15 of the report, I believe it is a good number, as horrible as it is.

[-] 1 points by Nevada1 (5843) 10 years ago

Hello facts, Economics has been Weaponized.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 10 years ago

Or otherwise poisoned.

[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 10 years ago

Hunger Games, it is coming.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 10 years ago

Wouldn't surprise me one least little bit - survivor being the prelude to a less pg show.

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 10 years ago

Money is power, no one should have too much power or the democracy becomes monarchy, those who wish to bring back the King claim that freedom of money is freedom, that you earn your freedom when you earn your money as if the entire country was indentured servants. They would destroy the concept that each person has a right to have a say no matter their bank account. They see the opinions of the people as trinkets to be bought with their clever ads. Public policy simply an extension of their overall investment strategy. The time for politeness has past, no Republican can hold public office, no person that votes for a Republican can be called friend.