Here is a consensus of the most important demands, followed by an explanation of these demands. Print the list out, or make up your own petition. At the polls, at voting time 2012, request a write-in ballot. Vote for your candidate, and attach the list. Remember- do nothing, and nothing will change!
THE PEOPLES REFERENDUM: WE DEMAND THE FOLLOWING CHANGES IN OUR GOVERNMENTAL LAWS AND POLICIES-
1.End Corporate Financing of Politicians. Corporations are not real people, and don’t have rights under the Constitution. Only individuals not groups, or corporations should fund campaign financing. with a $100 cap on each donation.
2. Reform CongressPass a legislation stating that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP for more than a month, all sitting members of Congress will be ineligible for re-election. Initiate assessments and qualification tests in economics for the members of congress. Any member of congress who cannot pass these should be fired.
3. End the Tax Loopholes for the Wealthy
No more offshore accounts. No more charities or foundations, where less than 80% of the donations make it to the intended recipients or their causes.
4. Replace the Present Tax System With a Fair Tax/National Sales Tax
Enact a national sales tax, exempting food, rent and medical costs.
Reduce the size of the IRS.
5. Eliminate “Shorting” of Stocks On Wall Street
Put an end to acquiring wealth by destroying companies, jobs, and people’s life savings.
6. Allow Health Insurance Companies to Sell Across State Lines
7. Allow Individuals to Purchase Health Insurance with Pre-tax Dollars
8. End Abusive Medical Litigation.Put a $250,000 cap on pain & suffering and punitive damages in medical malpractice suits.
9. Put an Immediate Freeze on all Foreclosures and Foreclosure Evictions Enacted without a Full investigation of Each Individual Case. Pass legislation to restructure all loans to reflect the actual present day worth of the property. Bail out people, not banks.
10. Enforce Environmental Laws.
Prosecute companies that pollute, and politicians who receive illegal bribes from those companies. Ban all lobbyists from Washington, as promised by president Barack Obama during the 2008 campaign.
Must be logged in to send messages.
Jan. 30, 2012