Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 2012 half over, and Still No Bankers in Jail

Posted 11 years ago on June 10, 2012, 4:53 p.m. EST by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

No one has been held accountable. Corporate leaders are still living like nothing happened.

The wars continue.

Both political parties are functioning fine, getting set to dominate the elections as usual.

The people have done absolutely NOTHING to change their current situation. We get what we deserve, and the worst is yet to come.

Hopefully the next generation is a little smarter.

20 Comments

20 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by myows (133) 11 years ago

I'm still waiting for the people that rated absolute crap debt as triple A back in 2006-2008 to do the "perp walk" but I guess that's not going to happen. It just makes the average working class guy who lost a bunch of money in his 401k or went underwater on his house feel like a voiceless pawn.

[-] 1 points by Skippy2 (485) 11 years ago

No Bankers will go to jail. Maybe a few underlings will be sacraficed, maybe. As long as Wall Street and Big Banks keep pouring money into Obamas pockets, nothing will change.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

interest is legal

[-] 1 points by TheTrollSlayer (347) from Kingsport, TN 11 years ago

I ran into this not long ago but have my doubts as the government seemed to have since turned a blind eye to much. You tell me, is this some try to pacify us show or are they for real about this.

Fraud Whistleblowers: Uncle Sam Wants You

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47553951

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Lots of resignations of banksters all over the world.

Maybe they know something that we all don't?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread811099/pg1

And then there's this, where #ows gets a mention. http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/who-should-be-on-trial-for-the-global-financial-crisis-send-us-your-list/

LONDON — After more than three years, a politician has gone on trial for his alleged responsibility in the 2008 world financial crisis. Is this the start of a trend?

Until now, it has mostly been bankers who have taken the heat for the meltdown.

But on Monday, Geir H. Haarde, the former prime minister of Iceland, went before a special court in Reykjavik to fight criminal charges that he failed to protect the nation against a banking crisis that all but bankrupted it.

To paraphrase Mr. Haarde’s opening defense: No one else saw the banking crisis coming, so why should he take the blame?

The Occupy Wall Street movement was among those who hoped that Mr. Haarde’s trial is a sign of things to come.

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

"No one saw the crisis coming".... Are you freaking kidding me?

Maybe they didnt know the month is was going to blow up, but you would have to be a damn fool not to see it at all.

PS- MF Global proves that no one will be held accountable.

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Yes, there's major hypocrisy all round, both in the media, from politicians, and from the banksters. They rely on the fact that most people's memories are short, and "news" is more about entertainment.

I'm thinking that this guy from Iceland is copping the flak because the people of Iceland told the IMF to get the phukk out of their country, and they've succeeded in going it alone. Personal opinion only, of course.

[-] -1 points by salta (-1104) 11 years ago

corzine is a top bundler for obama. corzine will never do any time for his crimes.

[-] 1 points by jrhirsch (4714) from Sun City, CA 11 years ago

The whistle blowers, camping in tents, have been the only ones arrested so far. Maybe we could start a new tactic, refusing to support their corruption and wars by withholding our income tax payments. Remember "no taxation without representation"? I wonder if the masses would support this form of protest? There would definitely be an economic benefit to those brave enough to participate. Our dollars are a more powerful weapon than any gun.

[-] 1 points by LeoYo (5909) 11 years ago

The masses wouldn't support it. Such tax protesting has been going on since the Vietnam War. It has never been an action supported by the masses no matter what the cause. If such a thing were to even appear to catch on, examples would be made of people to keep the masses in line. If the masses are unwilling to vote for anything other than Republican and Democrat, the masses are certainly unwilling to jeapordize their personal financial security by criminally challenging the government.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

except most could not be prosecuted if masses did,

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

That wouldn't have an effect. I found out that $13,000 can be considered a non-taxable gift so I stopped filing 2 years ago. Low income people are "off the radar" so to speak and not a big concern to the IRS.

[-] -1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

The masses arent going to support anything besides crushing more BigMacs and getting 10% off of their cable bill.

[-] 1 points by LeoYo (5909) 11 years ago

"They will be forgotten, therefore, and their rights disregarded. They will forget themselves, but in the sole faculty of making money, and will never think of uniting to effect a due respect for their rights."

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia: ch. 17

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/jefferson/ch17.html

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

At this point where fighting against a well oiled machine, and the people unfortunately are just herded like cattle in the giant cluster fuck that's accumulated in this country. What can the people do? Right now occupy wall street seems like the only game in town, the only group fighting this fight (albeit it's a very uphill battle, which will take years, if we're lucky).

Thing is, we dont have years. The entire platform of changes that need to happen to reverse need to become public dialogue:

Reinstate Glass Steagall Amend CU Full Audit of the Fed

[-] 1 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

No politicians in jail either, or regulators. Alan Greenspan runs free too.

They all run free. And no one cares. No one is doing anything.

[-] -1 points by linker (-241) 11 years ago

and still no plan for economic growth from the president. Can you be more specific ? who do you want to go to jail? and what specifically is their crime?