Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 12 years for 9/11 cancers to be covered

Posted 11 years ago on June 10, 2012, 10:49 a.m. EST by bklynsboy (834)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

NJ Gov. Christine Todd Whitman and NYC Mayor Rudy Juliani should be in jail for saying the smoke and ash of the World trade Center is harmless and workers didn't have to wear masks.

Now there are hundreds of first responders with life-threatening diseases. And the Feds, State and City for 12 years said 9/11 didn't cause cancer and blocked treatment and care .

Ruling Clears Way for 9/11 Health Fund to Cover Cancers Saturday, 09 June 2012 00:00 By Anemona Hartocollis, The New York Times News Service | Report http://truth-out.org/news/item/9689-ruling-clears-way-for-9-11-health-fund-to-cover-cancers

94 Comments

94 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 4 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

Hi bklynsboy, Thank you for post. Best Regards

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago
[-] 3 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

My brother-in-law was a first responder and spent 3 solid months on the pile starting 9/12. Cancer isn't his problem. Emphysema is. He has lost 70% of the function in one lung, and 30% in his 'good lung'. I'm glad to hear that at least some of the health problems are being addressed.... but there are far more concerns than just cancer.

[-] 2 points by bklynsboy (834) 11 years ago

Absolutely right! Toxic dust and vapor diseases are well known. It's unconscionable the people exposed, including residents, are denied care to save money.

[-] 1 points by doitagain (234) from Brooklyn, NY 11 years ago

Aluminium oxide and Iron oxide may be the probable cause. i heard on the radio show at 99.5 fm. Iron oxide shouldn't be a problem, because it is part of the blood.

[-] 1 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

Just the particle size of anything he was inhaling will do it as well. Either way he is a dead man walking, and it breaks my heart.

[-] 0 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

wow I may die

that is frightning

as i understood it was metal and concrete dust

[-] 2 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

The major cause of lung complaints amongst first responders was asbestos dust.

If you follow the money trail, the new owner of the twin towers complex gained about five billion dollars from the "attack".

[-] 3 points by grapes (5232) 11 years ago

EPA declared that the air near WTC tested fine shortly after the event. "Trust me, little ones, why would you be skeptical? Fire cleanses everything!"

right. huge fire had melted the posts, same big posts as in subway. and turn metal parts into the metal steam. i'll give you a little break on it. this is happens when aircraft loaded with explosible materials.

[-] 1 points by grapes (5232) 11 years ago

Aircraft are ALWAYS packed with huge amounts of high-energy material or they cannot fly. NO explosive materials are needed to turn them into flying bombs because they already ARE. I doubt that there was much "steel steam" at WTC but yes, persistent heat with oxygen can burn away the interstitial carbon in steel and allow migrating crystalline defects to weaken the body-centric crystalline structure of the iron in steel tremendously. In other words, we get steel into the form of hot softened toffee even though the steel may NOT have "melted" yet. It can yield and yield it does under stress.

you are funny =) i mentioned aircraft loaded with explosible materials especially to make opponent looks silly. Tragedy at WTC was worlds biggest exception to the rule of Physics and also to the Strength of materials. the thing is the only one who looks stupid is me, trying to prove something to you. But this is worthless. i dont care if it looks very conspiratorial. Believe what you want

The catastrophe looks very conspiratorial but it was actually a case of multiple fumbling that our basketball-playing President can easily comprehend. The U.S. obsession with sex (good heavens, we have not got that bawdy show lately in the office that really counts) and politics, together with the restrictions arising from Nixon's lusts for power, plus the electorate's not keeping tabs created the concoction that brought our world into the very bloody "Twilight Zone."

So why we still believe to news channels , to presidents , to government , to legitimacy of the voting process and to many other stuff which doesn't count. Because people are wealthy and healthy and has to believe in something. that is why we need you body, your flash, your blood, and we gonna rape your soul too

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Add that to the rest of the lies. Asbestos does not burn.

http://blog.mesothelioma-usa.com/asbestos-after-september-11-2001/

(quote)Federal, state, and city government agencies maintain that the amount of asbestos found in the dust created by the collapse of the Towers was low, and that risk of asbestos exposure and contraction of asbestos-related illness was minimal.

However, less than ten years after the attack, there have already been cases of death due to asbestos-related diseases. Studies of the potential hazard of asbestos-exposure post-September 11, 2001, estimate that more than 110,000 people may have suffered serious exposure. Some of the first responders to the horrific scene on September 11, 2001, developed respiratory problems almost immediately.

In March 2006, the first death due to mesothelioma of an emergency responder occurred. Doctors agree that her exposure to asbestos was a result of her days spent working at the recovery site. This was a very unique case, as typically mesothelioma takes decades to develop in the body. The doctors that treated this victim of mesothelioma opined that this more brief latency period must mean that the victim inhaled an enormous amount of asbestos dust. Because of cases like this, doctors recommend that people who may have been exposed to toxic dust after the fall of the Towers should undergo periodic chest x-rays. (unquote)

[-] 2 points by grapes (5232) 11 years ago

The bodies know best about the Truth in this case.

[-] 1 points by bklynsboy (834) 11 years ago

Absolutely! Mt. Sinai has excellent info and research on environmental carcinogens.

[-] 2 points by fiftyfourforty (1077) from New York, NY 11 years ago

I am sure that the health problems are far broader than those afflicting the responders and site workers, but touch people who lived miles around the site. In all our legitimate concern for the victims of 9/11 we should never forget that it is our government that has inflicted the equal of many many 9/11's on people in other countries.

Absolutely right! Furthermore, never discussed is WHY 9/11 occurred. How many corrupt despots did we arm and finance in the Middle East for oil, that beat down their people? How many places did we bomb for "our interests"? 9/11 was blowback for our foreign interventions and imperialism.

I used to subscribe to the "blowback" theory myself. My daughter did a summer internship in Malawi and people were wearing Osma Bin Laden tee shirts there. When I saw on TV the towers falling I asked myself who might have done it? Vietnamese? Serbians? A whole list of aggrieved nations flooded my head. And no doubt people could have been recruited to gladly do that deed in any of dozens of countries. And maybe some were but Osama couldn't have caused the Pentagon to be unprotected (and it's beyond mind boggling that it was unprotected) and given the shifting stories of the PTB I strongly suspect an inside job CIA or some more secretive branch with Mossad (or a more secretive branch too). This doesn't deny or negate that millions could have gladly done it of that some or the fall guys maybe were involved.

Pre 9/11, don't give the Pentagon that much credit. Everyone was asleep at the wheel, bloated, lazy and overconfident.

Also, CIA had knowledge but warnings were ignored, not shared or followed up from the top down.

It doesn't compute. The Pentagon is highly protected always. The Airforce has and had "shoot down" orders. Two airplanes but three towers fall. It doesn't compute.

Correct. because one plane lands up somewhere on the field of Philadelphia, right?

[-] 1 points by fiftyfourforty (1077) from New York, NY 11 years ago

Philadelphia? Actually I was referring to Building Seven.

http://rememberbuilding7.org/10/

assuming that such plane instead of falling somewhere in the field suppose to strike the building. Why do you think it was hijacked in the first place. Common, why cant you guys draw the conclusions? there has no building fall in the world history neither struck by plane car train whatever or even tsunami and earthquakes.

Is English your second language?

Building seven was demolished intentionally. It was not hit by any plane.

[-] -1 points by doitagain (234) from Brooklyn, NY 11 years ago

i'm not sure you understand what you saying. It was terrorist attack. and building 7 was crushed because of that event.

Okay, so you're doing a stand-up routine online, and your character today is Borat.

Carry on. Some light entertainment would be worthwhile.

[-] 0 points by doitagain (234) from Brooklyn, NY 11 years ago

no problema my farty american friend. You better try this one https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aknpkdffaafgjchaibgeefbgmgeghloj Virus your ass, ok, this link is totally clean

?????????

zooming in at 500+ mph doesn't give much time. They blew it.

The Pentagon was totally undefended, and was not evacuated, this after the Twin Towers had been struck. The Air Force headed out over the Atlantic.

Why has no one to this day been disciplined for such fuck ups?

Right! They don't want to publicize their fuckups. Just like Obama giving a free pass on the Bush administration for the false Iraq war costing 5000GIs, 30,000 maimed and one million civilians killed. Obama continues that. Honor amongst thieves. Shit sticks together.

Anyone with a brain knows that at the least those who supposedly defend the nation were negligent and incompetent. And there is a simmering anger and cynicism over just that sort of stuff. They could have found one scapegoat, no?

By keeping the masses fearful, terrified and scrambling for a job or rent with the bad economy and mass media propaganda, most allow status quo; they're too busy trying to survive. US is like a 3rd world country. We have medicine shortages, school kids do poorly compared to others and we have a higher death rate and shorter lives. We don't even have a bullet train. But no one exceeds us in war supplies we sell globally, our biggest industry.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/storysupplement/up_in_arms/?iid=EL

Shorter lives, sicker, medicine shortages, poorer in school, unemployed, losing homes: US.

But this should not be confused with the lifestyles of poor people in Latin America and Africa. Still a world of difference.

Unconscionable and inexcusable for mighty America. But unlimited money for more bombs, subs, jets, carriers, pointless wars and interventions. We crumble as the military gets fat. Just like Russia.

I know

I sad we can't get people to Philly in July

There's still time.

[-] 0 points by grapes (5232) 11 years ago

It was to save money by base consolidations and forward deployment to defend against attacks coming over the Atlantic. The audacity of the attacks was a surprise (it should Not have been if we had meshed 1993 WTC bombing with the plot to blow up many airliners simultaneously over the Pacific and the plot to fly airplane into the Eiffel tower) -- but now we can all see the bloody consequences so the original assumption of sending plotters and attackers to hell was not too far off. It is sorry to say that a lot of people had to accompany on the trip, too.

The U.S. had quite a number of warnings but the people in power were blind, complacent, or immobilized by a sex scandal that transfixed the nation. Shall I say that our Presidents learn on the job? The very rough transition from Clinton to Bush was followed by the very smooth transition from Bush to Obama. Each President learned on the job how much bad karma the U.S. had already accumulated: WTC - 1993, WTC/Pentagon - 2001, and Underwear bomber. Warnings included: plot to blow up many airliners simultaneously over the Pacific, plot to fly airplane into the Eiffel tower, twin U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, and U.S.S. Cole bombing in Yemen.

I've heard of this Evil Super Villain

he calls himself Jet Lag

The U.S. was obsessed with sex and politics while it ignored the louder and louder drumbeats portending the impending catastrophe. Clinton understood their meanings but his and Bush's incoming (still in anarchic disarray) administration did not get this vital global security priority communicated, partly due to the impeachment of Clinton pinning him down from giving the needed level of responses and partly due to the cliffhanger election in Florida, Supreme Court remanding the case, and the ill will surrounding the "stolen election." It was truly a case of the naked Emperor having his little tail caught in the sensuous mouth of a young intern combined with the big and swaggering Texas Instrument replacing it.

OK you convinced me. The Pentagon was not supposed to be defended or evacuated. While Shrub was in OJT the local battery commanders also were, as was the chief of the Air Force. Right. Dream on.

It was probably too close to make a lightning-quick decision to shoot down a civilian airliner near the nation's capital. At critical junctures, people not rising to the occasion often let really bad things happen. An airliner travels at least 130 knots at takeoff to 500+ knots while cruising. How much time does a local battery commander really have to decide to shoot it down? The chief of the Air Force was probably unavailable to make a quick decision -- a major problem with All hierarchies (those who know the pertinent data do not have the authority and those who have the authority in general prefer to and can stay out of the fray to have easier lives [do you see top-brass medical doctors attending to emergency-room patients during wee hours?] because they Can).

The C.I.A. shared its knowledge. N.S.A. and the F.B.I. knew, too, but the ball was in F.B.I.'s court when it happened. The real problem was the bureaucratic boundaries and the blase/complacent attitudes and the little tail (sex and politics) wagging the big dog to ineptitude, all of which were legacies from former Presidents pulling tricks (think FlushingCheckpoint and Wiener Schnitzel/lollipops).

Also never mentioned is what were the provocations, causes of 9/11.

Oil -- and then all of its ensuing twists and turns through lusts for power, greed for wealth and riches, colonialism, imperialism, arrogance, medieval institutions, longings for glories past, ethnographic superiority and inferiority complexes, religious dogmas, political ideologies, tribalism, ignorance, subterfuge, intrigue, revenge, antisemitism, antiXXXism, proYYYism, bribes, corruption, torture, dictatorship, puppetry, antagonisms, male-chauvinism, female-subservience, unemployment, revolts, revolutions, and all in a big bloody mess. We are still either mopping up or doing the same without using any cleaning agent.

The best list I have seen! I think profits top the list by Big Oil and MIC.

This is a valid starting point to see the evidence.

[-] 1 points by frogmanofborneo (602) from New York, NY 11 years ago

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth have credibility. When 1,300 of these professionals risk ridicule, ostracism and worse to join this organization I have to take note of what they are saying.

As for the bloated and lazy US bureaucrats, you'd have to say there was a lot of gross negligence and incompetence resulting in such a tragedy including the wars that ensued. I never heard of one being fired, let alone prosecuted.

What is really holding people back from grasping this reality, is the horrific thought that their own government could possibly consider sacrificing American people for their own agenda/s.

We are approaching the point in history when the 1% doesn't care that everybody else knows their agenda.

[-] 2 points by frogmanofborneo (602) from New York, NY 11 years ago

I agree.

If you own the finance, politics, military, police, emergency services, homeland security, and the judiciary, the public are just a nuisance value.

Well, the public, especially the working class remain a profit source though the system is contradictory. The system wants consumers, but hates to pay them wages and salaries. The one percenters would rather lend to individuals and governments than pay wages or taxes but that seems to have blown up on them. They want the workers to pick up the tab for the internal contradictions and ensuing crises of their system.

[-] 0 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

being well connected has worked well for the few

and may work well for the many

And never mentioned is what provoked the attack? Causes? Why the US? What did we do over many years?

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth point towards and "inside job" though they do not say exactly that. They point to evidence. I agree with this comment:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/12-years-for-911-cancers-to-be-covered/#comment-759974

Lots of people in lots of countries have grievances against the US.

We invade, occupy, kill civilians. We prop up corrupt dictators, arm them, pay them and they kill their people. Gee, why do they hate us?

Funny about this hate thing. Maybe it was different for others but i went to Venezuela a few years ago for a couple of years. People were friendly and did want to know my opinions. Still, yeah the US and Americans have done terrible things. I spoke with someone from China who told me he was in a university classroom when the news came out that the Twin Towers had fallen. He said most of the students cheered. Then there was that basketball game not so long ago hosted in China where the American team got beat up. Yeah, people have memories and emotions.

Yes. And as our drones and airstrikes that are never mentioned here kill more civilians, they get endless recruits on those that want to attack us.

June 13, 2012 How Drones Help Al Qaeda By IBRAHIM MOTHANA Sana, Yemen http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/14/opinion/how-drones-help-al-qaeda.html?ref=opinion&pagewanted=print

No argument here.

The MIC loves endless war for profits. Fuck the dead and maimed.

[-] -1 points by bigbadbluebananaboy (-124) 11 years ago

Not only is it your government, but the people who obeyed orders and did what your government asked also are to blame.

[-] 1 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

Sure lets just point fingers and lay blame. Great tactic. This news is about the people who are the good guys. The ones who jumped to help others in trouble without asking why, or expecting anything in return.

You are right about that.

[-] 1 points by mildred (3) 11 years ago

If they didn't care about the 3,000+ in the Towers, why would they care about the 'little munchkins' working on the pile. 9/11 high perps = total monsters.

It was all to save money.

[-] 1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

This is not at all difficult to understand once you realize the Royals need the peasants to do things, but they want those things done as cheaply as possible.

People are throwaway commodities to the point of death and disease, for profits.

[-] 1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

not all people, the job creators matter jut ask Romney (high net worth individuals)

DOMESTIC job creators, not NAFTA outsourcers or creators for foreign govts.

"...Here are some of the highlights. Since September 11, 2001, the U.S. government has created or reconfigured at least 263 organizations to tackle some aspect of the war on terror. The amount of money spent on intelligence has risen by 250 percent, to $75 billion (and that’s the public number, which is a gross underestimate). That’s more than the rest of the world spends put together. Thirty-three new building complexes have been built for intelligence bureaucracies alone, occupying 17 million square feet—the equivalent of 22 U.S. Capitols or three Pentagons. Five miles southeast of the White House, the largest government site in 50 years is being built—at a cost of $3.4 billion—to house the largest bureaucracy after the Pentagon and the Department of Veterans Affairs: the Department of Homeland Security, which has a workforce of 230,000 people.

This new system produces 50,000 reports a year—136 a day!—which of course means few ever get read. Those senior officials who have read them describe most as banal; one tells me, “Many could be produced in an hour using Google.” Fifty-one separate bureaucracies operating in 15 states track the flow of money to and from terrorist organizations, with little information-sharing..." http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/09/04/zakaria-why-america-overreacted-to-9-11.html

A self serving bureaucracy whose only purpose is to perpetuate and expand itself. The public is terrified by gov't news and propaganda from mass media so they agree too this.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by secnoot (-14) 11 years ago

Perhaps we should sue Saudi Arabia rather than turning our anger towards our own people. I doubt Rudy or Christine had much to do with the cause of the dust.

They were probably not well versed in building materials and Chemistry (there are things that can be created by or can survive the fiery destruction well) or they trusted the Bush-era EPA pronouncements which might have been to avoid panic in the populace.

You got it!!!! Why on God's great earth did they pick thew US and WTC??? What were the provocations? Was it our propping up and arming despotic dictators who killed their people? Was it our bombs and armies invading and interfering in their countries for decades in our quest for oil?

The foremost reason is that the U.S. is the country with the most dominant power on Earth. There was a perceived or de facto Arrogance in its international dealings. Being number one means most of the very bad stuffs done by purportedly subservient despots are attributed by people to the U.S. pulling strings behind the scene. There was the hypocrisy of handing terror suspects to foreign countries for extra-U.S.-judicial "violence-enhanced questionings," "floating hotel vacations with jeopardy games," and off-homeland "indefinite camping in tropical paradise (for insects)." There were many things committed willy-nilly in our name or simply wrongly attributed.

We dominate the globe for "our interests." China does the same thing with no wars, a fraction of our military budget and is getting stronger daily to the point they will be stronger than us economically soon.

China is still mainly a continental power with very little long-range military capability (aside from nuclear-tipped ICBMs which Any country fears but their usage would befit maniacs due to the very likely blowback -- however, non-state actors may very well engage in it due to the perceived possibility of evading repercussions). The U.S. has a global military presence with its blue-sea navy and myriad bases so if it so wishes can truly call the Pacific Ocean an American lake. Your "soon" is likely to be decades. We have gone through this talk before with the Japan juggernaut. Fast growth from a small base still takes a long time to catch up to a large absolute value, assuming no scenario of being side-tracked. As China strengthens, it will experience more of the problems of being highly visible and more excrement will be flung at or attributed to it as we know all too well already.

It will never get blowback to the extent we do. It "imperializes" with commerce, not at the point of a gun. Internally, it controls info much tighter and public opinion.

I certainly hope Not but I worry precisely because China controls information much tighter so the pressure may keep on building up behind the "dam" without relief. When an "immovable" object is being pushed by ever-escalating force, something drastic is bound to happen. Not opening the "spillways" invite disaster but opening them could increase the rate of the pressure buildup. I wonder if China is actually soaring as the magic dragon or riding on a China-eating evil dragon.

The people are too poor, disorganized and ill-equipped for a revolution. Also, there are too many to coalesce and geographically spread out.

NEVER count the people out ANYWHERE -- a good motto to keep in mind. China had been in the state that you mentioned and yet it had gone through many revolutions in its very long history, overthrowing even some of the most oppressive regimes ever known to the world.

I hope you're right.

not difficult considering the population ratio 4 to 1

huh

I guess they don't drop babies on their heads

China trades globally, in their interests, whips our ass with no wars, at a fraction of our military costs.

What were the provocations?

Would you like them in alphabetical order, or in a timeline?

READ the comment and watch FOX less.

Sarcasm, my friend. Wooooosh. ;-)